• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fashion Disasters

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
incorrect and missing graphics on clothing items, either avatar or paper doll. Please post cropped screenies, we don't need the entire desktop for this one.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since this thread is about fashion, and instead of making another thread I'll post it hear.
When clothing is locked down or in containers you see the 2d graphic designs. When you put the clothing on the graphics change to the KR ones. that alone is a disaster in itself. all clothes should be in 2d graphics on or off the character.
The bandanna in the SA client looks more like a headband than a bandanna. I like it but, I'm sure all the men would not agree.
Dresses look more like robes than dresses. Dresses should be more flowing at the bottom and not look tight around the legs.
A fancy dress should look more like a ball gown.
A plain dress should look like it does in 2d and a little above the knees.
Looks like they used the tunic graphic for the doublet in SA.
clothing alone as a history in UO and I would like it that the clothes dont lose that history by graphic changes of the clothes should be put back the way they are suppose to look, but with a better quality look.

W

wee papa smurf

I logged in on another char which is male, he already had the heart of lion on and i could see it on my paperdoll, but when i took it off and tried to put it back on it disapeared :wall:

H

HeathBar

Dresses aren't showing up for me, they are showing on my paperdoll alright though.

W

Wolfways

Sorry no screenies but:

Barbed leather ninja jacket shows up on my char (female) but not on the paperdoll.

Arcane thighboots are "behind" the leggings on the paperdoll (same char)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone is interested, on Great Lakes there is a guy named JoO that has an RP reality type thing.

He's doing an SA only RP 'show'.

It's a knock off of "What not to wear", but he hosts it every Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. (**EDIT 7:00 pm CST) at Moonglow Trammel bank roof. Send screenshots of your SA char to JoO via the forums with a little bit about yourself and why you need a makeover.

Include other details like your characters history and any color preferences.

It's a great little thing he does, and he will even buy hair change deeds to complete the look.

PM JoO with your entries (feel free to submit someone else, but you've got to get them to the bank roof if they are selected!).

W

wee papa smurf

If anyone is interested, on Great Lakes there is a guy named JoO that has an RP reality type thing.

He's doing an SA only RP 'show'.

It's a knock off of "What not to wear", but he hosts it every Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. at Moonglow Trammel bank roof. Send screenshots of your SA char to JoO via the forums with a little bit about yourself and why you need a makeover.

Include other details like your characters history and any color preferences.

It's a great little thing he does, and he will even buy hair change deeds to complete the look.

PM JoO with your entries (feel free to submit someone else, but you've got to get them to the bank roof if they are selected!).

:lol:

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Ankh Pendant once worn appears as a sort of utility belt, and nowhere near the neck area ;)

E

Eyes of Origin

I have to redownload SA so I dont have screenshots atm, but colors are off on some things =/ Europa gold, neon blue and glacier colors are all way off it seems in SA.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd love if plain dresses appeared on paperdolls the way they do in KR :D It makes female characters actually -look- female.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Skull caps appear and disappear on the Avatar, seemingly at random.

F

Fink

Fancy shirt sleeves do not show if you're wearing a leaf tunic or dragonscale breastplate over the top. (shirt is missing entirely)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TY so much for fixing Plain Dress Issue last patch!

I am so happy ^^

H

Hooli Gan

Ooops sorry thought this was a thread about how Otis Firefly dresses his chars.

M

Maximilliean

The items appear on my paperdoll and my avatar, but the slots either don't show a graphic or they flash. The backpack, bags etc. does the same thing.

F

Fink

If we can regard hair as a wearable/fashion accessory..

In Enhanced client "Topknot" hair on a human looks like a full head of hair with a small bun on top. Horrid.

In Classic client it looks like a bald head with a small pony tail on top. Could we get the original/classic style in Enhanced client please?

---

In general I feel making the Enhanced client avatar & paperdoll layer properly and resemble the original garments is important. More people, those with "2D" fashion sense, will be accepting of it.

F

Fink

Leaf tunic: female breasts poke through the sides, like a crescent moon. Visible from front, sides, 1/4 and 3/4 diagonals (all directions except, mercifully, the back).

F

Fink

Double Axe is pitifully small on both avatar and paperdoll, making Axe of the Heavens look like Sandpit Trowel of the Heavens.

F

Fink

Jin Baori looks like a skin-tight doublet. It should be a loose-fitting overshirt, similar to an open waistcoat.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jin baori and doublet are incorrect graphics I reported back in KR beta, they've remained the same ever since afaik, it's possible we're stuck with those.

F

Fink

Jin baori and doublet are incorrect graphics I reported back in KR beta, they've remained the same ever since afaik, it's possible we're stuck with those.
Ugh. :cursing:

Two sets of avatars later and this is still incorrect. They don't even resemble the actual garments, let alone the UO style. All this "legacy look at any cost" and the central element to the game gets left out.

R

Rwyan

I've grown fond of the avatars - it seems some blurriness has been fixed with some of the more recent patches.

However - will post pictures when I get home. But layering is buggy on both the paper doll and avatar.

I created a new female character and am wearing a fine shirt underneath a robe and you can see bits of the shirt poking out of the robe in the doll. Likewise, you can see bits of the shirt poking out of the robe on the avatar.

S

Stupid Miner

When mounted and facing down (SE) wearing a Hakama-****a make's the horse's head disappear.

F

Fink

I would like an extra piece of art be used for the heads of mounts, to be layered over the top of the rider. Looking from the front and one-quarter view with most mounts, the character overlaps the head, neck, etc of the animal, which is unacceptable. Just one more texture, layered correctly, would make the mount/rider ensemble that much better.

Here's an example I did back in KR days (and my, isn't the ki-rin pretty at full resolution? rolleyes: )...

I hope it is plain from these images what I'm trying to explain. The left images are what we currently have (resolution aside) and the right images are how they would look with the centre image overlaid.

F

Fat Lip

Jin-Baori and Fur Boots:

Here are two graphically bugged pieces of clothing that I've come across. First, let's talk about the Jin-Baori. Fashionable in the 2d Client, but nothing more than a Doublet in the EC - please create a cool EC counter part similar to the 2d version. These pictures have a copy from the EC and one next to it from the 2d Client.

Next, we have Fur Boots. Somewhat fashionable in the 2d Client, but their potential is restrained by the terrible glitch forcing the Leather Leggins under them to bulge through, covering up most of the boot - please fix, and make them look nice just like the 2d Client version.

Attachments

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
this is what is worthy of a sticky...
You don't think that the devs should know about art bugs in the beta client? Seems like something they'd want to fix.