• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farming Legendary Artifacts

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so i know most players hold their farming spots near and dear but i am wondering if someone could point me in the right direction for finding legendary artifacts. My fencing sampire is at 1900 luck before honor. So after honor i am at 2900. I have been farming navery and medusa and haven't gotten really any legendary stuff. A major or greater artifact here and there but mostly lesser artifacts. I have ok luck with ancient wyrms in fel so that puts me at 3900 luck but very rarely do i get a good drop. I have also tried Rikktor and Semidar.

Can someone help point me in the right direction? I am getting pretty fed up. Feel free to PM me. Also, if anyone has any questions about my template feel free to ask!

Thank you!

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're not the only one fed up. I haven't gotten anything awesome since mid nov. It seems the only way to get high-end items is with a group. Which is fine... when you can get a group. It was easy to get a group during the RTB, now the shards are falling back to near emptiness again. Which forces the solo play.

I've been hunting the doom bosses since the end of the "of doom" item event. The doom bosses loot is about the same quality of a lich lord, which is very disappointing, especially when you throw in the item wear. One 30 min battle with the dark father with my sampire resulted in lich lord quality loot, but my armor losted 20-30+ durability in that time. This is an imbued suit, nota brittle. Durability loss has gone crazy for melee types. Its fine for my tamer, bard, mage, crafter, but it completely is out of control for melee chars. end rant.

I have gotten some nice items off skeletal dragons and drakes nothing close to legendary stuff. I have heard dreadhorn, and lady mel dropped some awesome items, but that was back in oct.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I believe Exodus is where people get most of the good stuff that is sold on the forums. Need a group though.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys. Can anyone explain how a group helps with the loot? I don't quite understand.
You have to have at least 2 people before you can even summon Exodus and usually having more speeds the process up and is more than worth your time.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You have to have at least 2 people before you can even summon Exodus and usually having more speeds the process up and is more than worth your time.
Got it! Thank you. Anyone want to do exodus? ICQ me lol I havent ever done him before but looks doable with some support characters.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ho Hum.... lvl 6-7 maps :p (and yes I saw that you are a fencing sampire so this may be a prob)

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can get them from peerless, 6-7 maps(dunno about 5's), champ spawns, SoS, event boss guys and normal creatures(I pulled a Legendary from a gold ele while farming up blackthorn items last week).

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I might be mistaken on this one but I think Exodus has that corrupted life force like Corgul so you can´t leech life through the vamp form.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I might be mistaken on this one but I think Exodus has that corrupted life force like Corgul so you can´t leech life through the vamp form.
Yeah after looking around looks like it would be wise to stone off necro for healing if i was going to try to melee him. But would need a bard and some other support.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
You can get them from peerless, 6-7 maps(dunno about 5's), champ spawns, SoS, event boss guys and normal creatures(I pulled a Legendary from a gold ele while farming up blackthorn items last week).
How much luck are you running? I have done peerless and champ spawns. Currently making a luck suit for my fisherman, have a bunch of SOS and ASOS. Thank you.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I carry my luck suit (2400) in my backpack and have a macro to equip it all from one key stroke. I swap to this when enemy is red lined.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I carry my luck suit (2400) in my backpack and have a macro to equip it all from one key stroke. I swap to this when enemy is red lined.
I keep thinking about doing this more and more... Just something about wearing all that gold though.

Joshua Ravenloft

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much luck are you running? I have done peerless and champ spawns. Currently making a luck suit for my fisherman, have a bunch of SOS and ASOS. Thank you.
I wouldn't bother with ASOS's, I've fished up 100's in the past few weeks and got exactly zero legendary items. Luck also - so I'm told and from what it says on the official UO site, - doesn't affect treasure chests (including those fished up from the sea)....

