• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Farewell my friends

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It appears i just cannot get back into UO. I left for a year and a half and came back last november time just over a year ago. I really got back into the swing of things and had great fun, doing the Lord Protector elections and creating the Hand of Chaos. I had lots of great ideas to put into motion and things were set up perfectly for the Hand of Chaos with Lord Blackthorn returning and we did have a growing memberbase.
But only 4 months after returning i burnt out again and got bored; this was amazingly quick i thought seeing as i had played years at a time before and just had a big break, but i took it as a sign. I kept my account open hoping i would build myself up to jump back in but it never happened. Exactly like last time before i left, i just hung around for months on end, rarely logging in, thinking up all these great ideas but i could just never get the enthusiasm or love for the game back to log in and do something.

So i think its finally time for me to move on and take all the years of great memories with me to cherish for the rest of my life. I'll miss all the great people the most, but i can still keep in contact on ICQ and forums.
I will no doubt pop my head back in during Return to Britannias but very much doubt i'll stay on past that or resubscribe unless some miracle occurs. Hey maybe one day UO will go free to play, and that day i hope for :), that would give it a great boost in numbers im sure :). Me and my bear army will be waiting for that.

Its been great playing with you all, and thank you all for making UO and Europa such a great place :) And giving me the best of memories. I am sad to leave you all, and sad that i had so many more great ideas to share with you but they would never move past ideas, i am all UO'd out and it is time to move on.

I would also like to give a special thanks to our EM's Emile, Adris and the now retired Sarakan. Thank you for all the hard work you put into entertaining Europa, and for all the crap from people you endure in doing so.

Last edited:

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really too bad Esca! I really enjoyed playing and roleplaying with our "enemies" (and sometmes allies) from Vesper.

*signed* Falconheart
Grenadier in the Covian Army

Tokot

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was Esca that mythic nail that was holding Europa together? It's a pity to lose such players, but its twice more pity when the whole system collapses cause we underesimated how badly we did need them :(

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to see you go :(
My solution, when Europa seemed a little stale, was to play another shard. Starting from scratch with new chars and no gold really refreshed the game for me. I've played 2 shards for a long time now, I have homes on Europa and Siege and have mothballed characters on another. Now I'm back playing Europa and loving it. My mothball crew eventually lived on a couple of Tokuno ships moored near Jhelom bank on a US East coast shard. Now the boats are in back packs and their possessions in banks and beetles. There waiting for me when/if I feel like a change of pace.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've played alot of freeshards in the past few years Petra and i didnt last more than a week on any of them, i couldn't handle starting from scratch again, i've done it so many times on all my characters hehe, and when in roleplay i wouldnt train skills up on golems or anything i'd just let them go up over time. UO as a game just doesnt interest me anymore unfortunately :(

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame to see you go pal. Had fun fighting you over the years. I remember fondly the time when Yew and Vesper clashed near the Compassion desert, and the Besiegers nicked your bear hat, briefly.

Have fun out there.

Player of Tommy, Grd.

PS.

Your bear army might be bigger in numbers Esca.. and be real bears! But Merrt gathered his bear army two years ago! And they have far more heart than real bears!

http://www.grd-europa.co.uk/forum/s...sult-too-far!-(OOC-knowledge)&highlight=Merrt

Last edited:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) you'll be missed. I've never set foot on a free shard - I just played one of the US shards without people knowing I was there. I may not be a role player, but I'm not a golem basher either. I raised my skills there the same way I did way back when I started. I'm sorry that won't work for you. Maybe at some point you'll find a reason to return, in the meantime may you prosper in whatever you chose to do next.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gimme a buzz on steam!!!!! look for Fera Cael and play DAYZ!!!!!!!!!! and get Hardy and Heimlich to get it too, what a team!!!!

Good luck, look forward to see you in steam!!!!

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Escaflowne. A true great of Europa, you will be missed.
I left about 1 year ago and yet the vice like grip of UO has pulled me back again. For how long I don't know, but if you come back and I'm still playing I'll make to welcome you back with some goodies!

Gimme a buzz on steam!!!!! look for Fera Cael and play DAYZ!!!!!!!!!! and get Hardy and Heimlich to get it too, what a team!!!!

Yes Jack, I know...I've purchased it now as it was on special offer, so as soon as I've sorted myself out PC wise I'll hunt you down!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
deffo huge loss for europa and another nail in the UO coffin...........enjoy your new pursuits...bank ya best stuff....just incase.....although with the best will in the world....were on the slippy slope already to the lights out............ill be here when them do..in some form or another

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

steam??? u guys playing railway building now//// PRAY TELL

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Esca,

We'll miss you. I had a lot of fun working with you on remaking the Chaos Shrine Tea House in Trammel as a temporary temple for the Hand of Chaos.

I guess I'll take some photos of how it is and then revert it back to a tea house :)

All the best, mate.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah im sorry never got round to decorating it mate, was all hyped up just as we changed it and as i started thinking about decorating i stopped playing :(

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Escaflowne, good luck for the future and any new endeavours. Was a pleasure dealing with you on various trades etc.

A great loss to the UO community. I hope you stick your head back into the game soon......

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
steam??? u guys playing railway building now//// PRAY TELL
Greetings, Steam is software that enables you to download games and auto updates, saves going to shops and boxes, gives you online chat etc, plus special offers, friends list so you can co ordinate etc, Dayz is a zombie apocolypse mod for the war game Arma 2 stuff of nightmares!

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings, Steam is software that enables you to download games and auto updates, saves going to shops and boxes, gives you online chat etc, plus special offers, friends list so you can co ordinate etc, Dayz is a zombie apocolypse mod for the war game Arma 2 stuff of nightmares!
But you can buy Train Simulator 2013 on Steam and build railways :)

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But you can buy Train Simulator 2013 on Steam and build railways :)
I think that's more driving them on existing lines rather than building them! Railroad Tycoon is the building one. Man, I remember that from well over 10 years ago. It's only a few £. Might have to buy it for some nostalgia.

Last edited:

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that's more driving them on existing lines rather than building them! Railroad Tycoon is the building one. Man, I remember that from well over 10 years ago. It's only a few £. Might have to buy it for some nostalgia.
Both Train Simulator 2013 and Trainz 2012 have constructor modules where you can create your own railway lines too.

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jurassic Park Operation Genesis was what it was all about! Screw building a railway line, build your own jurassic park :D

Reactions: Vor

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've warned the local zoo a madman may try and break in and spend the night with the bears, now he has free time on his hands... suspect is either very handsome or very ugly depending on which client he used. They asked if I knew his name, and I whispered "Esca..." but there was a sudden clap of thunder and a mutual shiver went around the staff. "Oh yes", they said "The Ursine Incident. The janitor still walks with a limp from that." I shall be watching the regional news with trepidation from now on.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
G' bye 'Flowne !

I loved your fur, and it was always tremendous fun participating in activities with Vesper, whether you were with Cove or against us.

Have fun in the future fuzzyman !