• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Factions on GL

• Thread starter Fluffy of GL
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
F

Fluffy of GL

Hello everyone,

I'm Fluffy on gl factions, also I have a thief Fingers. I noticed Cardell gave my thief Fingers a shout out on another thread, tyvm! :)

I usually try to stay away from the factions boards on stratics because mostly it's a bunch of trash talking, etc. But I was browsing through the past couple days just catching up on the news, and a few things came to mind that I would like to take the opportunity to mention here. Some may agree, some may disagree, but I'll share with you my opinion and you can take it as you will.

First, I am somewhat new to factions. I've been playing since approx. last september and diving into factions was my first dive into pvp and I loved it. My first night guarding, I played with a darkwood suit (since I'd only done pvm before) and a borrowed weapon, died about 20 times, and had a great time. Since becoming a little more experienced (but still a poor mage, though I'm working on it) I've gotten to know a lot of people in all the factions and I've made some great friends on all sides.

One thing that really bothers me is all the trash talking on these boards...not fun trash talking, but talking that's meant to be offensive and does not separate the person from their game play/character. In my opinion, there should be no room for that on these boards, insulting people personally because you are not happy with the way you fight each other. I wish I could scroll through all these threads and find a single post that says "You beat me, good fight." All I read about is "you ran scripts," "You're running a gimp template," "You don't pvp correctly, you need 10 people to kill me," and the list goes on and on. For one thing, one can only speculate what someone runs or does not run, and to always be crying out that someone cheats devalues a legitimate win. As for templates, I believe that a person can fight on whatever template he/she enjoys, even if they might not be very good on it.

As for complaining about numbers, well, all I can say is that if you die there is no one responsible except for yourself. If you go into a fight knowing that the other team will use specific tactics, you shouldn't be crying that they suck. You should be coming up with a way to outsmart them, to use their strength against them. You find a way to succeed.

When I die, I know it was something that I did wrong and I try to improve for next time. I have a ball fighting everyone, even though I'm most certainly not the best pvper out there. I try though, and I have a lot of fun at it. I do get peeved when I die of course, especially when I do something stupid and I know better. But one thing is for certain, I play factions for fun, for the people, and to make my characters better in the game and to try to win.

To all my friends in TB- I still consider you all friends even though I've left for com, and I will always fight fairly with you and I hope you'll do the same.

Anthius- Man, I am still trying to figure out your amazing template, and even though you kick my ass repeatedly, it's always a pleasure to fight you because it encourages me to do better.

The rest of SL - Good fights, good raids, etc. It's a pleasure fighting you all.

Tinkz, Arabella, Michel, Danny, I love you guys. You made being a thief probably one of the most fun things I've done in game so far :)

Sincerely,
Fluffy

Edited to add that I heart jingles as well, and your new skills on that archer are going to be extra challenging for me when I come to steal those sigils! :)

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice post Fluffy! This is a game and that is what you are suppose to do with a Game is to have fun! I have always enjoy battling wits against all of TB. Sometimes I die and other times I don't. I dont play the game to be uber or trash some other person, I play for myself and the enjoyment of being around the great ppl I have meet in this game, whether they be for or against me :). And I tickled that I have helped you enjoy the game! Tinkz is the best though, great lady with a big heart!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To all my friends in TB- I still consider you all friends even though I've left for com, and I will always fight fairly with you and I hope you'll do the same.
:sad2:

You left TB?? Now I have to kill one of the nicest people on great lakes??

BOOOOO!

:sad2:

F

Fluffy of GL

Thanks for the comments, hehe

Yes Arabella, you've made the game more fun for me and actually all of us. Who else brings pizza and cookies when they steal sigils!?

Granny (tinkz) is the best, one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met on here, and I'm sure that even though we're going to be in separate factions that we'll still be able to enjoy our talks about 'hardware' :) Hope she gets to read this to know what I'm talkin about, lol

Lynk, I hope I won't be too easy to kill ;) I'll try my best!

