• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions

• Thread starter Winder UO
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
W

Winder UO

In response to the massive faction interrest lately theres gonna be an attempt of reviving the faction scene on Europa. A few major guilds have allready commited themselves to this, anyone is welcomed to join in the fun. Guilds will sign up from now and onwards with a few guilds joining after pub 52 and the faction changes. Choose your side!

I

imported_Salivern_Diago

What faction changes after Pub 52? I havent seen any intended changes for the publish yet.. Has anyone else/can anyone link me please.

W

Winder UO

cba to find the link but basically:

7 day quit timer reduced to 3 days.
The 1 character limit removed. Can have as many chars on same account in SAME faction.
Bugged stairs disallowing ghosts to walk out of SL based fixed.

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmmmmm.....

I'm not sure about "massive faction interest" at the moment. A few people / guilds are saying that they'll join after the publish goes live, but there doesn't seem to be a great deal of commitment at the moment.

One of the major PvP forums has an extensive thread which contains quite a bit of speculation which I know to be incorrect.

I will still be one of those who xfers to Atlantic to die gloriously for the honour of Europa if the big event ever comes-off, but at the moment I don't see a reason to sign-up again on Europa: The mindset of many of our current PvPers doesn't seem compatible with Faction play. In a world where gate-hugging, house fighting, and stealth archer/tamer ganking is the norm, I doubt that the large-scale base raids and defences of the past are going to be popular; after all, what's the "reward" for doing that sort of stuff?

Prove me wrong, and I'll sign-up in a flash. (Sorry if that last sentence looks a bit aggressive - that's not my intention - I'd like to see it happen, but it will take more than a few small guilds signing, and a few others saying "maybe later" to enthuse me.)

@Nico....

If "HE" had a vendor, what would he sell... bloodwood and nails?

W

Winder UO

Allright. Theres guilds signed up in all factions as of this moment apart from CoM i think.. According to Ellis Dee, Wraiths are gonna sign up to CoM, but you never know. They seem to be too fond of the guardzone.

Current tally is now

Shadowlords
[DiE] Death-In-Excess [DiE]

True Britannians
FEW
.Com
'*`
TA_

Minax
The Nadirian Hordes, NDK (joining after pub52)
Vo!D/UCH alliance

Council of Mages
Wraths [W]

Theres also alot of randoms, including myself and some friends who are undecided, the Pact guild is also undecided as of now. However their GM has confirmed the participation.

G

I'm a random - Will bring a tamer.

@ Fluffers - Satsuma oranges.

I

imported_infiniti

I'm definatly starved of some decent pvp in UO, its been years, since pre-aos times that I was involved so i would love to see some decent wars.
The guild i'm in at present is a Tram guild, but there may be a few in it that would like to get involved, so i shall bring it up at the next meeting.

I definatly think its one of the most neglected things in UO, the pvp side, and i dont mean the gate fighting but the mass pvp that is so common in other games these days.

W

Winder UO

Ellis dee said so. But guess im wrong :p

Pact joined TB so guess thats the biggest faction as of now.

G

Aye on atl we might.

But i don't think W will join any faction atm. Don't see any idea in playing with a very broken system that don't fit todays PvP.
Also a huge amount of todays pvper simply don't have the mindset to make factions great again for now, as fluffy said.

But if we joined, i guess we would join CoM. We still got players who played in guilds like COM, C*C and 8C in W. (including myself hehe)

W

Winder UO

Seeing as all the major guilds on EU has commited to the faction thingy i find it odd that you guys dont join up. Guess you dont want any pvp without guardzone?

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that list of guid sign-ups is accurate, then I'll be happy to add a couple of randoms
(as soon as my gametime codes arrive
)

The Man Who

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Seeing as all the major guilds on EU has commited to the faction thingy i find it odd that you guys dont join up. Guess you dont want any pvp without guardzone?

[/ QUOTE ]

If things take off and there really is big raids/defenses im sure we will join.
Maybe better to have 3 factions active with there being so few players imo.

TB still got guardzone right?

W

Winder UO

yeah. Tb has guardzone still. However we're working on getting that removed atleast from the faction zone.

Our 5 man guild joined CoM.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been toying around with the idea of organising an EU PvP event, especially with the big Atl one being 'postponed'.

But, as a big factions fan, I think it might be nice to combine it with this new faction activity.

If anyone is willing to help me set it up, I'd be willing to offer some 'considerable' prizes, to make things a bit more spicy.
Anyone that wants to help set this up?

Also in general, if anyone needs assistance with any EU events, feel free to drop me a PM.

R

Raj-Europa

Weeee there are ppl joining factions.........
Okies if there is any stranglers wanting to join Minax gimmie a shout and I'll guild you into 555 core (barneys old factions guild) it will be good to see the name around more.

ps who is this void guild joining uch ?
pps anyhelp you need kaj gimmie a shout

I

imported_Splup

<blockquote><hr>

True Britannians
FEW
.Com
'*`
TA_

[/ QUOTE ]

Has Eldan said that we join TB? I know we'v been talking about joining faction, but atleast I havent heard that we wouldv done final decision yet. Im on our vent almost everyday so I quess I would have heard.

But yes, we will prolly join Factions (and prolly TB) if factions revive. Atleast I would love to see faction wars again.

Edit: Just talked with Eldan and Dean. FEW is still prolly going to join Factions if others guilds start joining factions. We are not sure yet which faction we will join, it depends on to which factions some other guilds join.

- Exodus - Meliah - Elmak Averon - Adele Wolfheart - Felisin Paran -

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, with todays stealth/tamer/bolascript/speeders, 20 mins stat is kinda crap tbh. Pvp is much "faster" then when they made the faction system in a itemless game. Also im sure some of the "greifing guilds" will backstab with reds alot!
I just don't see the fun in the faction system i loved some much pre AoS.
But lets see the changes, and i might join.

But make a event where people war eachothers guilds, and np i would make a guild and join, there you can fight me anywhere!