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Exodus definitely drop some nice stuff, but I never saw a legendary artie out of him that wasn't brittle or cursed.
You may want to try fel peerless as well. Fel Mel drops some really shiny stuff.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I wouldn't bother with ASOS's, I've fished up 100's in the past few weeks and got exactly zero legendary items. Luck also - so I'm told and from what it says on the official UO site, - doesn't affect treasure chests (including those fished up from the sea)....
From the publish 86 info: "
  • Loot obtained from monsters, SoS Chests, Treasure Chests, Dredging Hooks, and as Quest Rewards will be influenced by the luck of the individual getting the loot. "
Not saying it actually does. Just what the publish said. That sucks to hear about the ASOS. Where you using luck?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Scalis gives killer loot, though this is another group activity. I've found high end normal monsters that you can kill quickly work well. Most of the loot is junk but you increase the chance of getting something good by increasing the volume of items you're seeing. Think Balrons and Greater Dragons, especially in Ilshnar for the Paragons.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Exodus definitely drop some nice stuff, but I never saw a legendary artie out of him that wasn't brittle or cursed.
You may want to try fel peerless as well. Fel Mel drops some really shiny stuff.
I was thinking to give paroxysmus a shot, he seems a little easier than lady mel for sampire.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know why the Dark father is dropping Myrmidon armor as a reward? Myrmidon armor is peerless loot why is it falling in doom? Are the doom bosses loot tables correct?

Bonus: chest piece just completed the set. :)

Last edited:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sadly it's only around 1000 or so as I am attempting to make a few new suits. On my tamer/t-hunter I run closer to 2K before the statue and she has been getting LA's every third dig. When this first came out I was getting 2+ on nearly every Cora I did with 0 luck but after the nerf that they said didn't happen but everyone commented about that changed.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sadly it's only around 1000 or so as I am attempting to make a few new suits. On my tamer/t-hunter I run closer to 2K before the statue and she has been getting LA's every third dig. When this first came out I was getting 2+ on nearly every Cora I did with 0 luck but after the nerf that they said didn't happen but everyone commented about that changed.
I really appreciate the info. Maybe i need to step it up on my treasure hunter!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been having a good time using mine. I bring a bard along and just provo, disco and cast EV's on everything which is faster than using a dragon.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do anyone know when luck is taken into account when it comes to Tmaps? Is it when dug up or when opened?
Or even when the map is decoded?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm a Melee (swords) paladin T-hunter that does level 6 maps regularly, so a Sampire should find them a piece of cake, if they can find 100 skill points to trade out cart & LP for. I even have done level 7s solo, but some facets are easier than others on 6s and 7s.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe there is an energy vortex in one of the Dungeons that was revamped. It is corrupted or something like that. I used to get alot of relic fragments from it. I have not been down there since my return though.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I'm a Melee (swords) paladin T-hunter that does level 6 maps regularly, so a Sampire should find them a piece of cake, if they can find 100 skill points to trade out cart & LP for. I even have done level 7s solo, but some facets are easier than others on 6s and 7s.
I am actually making a new character =) Not sure exactly the direction yet.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Zamot, the unboud energy vortexes loot is pretty pathetic now.
Rather sad to see it, specially since they take so long to kill. You get way better loot off White Wyrms in Fel without any luck than by killing them UEVs with 2K+ luck.
Shame isn't worth visiting anymore. The spawn is tougher than normal, and the loot so poor. :(

a slave girl

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got my first and so far only Legendary Artifact, an antique ring, off a cu sidhe on Atlantic in Twisted Weald with about 650 luck.

Animal Lore 15
Music 15
Stamina 4
Enhance Potions 25
Hit Chance 15
Defense Chance 15
Faster Casting 1
Swing Speed Increase 10

If only some of those skills were a bit different.

Still it does mean you can Legendary Artifacts anywhere that has reasonably difficult creatures without really trying too hard.

For now at least.

robot_legs

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Got my first and so far only Legendary Artifact, an antique ring, off a cu sidhe on Atlantic in Twisted Weald with about 650 luck.

Animal Lore 15
Music 15
Stamina 4
Enhance Potions 25
Hit Chance 15
Defense Chance 15
Faster Casting 1
Swing Speed Increase 10

If only some of those skills were a bit different.

Still it does mean you can Legendary Artifacts anywhere that has reasonably difficult creatures without really trying too hard.

For now at least.
Thank you for the update!

Maybe we can keep this thread going if people are having luck in certain places they can update us. I understand people want to keep there trade secrets but in my opinion in a game with a diminishing player population anything that can keep people interested and having fun is a good thing.

