• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FAQ Suggestions/Comments/Corrections

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Everyone -

If you have suggestions, comments or corrections of FAQ content for any of the FAQs (Gardening, Alchemy, Cooking, Taste ID), please post them to this thread with the appropriate prefix.

Thanks!
Hyssmaye

B

Beastmaster

Q. Is there any difference in growing bonsai than any normal plant?
A. No, no difference at all. Bonsai plants have a 9 day growth cycle and pop on day 7 exactly as any normal plant. At day 9 they can be set to decorative mode. *please note that when you set your plant to decorative mode, it will lose it's title and read as "A Decorative Plant".

My bonsai plants finally started growing again and reached day 9. I set them to decorative mode and they say "a decorative rare bonsai plant" "a decorative uncommon bonsai plant", etc.

This was the fix the Devs put in sometime ago, but I can't locate the discussion of it.

B

Beastmaster

Something I discovered today.

If you remove a dormant plant from a secure container to allow it to continue growing, it will get it's next growth check either a)server up if locked down b)when you login if in your pack, bank, or beetle.

I moved 10 - 7th day plants from a secure to my beetle yesterday at 2:30PM. I moved another one at 6:00PM also to the beetle. At login this morning all 11 were showing - on the growth indicator but were on day 8.

T

Teiwaz

I just looked in your Alchemy (work in progress) thread and the subject of Taste ID hadn't been used yet ,so I'm wonder if it is important at all in things like bonuses etc. in relation to GM Poison ,GM Alchemy ,&/or GM Magery? If not what real purpose does it serve other than detrmining the current state of food or potions?

T

Teiwaz

I just looked in your Alchemy (work in progress) thread and the subject of Taste ID hadn't been used yet ,so I'm wonder if it is important at all in things like bonuses etc. in relation to GM Poison ,GM Alchemy ,&/or GM Magery? If not what real purpose does it serve other than detrmining the current state of food or potions?
I got my answer now so please no one jump to inform me. :D

No seriously I didn't see the Taste ID Fact at the time I made the above post. :dunce:

I have opted not too use the Taste ID on any character now. :cheerleader:

Hyssmaye

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry about the delay - I started a new job on Monday and have had an absolutely insane week. Glad you found your answer though!

T

Teiwaz

Sorry about the delay - I started a new job on Monday and have had an absolutely insane week. Glad you found your answer though!
No problem. :party: We all have lives outside the boards & the game. :lie: {j/k}

I do appreciate every Mod in UOStratics you all do great work, but reading it all can be like :wall: and drive one :coco: so I admire all you Mod's. :thumbsup:

G

Gwenyth

Can we get the chart with the new seeds and which monsters they drop on added to the FAQs?

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can we get the chart with the new seeds and which monsters they drop on added to the FAQs?
I don't believe that chart (presuming you are talking about the one in Japanese) is 100% exclusively correct.

I haven't completed all the growth cycles as of yet (3 more to go), but I hunt, almost exclusively, tsuki wolves for my imbuer to unravel items from, and have collected at least one of, and as many as 40-50 of several varieties of, all of the peculiar seeds, as well as dozens of the fragrant seeds, which turn out to be the Cocoa trees. I have also gotten (rarely) a mixture of both bonsai and peculiar seeds off of kappas, and no more than 2-3 peculiar's off of *a ronin*.

So while I don't doubt the validity of the information on that chart, I don't believe in the exclusivity of the seed drops/npc.

G

gelcaps

gardening... what has happened to the gardener's tool box in nujulim

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FAQ for gardening should be updated (if it hasn't been) to add the latest "glitch" with tribarrel cacti drops being randomized to any seed drop off Boglings (I got a century plant and pampas grass off the last ones I killed), including flowering cacti, and the crossing "bug" with tribarrels (that they're not producing true to the charts any more).

Love all this hard work - it makes it so easy for me to find info!