• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Fair's fair; props are owed to the devs

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I've been one to post lambasting the devs about poorly designed and badly implemented gifts over the past couple years. That said, this time they got it right, and I think we owe it to them to thank them for listening.

I've shown my props in the one way that matters, by turning on accounts.

This year's holiday gift:
  • is in token form, so trading can happen without worrying about rares
  • not wrapped in a useless bag (ala 19th anniv token) that just eats space
  • the choices from the token are actually things people will want
  • importantly, the choices include things people will want more than 1 of
  • and even more importantly, those things you'll pick more than 1 of, they stack.
So well done devs! There's still plenty of other things I can complain about - and lol, now instead of begging for sand and cave floor tiles, I'll just beg for cave floor tiles. But this time, you got it right. Props. :)

Brian

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have to agree with all but the last point...I really liked the snowglobes...they didn't take a lot of space...the sleighs are SUPER cool and yes I want a whole set, of course :/ but wow do they take up some space! I like to display my collections...this one is gonna be a tricky one to display! lol but I agree...love the gifts this year....I switched between sleighs and sand tiles....only got one rare box so far still have to hop in the EC to ID them all but I agree....AWESOME gifts this year!

Now if only I could get a little tiny tree to grow in Brit I would be happy lol...Tink is going to have carpel tunnel sewing so much! ;)

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are some awesome new gift box colors. I will not spoil it with pics. Thank you for those. And sand tiles. And sleighs. And my friend loves the snow tree. And is nice players can get snow & grass tiles and not have to pay 500k per.

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Oh, I'll agree with you on the snowglobes Larisa. Maybe not on lobster trays and every other variation since then though. :p But I was talking about gifts where we actually DO want more than 1 of the thing. Once you got a complete set of globes, I think relatively few went on to collect additional sets.

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
But when you pick a gift, it comes in a gift box. So...
I mean, you don't get folks doing the "trading rare giftbox on Atl for one on Catskills" - all trades are instead blind.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They used city names on an item! :heart:

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
They used city names on an item! :heart:
And just checking the first elf results, I think the Atlantic tree exploded...

I've not seen any rare colors yet, but they did put our names on things! :)

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
And just checking the first elf results, I think the Atlantic tree exploded...

I've not seen any rare colors yet, but they did put our names on things! :)

So when you get a reward box it has your character's name on it?!

BrianFreud

Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They placed some thought for the rewards and gave us a reason this time to collect something. Just received a player named sleigh delivering coal. Just need a player named one delivering presents now. Also a rare colored angel style box would be pretty nice.