• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions - Why are they dead?

G

<font color="red">I think back to years gone past when the Order Knights of Lord British battled the Chaos hordes of Lord Blackthorn back and forth through Britain.</font>

Unfortunately it was before Oceania opened up and the lag of playing USA shards made such a venture for me out of the question.

We have many players and many PvP designated guilds devoted to battling one another...and yet faction fighting is a thing of the past.

<font color="blue">My question is why?</font>

I am no expert at PvP like many of you ,but as I see it there are a few points for and against the faction system:

<u><font color="red">For</u></font>
* Allows a more structured way to PvP
* Encourages more players to give PvP a try
* Has the benefits of Faction steeds, armour and other faction specific items.
* Doesn’t stop a guild being totally PvP - but adds a few guidelines
* Adds fun with players able to hire town guards and place town vendors

<u><font color="red">Against</u></font>
* When you die you take a stat hit for a quarter of an hour or so
* Some creatures cannot be killed if they are your faction creature
* Only same layers of the same faction can heal you or rez you

Surely the "goods" outweigh the "bads"?

If you die then you deserve to wait 15 minutes to get back into the fighting!
After all, PvP characters are designed to dish out damage as well as take it...having a greater punishment for dying should encourage better playing.

The healing can be a pain, but if you are hunting with your guild then hopefully your guild mates will be there to cross heal and rez you if things get bad.

Although I have most of my characters in PoC for the enjoyment I get from the close knit community aspect it offers...I also crave the PvP side like many other players.

As such, with a couple of other players, we started up a Minax Faction guild that is roleplaying and yet happy to PvP. We have taken control of all the cities throughout Felucca and have had a couple of minor scuffles with True Brit members as well as Shadowlords, but otherwise factions seems to be a thing of the past.

My question to you all is...
<font color="red">"Can Factions be raised from the ashes...or is it doomed to be spoken about in UO Legends?"</font>

L

Lord ToXeN

<blockquote><hr>

As such, with a couple of other players, we started up a Minax Faction guild that is roleplaying and yet happy to PvP. We have taken control of all the cities throughout Felucca and have had a couple of minor scuffles with True Brit members as well as Shadowlords, but otherwise factions seems to be a thing of the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

We shal soon see about that!

*edit* Yes my sig is still correct :p

G

I have a thief I will join up with you lion if that helps at all.

G

Hey ToXeN could you please change the padding here in Lord British's throne?
Sitting here ruling Britain is hard work *yawns*

Britains True Ruler

Oh, isn't your Faction called True Britanians? I thought they were based in Britain...never mind though!

I

imported_KvHokuto

They're dead because they were never updated to post-AOS game mechanics.
It's practically impossible to stop a really determined player from taking the sigils and the TB base is 50x easier to defend than any of the others.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hey ToXeN could you please change the padding here in Lord British's throne?
Sitting here ruling Britain is hard work *yawns*

Britains True Ruler

Oh, isn't your Faction called True Britanians? I thought they were based in Britain...never mind though!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well done minax perhaps Britan can be changed to Mintania after its new leader.