• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farewell

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Afraid of men in black suits are we ? :stir:

I wonder how it came to be that they took pity on me... or is it because I'm useful :eyes:

At least you could tell you can't tell... I hope thats not in it too !

K

Kayne

Farewell Draconi.

Never met you in game personally nor had any conversations with you but you will be missed as will your unique ability to bring fire and destruction to almost anything. Good luck in whatever it is you are moving on to do. Inocard will be certainly be a lasting memory of you and what you have done for this game.

DarkWolf

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farewell and Safe Travels Draconi.

Thank you for all that you have done for UO and it's players. You will be truly missed by many.

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck finding a new job ... but take my advice...

dont put KR or the SA client on your résumé or you'll never work in this industry again...

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draconi listened to players, responded to feedback and respected the p(l)ayers of this game. The majority of the current dev team would be wise to follow in Draconi's footsteps. It is a shame that they don't.
well said

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sad4::sad3::sad2: I'm so saddened by your departure. You have been a huge asset to the UO community and the community loves you so much.

It truly breaks my heart. You will be missed. I know I can be the biggest pain on the boards but I always liked you bunches! I hope I never caused you any pain and if by chance I did it was unintentional.

I give you these Irish Blessings with all of my :heart::

May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

The rains fall soft upon your fields and,

Until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
May your joys be as bright as the morning,

And your sorrows merely be shadows that fade,

In the sunlight of love.

May you have enough

happiness to keep you sweet.

Enough trials to keep you strong.

Enough sorrows to keep you human.

Enough hope to keep you happy.

Enough failure to keep you humble.

Enough success to keep you eager.

Enough friends to give you comfort.

Enough faith and courage in yourself to banish sadness.

Enough wealth to meet your needs.

And one thing more: enough

determination to make each day a more wonderful day

than the day before.
Farewell Draconi, until we meet again!

Jirel of Joiry

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I did not know you well Sir Draconi, but I have loved the world you loved so well. May your footsteps in worlds to come bring as much joy as they brought in this one.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fare Thee well Draconi,

*Austin 2007 will always stand out as a highpoint during my playing UO. Had you had occasion to know that the tillerman tales of old, at least, have made a return? Here is to more immersiveness within Sosaria*

May the fire within your soul never falter though buffeted by the winds of fortune. May your heart leap as high as your dreams and soar through the night sky on leathery wings ever seeking for some sleepy village to bring true illumination. Be well, oh wanderer.

W

Whinemaker

Just want to say, thank you for what you've done.

Good luck in the future.

Oh, and can I have your stuff? (j/k)

S

Stewpid

Thank you for all you did for this game, and best of luck in whatever you do.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish you and your family well Sir. I will not forget the LS New Haven Park nor Jerimiah. :) Was a nice thing you did that day. :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
My second favorite Draconi moment... I actually camped Magencia on Siege to see if it would blow up. Oh yes! Draconi showed for a second and the fire blast was spectacular! I still have the black rock from that blast.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hearing you were no longer at UO really broke my heart, your departure is already being felt, UO is not the same without you. They really messed up letting you get away.

Many of us followed your journey across country on facebook, and we're all anxiously waiting to see where you end up. This is not the end for you. Someone of your incredible talent has a bright future, and knowing you, it will be brightly lit with fire, and just a bit evil. You always made evil fun. :)

copy this whole thread and put it with your resume, it will show your future employers how much you are loved and missed, or who knows... maybe you'll have your own company and your own game. That is something I would dearly love to explore.

Safe Travels to you my friend, I suppose it's okay now for us to put the fire extinguishers away. :(

L

Lady Mana

Hey Drac! Glad you had fun working at EA. Sorry you had to move from California ;P

S

Sadrith Mora

Farewell Draconi, you will be missed by many...

Thanks for all your hard work in UO, and best wishes for your future whatever it may be...

U

UO Crazed

I met you once at a Town Hall Meeting...I think we were smoking cigs (i was at dave and busters, so i could have been hallucinating ). I am really sad that you're leaving, you are such a part of the fabric of this game. I fear and hope at the same time. You will be MISSED!

Tell us, will you come and play as a char?

S

Salya Sin

Draconi deserves a monument dedicated in his honor in-game, if ever any designer ever did. This monument, when a mantra is said, would burst into flames for all enjoyment in remembrance of his love of UO.
I second this... tell me they are going to place a monument somewhere?

Take care of yourself Draconi! I'll miss your event stories and write-ups. The RSS feed has been dead without you... :( But at least you can leave knowing your jack-o-lanterns are now worth a FORTUNE to those who managed to snag one. :)

Take care! And don't disappear... we'd all still LOVE to hear from you on the boards...

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Startled at the stillness broken by reply so aptly spoken,

`Doubtless,' said I, `what it utters is its only stock and store,

Caught from some unhappy master whom unmerciful disaster

Followed fast and followed faster till his songs one burden bore -

Till the dirges of his hope that melancholy burden bore

Of Never-nevermore.
:eyes:

S

Stratic Fanatic

*Sighs*
Confirming what we've known/thought doesn't make things any easier.

You, sir will be missed. Best of luck in all your future endeavors. Keep us informed.

:party:
Rock On!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you Tim

(assuming its ok to call you that ,seeing as we r friends on facebook ;))

you got me addicted to UO again when ToT3 went live, that was the only thing i could not resist!

and have not looked back

so glad to see you are doing well on FB and will continue to say hello and comment when i can :)

take care, and be good:)

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You and your imagination and passion will all be sorely missed, Draconi.

Fare thee well, and hopefully someday we shall meet again.