D

Decker

first off lynx is from Wisconsin GO chesse heads cause thats where decker is from, and fluffy i agree with you so ima start by saying i play to have fun and steel siggys and kill me some thiefs, ill give shout outs to the thief squad of GF Grace and her family of steathly thiefs even though i do get ya you all bounce back and give me a challange that makes me want to play in factions. otherwise its like ohh no here come the slew of mages syncing up on us again how boring but those thiefs of GF do a great job, i dont think sl would hold those sigs with out them.
Speaking of thiefs i have to give props to Hawksley aka fuel you sir are talented at the thief thing as well i do enjoy it when you pop up on tracking, makes me want to play a thief again and not a thief hunter.
Now let see honestly its all about the fun and hears a fun note for all you nerds out there
Grace O malley was a 16th century irish pirate, i am going to find the origins of some of these kool names we have in factions and give everyone history or background of a name hey help a decker out let find anthius Disus's name i know its out there

love decker

F

Fluffy of GL

Haha, decker, we posted at the same time :) Interesting about grace o malley....mine is just boring fluffy, but I'm proud to say it's unique and no one else has it on GL! (plus it's just cute, so maybe it will work to my advantage and make people feel bad for attacking me, hehehe I might even start running around in squirrel form!)

I am QUITE peeved though, to find that there are starting to be a few Fingers characters...

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awwww Fluffy you are so right ... and sadly, I have found myself spouting garbage a time or two and have since "gotten over it" .. *nods for emphasis*... I do keep talking about it taking 5 or 6 to kill Tinkz ... just cuz it is so blooming amazing to me that she survives as often as she does :).

I will really miss the all night defenses and our discussion on "hardware"... *looks around*.... what, why are you all laughing? I am a computer tech after all... oh ok, not that kind of ...... nm...

Nonel (Danny to me) and all his knowledge on factions is the reason I came to GL ... Arabella (Gracie) and her family along with you and current TB are the reason I stayed while Nonel was taking a break. Now that he is back, add in Michel, shake well and you get snowball fights in the middle of defenses... or, decorated bases flying the MPR colors ... it is suppose to be fun and frustrating as SL and their base can be, I wouldn't change a thing. When I pull off a steal, I have earned it!

Can't wait to steal from CoM base again... on LS that was my only rival (I was the lone "other" faction person) and I raided that base often so I am ready for a home coming :)... We have already discussed fighting you guys, which really isn't an issue since Tinkz can't fight her way out of a wet paper bag... ROFL... but she will steal from you and run like a crazy person. So be prepared!

Thanks for making such a well thought out post Fluffy! You said a lot of things that Gracie and family, Nonel, myself and many others would love to have said if we could have composed it half as well as you did.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dream Weaver is from the song by Gary Wright, she started out as bard. Rezn Fenix, is after the bird that rises from the ashes. Arabella is from the book with Capt Blood it in, the name of the ship. Casie is from Dragon Tales, my granddaughters named her. Ariel is from The Little Mermaid, my favorite Disney movie. Jasmine I cant remember why I named her that.

I have enjoyed this game more in the last few months because of Factions, many of my friend have left the game and moved on. So the people I fight with or against keep me going.

Black, I am always thinking trying to figure out ways to get around you and your crew.

Fluffy your a doll just like tinkz and I enjoy going against you always :)

H

HaTeSpHeRe

Hatesphere is back on the boards. I want to start by saying to all of my former TB people, I am coming for ya. As I get CoM ready for a good three way war it will be very interesting to see who holds cities. Ego is tough, their mages are some of the best in factions, and mages win fights. TB is tough cause of their numbers. I want to say happy hunting to all as GL Factions begins to heat up.

I must say Granny you and Danny and Michel are my biggest fear. Fighting has always been what i loved, but protecting against all the highly skilled thieves on GL will be tough.

Now if we could just get SO? to come back full time we might have some real fun. However I do say, that i have been mucho fantastico fun fighting TB. Being on the other side of Deckers rez kills(which by the way is rediculous), being ganked by 5 TB and making it half way across Brit. Having Anthius take all my points. But what i truely love is fighting Opey. That kid is relentless. We beat each other on a pretty fair basis, but man that kid keeps comming back for more. I like that.

Lore my old friend, you have shown me what the True Britanianns stand for. Honorable fights, no looting, that is the type of respect more factioners need. Keep up the good work and i look forward to many more good fights with you.

As I end this post, I would like to finish by saying Good Luck to everyone in the coming time. It will be hectic, chaotic, and out right bloody. Animosity will rage, people will die, hours of work lost, but remember most of all, we are all friends, we share the common interest of factions, and for the we need to respect each other or factions will die.

