• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farspeakers

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone have any idea how to get these to work? That was one of the main issues with the council meeting in New Mag. If we get them to work one of the problems with having the meeting there will be solved.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are four sets locked down for you at the loot house, CharGar. One exceptional set, and three normal ones.

In case anyone is interested...

Each set has one input, and up to ten outputs.
For the example shown in CharGar's picture, set all of them to public, and loud.
Then, in the menu for the input, link all outputs.
Next, throw them all around, and annoy your neighbours!

Exceptional ones hold double the charges of the normal ones, and you have a fairly small chance of making exceptional ones - about one in four.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I may need your help to Otto, but getting late for me now so maybe one of the next days

Sargatanza

Journeyman
Mr Otto, or smeone else, if You will craft more of the Farspeakers, please, do one exeptional from gold, please :)

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I am far from Siege's lands right this moment, toiling away in the spirit realm, but when I return, I hope to put together the start of an instruction manual for these things.
If anyone wants me to make them some, I'm happy to, provided you can supply the components. I'm completely out of copper wire, apart from a small bit I use for decorating!

The ingredients (for one) are:
20 ingots
1 Copper wire
10 rubies
10 emeralds

There is a HIGH failure rate on crafting these - at 100 tinkering, with a +27 talisman on, I was getting a 54% success rate, and a 22% exceptional rate.
So, if you want me to make some (or you want to make your own) expect to need a lot more ingredients than I've listed above!

I'll have my picture imp paint a few images of the way I configure them later today.

It's probably worth pointing out that Jewelers still sell the old Communications Crystals. Depending on your needs, those might be good enough.

Blind Otto

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, here goes. I hope this helps someone!

1. Make sure you have the following: (per attempt)
  • Copper Wire
  • 10 Rubies
  • 10 Emeralds
  • 20 Ingots in whichever colour you want the Farspeaker to be. In this example, for Sargatanza's benefit, these are gold.

2. Attempt to create it. Repeat until you run out of ingredients, or succeed in making at least two!

3. Name your farspeakers, unless you like the default names.
For public broadcasts, like the ones we've been talking about for the council meetings, set Listen mode to Public, and Volume to Loud.
I'll cover the other settings further down.

Now, click link on your sender/microphone/whatever you choose to call it.

4. Click the receiver that you want to link to your sender.

5. You can select up to ten receivers per sender.

6. So, I've linked one receiver to my sender. Now to test it.

7. That works. Now to try various options.

First, personal mode. This means only my voice will be transmitted.

8. Next, spy mode. Put the sender into your backpack, or a nearby container, and it works while out of sight.

9. Set to private mode, only you can hear it.

10. Lastly, dual mode means that you and everyone around you can hear it, even if it's in your backpack!

As I said, I hope this helps someone.

A word of warning to anyone having public meetings (outside of a house) : These will decay if just left on the ground. It's easy to forget that, with a busy meeting going on. It's probably a good idea to assign someone to keep prodding it - or experiment with keeping it in a pack animal.

Let me know if you have any questions - I'll try to answer them!

My only question is - what should these sell for?
(if there's even a market for them!)

Last edited: