• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farewell

Draconi

Most explosive UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One question, though...

Did you pass all that info on the RNG issues on to someone before you left? And, do you still have archival copies of those essays you did on FB that we can archive here, since your old FB page is gone?
Yes, in fact, a lot of it has already been rectified - and I know the engineers were also considering hooking up the Mersenne Twister in the future :)

I ran some tests before I left, and the current interface was much better in the distribution of random numbers than the original one we found (that I talked about at first).

Luck is still fundamentally broken, I seem to remember. I think it's because the intensities of the loot tables aren't being taken into account because all the default values for the tables are below the threshold... some gobleydegook like that. So random weapons/armor/jewelry mods from monster drops are still going to miss the luck factor in some ways.

I'm afraid you'll have to ask the current team tho to look into it!

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks for the vision Draconi, KR was the right direction as was the SA expansion had they ever would have been allowed to be TRUELY completed.

Also a special thanks for the surprise of finding a certain old game system that didn't quite make it and getting it ingame.

B

Budweiser KDL

Thank you for everything Draconi. I appreciate it.

The Bud.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You have done an amazing job with your time in ea /uo and I know all the players thank you for all the hard work you did on our behalf good luck in your new ventures and stop by from time to time and give us an update

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ive enjoyed what you have done with my game.

drop me a line if ya wanna play some time, hehe, im sure you know where the good loot is!

C

Cazzador

Farewell My Friend.. And may you have blessed life in anything you do. Please keep us informed.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am incredibly, oddly curious as to how far and deep your non-disclosure agreement runs....In other words, how much you can and cannot tell us.

-Galen's player

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
T_T

I just mentioned your winter wonderland a day or 2 ago to show the creativity that passion and free reign could do.

Still, I am glad things are working out for you.

Fare thee well on thy journeys ahead.

G

georgemarvin2001

I do a lot of criticizing, but I wouldn't bother if I didn't think that you were considering all the criticisms and doing what you could to make UO better. When you blaze a trail in your new endeavors, quite a few of your fans are sure to follow. It would be good to hear from you when you're settled into your next MMORPG role.

While I've got your attention, I would really appreciate it if you would let us players know whether UO is reasonably safe from the wholesale slaughter at EA. Also, if UO survives the massacre, whether the SA beta client will still be improved to the point that it is a viable alternative to the CC for the majority of us players, or is it headed the way of KR? And, still assuming that UO survives, is UO going into maintenance mode, or were you still planning new expansions on a pretty much yearly basis like in the past?

Farewell, good luck and safe travels.

M

Mayadevi

Ohhhhhh,

You are missed Draconi, you are sorely missed ! Even finally getting a wield-able frying pan or rolling pin won't be the same without you blowing things up and providing interesting things to aim it at :(

You sound like you are having a blast though, so Good Luck and all that ! I hope you leave a trail of fire a mile wide !

Crazy fun adventures of your own choosing? Utoh ! That sounds like...well, I hope you let us all know where the line starts !

:cheerleader:

I know I wasn't always the kindest about some of the changes you made, but you always seemed to listen and care about what was best for the game, thanks for that. And thanks for years of great explosive fun ! It won't be quite the same without you but I can't wait to see what you get up to next !

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To you I say don't worry! All things have their time... besides, you know know I'm already up to no good – just follow the trail of fire!
Best of Luck in where ever the roads take you Drac, with your passion you showed, did & gave to all of us in the UO World you will go far. You gave to us more then any Dev ever has, you gave New Hope to the UO World. Thanks for everything ya did to make UO more enjoyable.
And as for the quote above, I don't think we've seen the last of Mr Flamethrower :flame: :thumbup:
Best of Luck to you our UO friend.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll second Cear on that...

and I'll take it extreemly personally, since I claim to be THE stranger.

Also the fact that you inevitably heard about me and turned a blind eye, I do not blame anyone however, I'm evil after all, and evil shouldn't get any attention during the end of time. Yet my cynism can only go to sleep for honor to prevail in the now.

But overall I think you did an awesome job ! It was pleasant to see the black robes working hand in hand with the white priests again.

Sweet memories ! Fare thee well and Namase ! :heart:

Andrasta

Goodman's Rune Library
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sad3: You will be missed here.

Good Luck in your future adventures.
Remember Fortune favors the brave.

Thanks for all your hard work...