Mithryl Elves

Elves Suck
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I believe Exodus is where people get most of the good stuff that is sold on the forums. Need a group though.
U can do Exodus alone. Need 2 accounts. I won't be the guy to tell people how tho:)

0-7 Legendarys a kill so far is the reported record and in 10 minutes.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
U can do Exodus alone. Need 2 accounts. I won't be the guy to tell people how tho:)

0-7 Legendarys a kill so far is the reported record and in 10 minutes.
I guess it involves luring him down to a specific spot and trapping him there. Much like the Lady Mel ladder exploit they should fix that.
Assuming that´s what you meant of course...

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zamot, the unboud energy vortexes loot is pretty pathetic now.
Rather sad to see it, specially since they take so long to kill. You get way better loot off White Wyrms in Fel without any luck than by killing them UEVs with 2K+ luck.
Shame isn't worth visiting anymore. The spawn is tougher than normal, and the loot so poor. :(
I have to agree.
I did unbounds daily for a long time and am pretty sure I know what they used to drop on average and they don't drop anything near that lately :(

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yep. The best way to fight Exodus, is to go oldschool and resurrect the ancient, nearly lost art of Warrior X-Healing. Being a Macer helps against him, for the Stamina damage to slow down his swing speed. Use HLA/HLD on him too. Bards can't Discord him, and only the Provo or Peace bard songs would be useful there.

I guess it involves luring him down to a specific spot and trapping him there. Much like the Lady Mel ladder exploit they should fix that.
Assuming that´s what you meant of course...
Either that, or he's talking about running a x-healing script on the two Warriors.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe I'm just running some bad RNG, but I've done Fel lady Mel maybe 20-30 times..not one item better than greater and nothing worth keeping. I did however get a crimmy/blaze dye I've been soloing with 2400 luck pre statue

However I've got some pretty nice things off ancient wyrms..just nothing overlapped legendary stuff..not worth the time invested though..I thought the point of the revamp was to make all MOBs worth at least opening to loot. It seems so few and far between between unless you're farming Exodus or Underwater Boss..it definitely needs to be tweaked up for overland spawn..still 98% junk, which I guess in retrospect is better than 100% garbage, but still I think 80-85% junk would be a better fit for people who don't power game for 15 hours a day or script farm. Just my 2¢

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Christina Kardos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Thank you Drowy! I will definitely try those greater dragons out. Hopefully it will not turn out to be too challenging. I dont want my char to look like:gee:after the fight. I am currently farming shame but the loot is poor.​

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I fish up ancient sos in fel wearing a luck suit and get about 1 legendary artifact every 3 chest or so. So far they all have been antique, brittle or cursed but I have also gotten clean greater and prized major from them. Normal sos even in fel with a luck suit are not worth doing if your attempting to farm artifacts.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do very well with Tsuki wolves and 2900 luck modtly Majors and Greaters though with an occasional Legendary. I have actuallt pulled more legendary items from Vorpal Bunnies in fel than I any other critter. Seems to me the bigger the pile of junk in a corpse, the better the odds of getting majors and legendaries.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like a pretty interesting challenge =)
Yup, Mith's right. I pulled 3 Legendary Artis from the very first Exo I did, when it was 9 people killing him. Now I just go with one other person if I do it, and I have it set in UOA so I xheal automatically, recasting EoO as needed. It still goes pretty fast with two people, but you might as well go with a full group - I'm not sure of the specifics behind it, but I believe group size affects the quantity of loot. One Community Hunt Scalis I did on LS had 400+ items on the corpse.

Lythos-

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never seen a legendary, ever, and I've been to almost every possible thing I can do by myself in the game. I've found it more practical to camp a spot in hopes of a useful 1-2 mod item that can be imbued.

But it NEVER NEVER fails if I get a swing speed jewel it automatically comes with some intensity of LRC. I'm not sure why?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen a few Legendary items on Siege, but the one's I've seen seem to spawn in players packs. Unfortunately, the first one I saw, I had n o idea what it was or if it was worth anything, on top of that, I hadn't setup my stealing macros yet. The next few I saw had been Siege blessed...la

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to know about Unbound energy vortexes. So I was killing rotting corpses in doom for the doom event. I got a few legendary things from them. I just dont know which character I got it on or how much luck I had at the time.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do anyone know of any good farming spots in fell? The 1000 extra luck seems fun but the only thing i found good doing so far is Tmaps in fell and i would like to farm something ellse for a while.

Any ideas?