Sincerely, Hatesphere:danceb:

D

Decker

yep when outcast broke apart and i choose which side to fall on all i heard about from smoke, caine and bo hunter was decker you really do suck with the dismounts and the rz kills, and all i said was you did not mind it when i was on your side, hehe but in all truth i think i have played on the sides of alot of the current factions of gl even half of the peeps in ego are former outcasts, one day anthius i may even dismount for you hehe hell some of ktfo and kdl whom hated chasing me through the streets of brit loved it when i was on thier side dismounting for them.
I wish hatesphere luck with getting com up and running i hear BC is coming back into factions so that may spark SO in to getting back in a four way fight would be awsome,

love decker

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep when outcast broke apart and i choose which side to fall on all i heard about from smoke, caine and bo hunter was decker you really do suck with the dismounts and the rz kills, and all i said was you did not mind it when i was on your side, hehe but in all truth i think i have played on the sides of alot of the current factions of gl even half of the peeps in ego are former outcasts, one day anthius i may even dismount for you hehe hell some of ktfo and kdl whom hated chasing me through the streets of brit loved it when i was on thier side dismounting for them.
I wish hatesphere luck with getting com up and running i hear BC is coming back into factions so that may spark SO in to getting back in a four way fight would be awsome,

love decker
We weren't in outcast. SC was allied to them.

And I seriously doubt BC will come back.

D

Decker

hers a brief list of ego members that were in out cast
deaths angel
vas ort flam
altec
eros

well vas sold altec the account so i think its one person now ill et ya know who else was in outcast when i see them but there a short list

love decker

B

Barbosa

Hey cardel? didn't you get booted from the mechanics of this program? I think so. Got anymore pics.... prick?

B

Barbosa

Did he go on a summer school vacation trip? Or did his parents till him to lay off UO for a bit? rumors I tell ya, thats all they are I guess...

B

Barbosa

Did he go on a summer school vacation trip? Or did his parents till him to lay off UO for a bit? rumors I tell ya, thats all they are I guess...

Sorry sir, but your parents are wierd. Only on weekends wow.. Should'nt of got caught smoking that blunt lol

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sorry sir, but your parents are wierd. Only on weekends wow.. Should'nt of got caught smoking that blunt lol

A

Altec

actually i was enjoying this thread until some has to make a ass of themself and start talking **** again. whats the problem with Anthius. He plays the game just like everyone else give the guy a break. He is good he has set ups with his template and equipment that other people never even think about until they play by his side.

Let me put it to you this way. If i wanted to learn how to be a stealth archer and get the rez kills or the finall shot I would of asked decker. If i want to make a mean ass mage I would ask Anthuis. Its that simple.

And the thief i would like to give props to is that pain in the ass danny aka nonel me and him have been friends for a long time now and u know what he never waffles about anyone using bs programs or anything. He is the only person in tb that can make 5 of us chase him for 10 minutes till we finally drop him.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Laugh all you want Lynk, but Anthius knows this game and can answer any questons I have, so shush!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Laugh all you want Lynk, but Anthius knows this game and can answer any questons I have, so shush!
I was laughing at the part where "he plays the game like the rest of us".

I can't go into detail of why thats funny, as it is against the ROC to accuse people of using any specific ITTP.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was laughing at the part where "he plays the game like the rest of us".

I can't go into detail of why thats funny, as it is against the ROC to accuse people of using any specific ITTP.
pffft

watchertoo

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I see a few non-male faction players on the boards these days .... I would really love to continue the "women in faction" series ... come on ladies, send me a PM and let me interview you ... PLEASE?!?!?!

OH OK! I will consider interviewing male faction players too :p... Seriously, I would love to continue the faction interview series!

B

Barbosa

actually i was enjoying this thread until some has to make a ass of themself and start talking **** again. whats the problem with Anthius. He plays the game just like everyone else give the guy a break.
Yea, dang those rejects that shouldn't post anything period. We should hunt him down and shoot him in the back. Or better yet stab him in the back. Or even better yet, flirt with there girlfriend behind there back. Now that would be awesome.

So hows Tylee doing? ;)

F

fusion SL

yea fluffy this is a good post u are the kinda player who has concerns but does not cause problems i like that in people in uo its makes it fun, see u in the battle field
Hello everyone,

I'm Fluffy on gl factions, also I have a thief Fingers. I noticed Cardell gave my thief Fingers a shout out on another thread, tyvm! :)

I usually try to stay away from the factions boards on stratics because mostly it's a bunch of trash talking, etc. But I was browsing through the past couple days just catching up on the news, and a few things came to mind that I would like to take the opportunity to mention here. Some may agree, some may disagree, but I'll share with you my opinion and you can take it as you will.

