• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

FAO any dev

• Thread starter walter_mitty
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

walter_mitty

i took my char out of factions, two weeks ago,and resigned from the guild i was in, but he has still not left factions yet and i am unable to resign from the stone .im assuming because the game thinks i already have. :(
its like hes stuck in limbo. i paged a Gm who couldn't help and asked me to submit a bug. so i did.but he also told me that would be the last i would hear of it and would no longer respond WTF.

please please will you help me out or give me an answer.

can any devs tell me why this policy exists not to tell me whats happening and when or if my char will be fixed.

thanks​

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Walter, here is something to try:

Have one of your friends create a guild using a character that is not already in a faction. Then have that character (i.e., the guild leader) join the faction your character belongs to. Next, have the guild leader invite your faction character to join the guild.

Assuming everything works up to this point, the next step would be for the guild leader to go back to the faction stone and resign from factions. (Maybe wait a day to take this step to ensure the game's database captures the fact that your character is now in this faction guild.) When the guild leader resigns from factions, this should cause every character in the guild to start the 3-day process of leaving the faction.

It is not necessary for your character to be online when the guild leader takes this step, but it probably wouldn't hurt. If your character is online when the guild leader resigns from factions, I believe he'll see a message that says his guild is leaving the faction. Once the resignation process has started, your character can say, "What is my faction term status" to get a response saying he will leave factions in x number of days or hours.

I hope this works for you.

W

walter_mitty

tina that worked my char is now leaving the faction. whoo hoo thank you tina :bowdown:​

its a sad stat of play tho when another player can do so much more than a GM or a member of the people that actually develop the game :(

shame on you GM`s​

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm very glad it looks like it's going to work, Walter. Can you please post a follow-up when you're completely out?

Siabra

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the good news Walter is that your hopefully out now :p it couldbe worse and you'd still be waiting

GM's really do need to be more responsive and also more knowledgable about the game itself

W

walter_mitty

just an update that this did work and my char is now free of factions

thanks tina :bowdown:

J

jelinidas

and here is another example of why we need the counselor program. The players know more, show up, and actually help other players. :scholar:

B

BartofCats

That GM just couldnt find the answer to cut and paste into the response on stratics.