Laina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you and your fire will be greatly missed :(

*lights some kindling in front of her house*

Safe travels Draconi

:flame:

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't know if you were aware of this, but after news of your departure broke, there was a mad rush for "Draconi" named items, most notably the Jack O' Lanterns. I cross shard trade alot and visit many ppl's homes and I can honestly tell you, there are MANY MANY tributes to you that I've seen that people have made in their own homes. Hopefully you are touched by this and know of the vast amount of players that KNEW you were on OUR team!

Thanks for the dedication and talent you brought to the team! You'll forever be remember by us!

A

AesSedai

- (*nods and waves to Fayled Dhreams*)

(Sorry, but the man does not accept PM's and I've been curious as to whether FD is okay as well. So without further ado, let's get back to Draconi's post)

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always tear up when I say this but, once more into the breech, May you have fair winds and a following sea in all that you do. Your talent is amazing and it will be missed.

J

Jhym

Glad you were around, hope you can hop in the forums now and then to say hi to us and let us know what you're up to.

It's interesting to look through my bells and candles and pumpkins and cards in game to see how many names have moved on.

Take it easy buddy, and when I see an Inocard or flames around I'll think of ya.

:flame:

W

Walkerboh77

Wonder how this bodes for mythic...

draconi left UO....and Lori Hyrup just last week left Mythic/Daoc

sad to see both go

F

Fayled Dhreams

- (*nods and waves to Fayled Dhreams*)

(Sorry, but the man does not accept PM's and I've been curious as to whether FD is okay as well. So without further ado, let's get back to Draconi's post)
Well as I can get away with ...(still mayn't do the back channel)

Now then ...

What shall we burn down in tribute to the departing firestorm master?
ALL the fireworks wands?
simultaneous ... at say ... Britbank?

Shirley! a cross-shard traveling story line ...
a box-o-BOOM for the daringest questors ...
Dynamite fishing from free traveling ships?
Remember, remember the 5th of February. The gunpowder, treason, and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

tears just seem so .... insufficient ...

*waves*

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good luck, Draconi, thanks for all your beautiful and hard work, all the best in your future endeavours und auf Wiedersehen! :)

*bows*

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fare Thee Well and good luck in your journey and for your new challenges.

Thank you for your contributions to Ultima Online.

As sad as it is to see players or game developers move on, it conforts to have Ultima Online still standing still, going towards its 13th birthday !

Long Live Ultima Online !

E

Eyes of Origin

I cant believe I missed this post yesterday! and I was really hoping not to see a Farewell post :(

Goodluck Draconi, in everything you do. You will be missed! :)

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farewell Draconi. It was so sad to see you go.
Thanks for telling us you are ok now, you really deserve that after what you did for us ower the years!

Thank you.

A

AesSedai

What shall we burn down in tribute to the departing firestorm master?
ALL the fireworks wands?
simultaneous ... at say ... Britbank?

Shirley! a cross-shard traveling story line ...
a box-o-BOOM for the daringest questors ...
Dynamite fishing from free traveling ships?
Remember, remember the 5th of February. The gunpowder, treason, and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot.

tears just seem so .... insufficient ...

*waves*
- I am serious... and don't call me Shirley!
Just wanted to add that the 5th of February sounds like a great time to pay our respect with some fiery wands at the origin of UO banks worldwide ;)
We have but a day left to gather the troops to celebrate Draconi; seems like the least we could do for this Guy.
What time say ye'? Perhaps 5pm EST (seems fitting inn-a-cence)?
When I return tomorrow, if I do not see the notion mentioned in a new thread here, then I will make a point to create one of my own, for Fawkes sake.
(Great to hear you're doin' well as can be FD. I would love to participate in a contemporary outburst of fire-work homage. I will likely be on that shard that has stronger ties with a grapevine)

A

AesSedai

- I dunno.
Are you playing UO?
Really?

Well how about celebrating yet another great UO Developer; this one was called Draconi?

(I hope I'm not the only one to notice that it's rare to see so few trolls appear in a Devs. farewell post)

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farewell Draconi and thanks for everything you've done for the game and the community.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I would be the only one that could be considered trolling here, but that would not be true.

I am celebrating. I am learning thanks to you guys what he did for our sandbox, so lets talk about this instead, shall we ? I had not the chance of knowing him like some of you did, but I'm obviously interested now !