First, I am somewhat new to factions. I've been playing since approx. last september and diving into factions was my first dive into pvp and I loved it. My first night guarding, I played with a darkwood suit (since I'd only done pvm before) and a borrowed weapon, died about 20 times, and had a great time. Since becoming a little more experienced (but still a poor mage, though I'm working on it) I've gotten to know a lot of people in all the factions and I've made some great friends on all sides.

One thing that really bothers me is all the trash talking on these boards...not fun trash talking, but talking that's meant to be offensive and does not separate the person from their game play/character. In my opinion, there should be no room for that on these boards, insulting people personally because you are not happy with the way you fight each other. I wish I could scroll through all these threads and find a single post that says "You beat me, good fight." All I read about is "you ran scripts," "You're running a gimp template," "You don't pvp correctly, you need 10 people to kill me," and the list goes on and on. For one thing, one can only speculate what someone runs or does not run, and to always be crying out that someone cheats devalues a legitimate win. As for templates, I believe that a person can fight on whatever template he/she enjoys, even if they might not be very good on it.

As for complaining about numbers, well, all I can say is that if you die there is no one responsible except for yourself. If you go into a fight knowing that the other team will use specific tactics, you shouldn't be crying that they suck. You should be coming up with a way to outsmart them, to use their strength against them. You find a way to succeed.

When I die, I know it was something that I did wrong and I try to improve for next time. I have a ball fighting everyone, even though I'm most certainly not the best pvper out there. I try though, and I have a lot of fun at it. I do get peeved when I die of course, especially when I do something stupid and I know better. But one thing is for certain, I play factions for fun, for the people, and to make my characters better in the game and to try to win.

Anthius- Man, I am still trying to figure out your amazing template, and even though you kick my ass repeatedly, it's always a pleasure to fight you because it encourages me to do better.

The rest of SL - Good fights, good raids, etc. It's a pleasure fighting you all.

Tinkz, Arabella, Michel, Danny, I love you guys. You made being a thief probably one of the most fun things I've done in game so far :)

Sincerely,
Fluffy

Edited to add that I heart jingles as well, and your new skills on that archer are going to be extra challenging for me when I come to steal those sigils! :)

F

Fluffy of GL

Thank you fusion, and thank you to everyone who replied without trolling. I haven't been on the boards in a few days and hadn't read the recent replies until now, and I must say that I'm very sad to find that this has become yet another thread about accusing people of cheating and more even after I said my piece. The least some of you could do is to not turn my peaceful and complimentary thread about some people in factions, and my concerns about other things that go on into a hate fest.

On another note, please take the time to read my factions woman interview with Tinkz (the sweetest lady in the world) if you're interested :)

http://uo.stratics.com/news/CommunityNews.shtml#newsitem1216608412,30668,

F

Fluffy of GL

Let me put it to you this way. If i wanted to learn how to be a stealth archer and get the rez kills or the finall shot I would of asked decker. If i want to make a mean ass mage I would ask Anthuis. Its that simple.
So Anthius, how does one make a mean ass mage? ;)

A

Altec

Yea, dang those rejects that shouldn't post anything period. We should hunt him down and shoot him in the back. Or better yet stab him in the back. Or even better yet, flirt with there girlfriend behind there back. Now that would be awesome.

So hows Tylee doing? ;)
Getting killed by my old lady is not considered flirting with her.

Oh by the way hows Joe doing??

F

Fluffy of GL

He can share with two sweet ladies tinkz ;) hehe I'll give him pizza and ale if he shares some tips!

F

Fluffy of GL

Well I can assure you that any trap hiding is not originating from tinkz or me, we don't play that way. k thnx :)

I think my original post would clue you in a bit on my play style.

W

wee papa smurf

I'm not sharing **** until people stop hiding traps. That pretty lame.
I dont know what happened to the traps but when i was on and was sneakin in on my theif i detected the traps to see where they where and they showed then next minute *poof* no more traps, i dont know if traps decay but i can assure none of us who where on last night (in our guild or vent) have remove trap and they all dissapeared at the exact same time. I personally think theres a bug cos it happened before when u thought "christina" did it, and shes swore blind she never touched any traps.

G

Googly

I have ever seen bugged traps where it said they were there right after they decayed.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont know what happened to the traps but when i was on and was sneakin in on my theif i detected the traps to see where they where and they showed then next minute *poof* no more traps, i dont know if traps decay but i can assure none of us who where on last night (in our guild or vent) have remove trap and they all dissapeared at the exact same time. I personally think theres a bug cos it happened before when u thought "christina" did it, and shes swore blind she never touched any traps.
I think it was com. It's not a bug. Merlin cried after he got killed and pretty much admitted to it. I'm not too worried about it.

D

Decker

depending on where you put them traps are bugged when we put them on our draw bridge they fall through the next day untill the next server up lucky for us though gracie and kethil remove them before hand, which in a way helps us out tremendously, i am not sure where the bug traps parts are for the sl base but i can tell ya where they all are for the tb base and its been that way for some 6 years now and its probally not going to change, its been reported numerous times.
we are not going to place other factions traps just our own.

decker

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It wasn't a problem until just this last week, but I do believe you all when you said you didnt place them. It does seem to be a problem as soon as they are about to decay. I just it is back to report a bug page again ugh!

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This sort of stuff happens a lot on the smaller shards. You think the enemy placed your traps for you and you waste hours looking everywhere you can think of with your detectors and just can't find them. Either some people know of some really super-secret places for hiding them or the stones aren't updating the traps information the way they should after traps are removed or expire.

I think most people that post here have been in factions long enough to accept that people infiltrate enemy factions with their tinkers and place their traps when they can get away with it. That's just part of factions. What's not cool, in my opinion, is using an exploit to hide them or placing them where most people have no way to get to them (e.g., inside walls where it is no longer possible to get to that location and only a select few older players still have runes that work). In other words, if you're going to do something stinky like this, at least be obnoxious but fair. Go pick some remote corner of a field outside Yew or Britain or one of the islands in Vesper. But make sure it's a spot folks can get to, even if they have to use a boat.

H

HaTeSpHeRe

First of Anthius i never admitted to CoM stealing your traps, In fact we didnt even have a trap maker in factions at the time. But i believe if you look back on the years of factions, people have always done that. I mean dude you got something like 100 points between your chars right? I dont think a poison trap or two is going to drastically change that. We all know you are the craziest mage( gives small golf clap), we know you know the game and mechanics real well, we understand your a great guy from people who know you. Stop trying to be a huge d-bag all the time. I mean yea i pancake when i fight you, cause honestly i dont see how you cast faster than me, you get so many spells off before i get a mini heal. Now go ahead with your " thats cause you suck". Well yes i do compared to you, however i believe aside from that I am pretty good. But please in no way accuse me or my factioners for stealing traps, we left TB in the first place cause we didnt aproove of stuff like that, Why would we do that? Now i believe that if you ask some true factioners, I have always tried to fight fair, no fielding out of bases, no traps stolen, but man your attitude just makes people wanna do it. Chill out and play for fun, i mean its not like you are truely prooving anything

Sincerely, Hatesphere (aka Merlin) :danceb::thumbsup::danceb:

A

Altec

But please in no way accuse me or my factioners for stealing traps, we left TB in the first place cause we didnt aproove of stuff like that, :danceb::thumbsup::danceb:
Well then your saying tb does stuff like that and now your back in tb. So who are you defending??

are you defending Joe??

H

HaTeSpHeRe

Lol Gotta love altec and his wisdom. Well actually I have lots of friends here in TB. I came back with the understanding from other leaders that we were going to curb that style of play. I also like the challenge of thiefs inside Brit base. But you know Altec, its funny when we were in Outcast, you simply loved the pure aspect of the game, but since playing with SL, and Anthius, its like you seek out crap to bring up like him, you pancake about traps like him, I mean come on man, dont shadow yourself after him, your nose is so far up his ass he must be loving it.

A

Altec

oh its alright for u to stand up for your faction friends but i can't do the same. Ya you have always been a hypocrite always crying about something. And thats why Saleena and I no longer fight by your side. Your just pissed off that when we left it was for good. We were tired of the pissing and moaning always looking for a reason to kick someone out of the guild and you wonder why you ended up with the F-Troop you have now.

You leaving tb is proof you guys have never changed and never will. I have always stood beside the people who stood beside me and they just happen to be in sl.

Oh and just so you know points do matter. Control of town can change in 10 hours and no one else sees who has them. Points are posted for all to see. And as much as you guys get beat you might want to think before you challenge another faction from a diffrent shard. I would hate for you to have to cry about them all being hackers too.

tb meeting started like this :grouphug:

but when 5 of us rolled in on your meeting it ended a little something like this:
:gun::flame::stretcher:

its ok next time at least kill one of us