Thanks for all you did.

K

Kensai Tsunami

best of wishes to you sir; best of all the devs imo. there is no replacing you at EA, sadly. hopefully the ones you leave behind have as much passion for UO as you. hats off to you and good luck.
*waves*

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Take care Draconi, hope you will return to us, one day in the future, if not as a member of the dev team, at least as a player, you will be missed more than any of us can truly express, you are one of the best to work on UO, you will be a very hard act to follow :D

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So long, buddy. I'll be sure to have a shot in your honor tonight.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
thank you.. for everything

and good luck in your next venture.

*sigh*

Lady Mal

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for all the hard work you have done for us over the years. You really helped to breathe new life into the game and kept a lot of people playing for your events. Halloween became something many players looked forward to each year, just to name one.

Good luck in all that you do and I hope your career continues to prosper.

Thanks for everything, you will be sorely missed.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry to be posting twice.

However I heard this song and it (immho)so embodies all the wishes everyone has for Draconi that I just HAD to post the lyrics.

We all wish for nothing but the very best for his future and this song just sums it all up so well.

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat
But always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Living might mean taking chances
But they're worth taking
Lovin' might be a mistake
But it's worth making
Don't let some hell bent heart
Leave you bitter
When you come close to selling out
Reconsider
Give the heavens above
More than just a passing glance

I hope you dance
(Time is a real and constant motion always)
I hope you dance
(Rolling us along)
I hope you dance
(Tell me who)
I hope you dance
(Wants to look back on their youth and wonder)
(Where those years have gone)

I hope you still feel small
When you stand by the ocean
Whenever one door closes, I hope one more opens
Promise me you'll give faith a fighting chance

Dance
I hope you dance
I hope you dance
(Time is a real and constant motion always)
I hope you dance
(Rolling us along)
I hope you dance
(Tell me who)
I hope you dance

(Tell me who)
I hope you dance
I found the video on Youtube...lol I learned something!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RV-Z1YwaOiw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RV-Z1YwaOiw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From Melantis to Draconi... So many have gone, not as many have been replaced.

You will be missed. God speed.

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This news is second only to the day Ol' Lord B left UO for good.

On that note, wasn't there fire involved in that?

*points finger* aaaaahhhhh! Now I know who did it!

Until we see you again. Cus as is said many times

'You'll be back'

and
'Can i have yer stuff?'

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Draconi,

It has always seemed as tho you were amongst us. I met you at the Columbus, OH TownHall at Dave & Busters.

From its birth, Sosaria was a most awesome and excellent world. It continues to be such despite or due to its many changes.

I can offer thee only my thanks and gratitude for all you have contributed to our Beloved Sosaria, and my very Best Wishes on every step of your continuing journey.

I hope you remain in touch with your numerous friends and admirers. And I truly hope you will be seen (whether we know it or not) here on Stratics and also on Baja.

Worlds await thee Oh Great Explosive One!!!

An SoS

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thank you for all you have done for us. We will miss you. Luck to you and yours in whatever you do.

D

Deb

As you can see you will be sorely missed!!!! Good luck in your future
endeavors and let us know where the next firestorm will be.

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This news is second only to the day Ol' Lord B left UO for good.
Thank you so much, but no, nothing can compare to the loss of our great liege... and yet, is hope lost? Nay! He's offered several times even during my tenure to make a return...

Perhaps one day the stars shall align and allow for such a fortunate event to come to pass :)

Having met Lord British at the 10th Anniversary UO celebration in Austin, I can assure you he still cares very much for the world he brought to life.

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much, but no, nothing can compare to the loss of our great liege... and yet, is hope lost? Nay! He's offered several times even during my tenure to make a return...

Perhaps one day the stars shall align and allow for such a fortunate event to come to pass :)

Having met Lord British at the 10th Anniversary UO celebration in Austin, I can assure you he still cares very much for the world he brought to life.
Never have I heard more welcome and uplifting news as this!!!

I am one who has not, and will never, lose Hope of His return. Ea and Mythic are insane if they do not see the epic potential for such a return.

Misunderstand me not, I love our land regardless, but such a Return would dwarf Aragorn's return to his throne!!!

An SoS

F

Flora Green

Farewell and good luck, Draconi. :) You were a bright, burning :p light in UO.

F

five oclock

Tips a glass of the finest Ale up and wishes you safe travels on your next adventure...

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farewell and good luck, Draconi. :) You were a bright, burning :p light in UO.
Emphasis on the burning. ;)

It was a pleasure to meet you at one of the town hall meetings and see what you've helped bring UO in the past four years. Whomever steps up next better have big feet to fill your shoes! Best of luck in your future ventures.

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Farewell, and thanks for all you've done... especially for putting back so much Ultima in UO!

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Draconi for all your hard work, be well sir.

*liberates Draconi's Compendium*

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep a foot in the door and drop in and play UO now and then. Would be fun if you would stay in touch. Never say goodbye. "See you"!
Here's wishing you Good luck, success, good friends, loving family and excellent health!

Lexfixr

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You are a class act sire
Ill get a good laugh and think of you when I look at my ugly Jack-o-lantern adorned with your name at my house steps

Live Long and Prosper

K

kennykilleduo

Must say , haven't played in a while , but must say by choice or not , UO lost yet another great one , good luck..

Thank you for making UO fun..

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also from me a big THANK YOU for all the good you did to the game and us players.
Wish you and your family the best for the future. May your better dreams come true.

Final question: Where did you hide your laboratory with the secret stash of explosives? How to access it?

Fare Thee Well
Olahorand
Germany