I do play ! You should see by now that the trolls obey me, I have asked them to keep quiet on this one, yes they know I dislike them very much. But they are obviously too weak to oppose me, so cheer up and stop trying to attack me.

What hinted my interest is that Fayled spoke so often against UO, that it kind of struck a cord here in me, that he would speak about vendetta, seeming to hint at the "secret" inspiration of the movie which not many researched. You know ?

You don't really want to encourage that do you ? I'm going to keep it at that and let Draconi speak for himself on that issue.

A

AesSedai

- Ya' had to post a second before I was out :)

'Hijinks' (sorry, it's just easier for me to refer to your username that way, this late at night), I got nothin' against ya'. Thanks for keeping the trolls at bay.
I do not feel that either parties have or were speaking negative, towards UO, in the grande scheme. Yet I too will avoid trying to speak on their behalf.
Although I will add: I feel they've both added plenty of flavor to uor little world.

Ahuaeyjnkxs

stranger diamond
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The more I learn about Draconi's value to the dev team, the more I feel threatened that he goes away. Especially because of the mystery that surrounds it...

I was one of the first to speculate that he was indeed gone, that was my gut feeling and I felt it was important to voice my opposition to it, but thats just a normal reaction I think.

It's rare that we learn someone cares while maintaining a community feeling.

People were saying all kinds of bad things about the way the bank was done, I felt it was nice to see someone care about britain.

People were saying all kinds of bad things about the way there were dicrepancy in the way the storyline was followed through from the original series, I felt it was nice that someone cares enough to try to make every detail fit.

This depature hit us all where we were the weakest, and it's one more reason here to see that all the people that have so many different opinions about UO itself, wish farewell to a man who had a honest intention and heartfelt feeling about it.

All the more relevant for my evil character to once again fiddle with my humanity and take a stand to focus on what good was done, because good was done and I now see it clearly.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a black day for Ultima Online. The game has lost another great developer.

Safe travels, Draconi!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I do not like goodbyes so I will not say goodbye... more of a...see you at the next bonfire.

With all this fire being poured into the world for remembrance I want to know who is planning to contain it? *Drops the garden hose* Yeah...not going to be me!

Catskills Bank building
(Don't worry I still forgive you for building the Catskills bank Design on Chesapeake) :heart:
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o129/GarethChesapeake/Draconi2.jpg

I bet somewhere on his resume it says
"Must allow me to use fire."

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will be remembered by the players as the best and favorite and most evil designer of all time. The passion that you have input into the game is amazing, and this game has your signature everywhere. UO hasn't been for same for me since your absence.

Thank You and Good Luck!

Nok

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been said many times, but it cannot be said enough... thank you.

Look forward to seeing where you land, and you work in the future. Flame ON! :)

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your dedication and input and every ounce of yourself that you gave to make UO better and better. You gave more than we'll ever know and you'll be remembered.

A

A Rev

All i can say is:

Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym!!!

You will be trully missed!

P

Phineas le Monge

As a parting favor, could you set Luna on FIRE?

Good travels, Drac!:thumbup:

J

JocelynofSonoma

Fare thee well Firestarter. Thanks for the journey!

:pint:Good life, good health, good times!

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for everything Inocard!

May your adventures be grand!

Nortrab!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tim - Sorry to see you finally confirm what most of us suspected from the start of the layoff news.

While we sometimes sparred over ideas on the boards - I've always respected your dedication to our game and your passion. You also stepped out to interact with the player-base and we are very grateful for your communication and the effort to improve our game.

Best of luck to you in the future and our gratitude for all of your efforts. Rarely to you get a chance to see your 9-5 work efforts affect so many people.

I too hunted pumpkins until I got a few Draconi ones and have one locked on my steps with my Wilki one and Grimm Omen one.

Take care and the very best in the future!

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draconi you will be missed for sure. I am guessing there are many many of us who flew under your radar but were (are!) still huge fans. I appreciated all you did for the game and your sense of humor (lighting houses on fire, etc.). Thank you for coming back and posting your goodbye. A very sad day, but it shows how much you truly care about us. Best of luck in whatever future paths you follow. Please don't be a stranger - it's always fantastic to see you back here :)

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draconi,

I don't remember UO without you in the background ... You will be greatly missed. Good luck and success in your future endeavors.

:bowdown:And Thank You for everything you've done for UO ... Every time I see a daemon named Inocard, I think of you!:flame: