• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction war horse changes

• Thread starter wee papa smurf
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they changed it so war horses can no longer bond it would make things better in my opinion. Then players won't be able to get one horse and be done with it. If you lose the towns then your horse supply is gone. It gives an incentive to go after towns.

In any event, war horses should only be available in towns you own.
What the hell would be the point in even having a war horse then? For the pretty colors??!?!?!?!

I'll just ride my bonded swampy or llama then... and have an advantage over someone riding a non-bonded warhorse.

It's not like there's even a such thing as mount stamina anymore...

no thanks.

K

Kylas

How the hell can someone NOT hold for 8 hours? Seriously. Rewards are for winning not whining.

Second place is just the first loser.

Dig

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Link are you dumb? Even if it corrupts you keep it on your faction pedestal till the time that YOU want it to be up for grabs. I know it's hard to use your head and understand what I am saying. YOU have to put in the extra effort to do that so that fights ONLY take place in prime time since you think 10 hours isn't enough and it can easily be slipped passed an entire shard.

Also as you can see no one likes your ideas about horses not being bonded since that's about the only thing factions are good for, just give it up.

Also why would you wait and see what happens when I posted it for you.
Is it because like always I'm speaking the truth and you need to rely on that edge you get from the alliance? : (

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if it corrupts you keep it on your faction pedestal till the time that YOU want it to be up for grabs. I know it's hard to use your head and understand what I am saying. YOU have to put in the extra effort to do that so that fights ONLY take place in prime time since you think 10 hours isn't enough and it can easily be slipped passed an entire shard.
I thought for a moment that this wouldn't be brought up, so I left it out of my initial response. It is after all so easy to see that if you chance leaving sigils out then the other side can corrupt them.

If the sigil is corrupted at 12PM and you decide to wait until the afternoon of the next day, that means someone can take it during that time and place it. Or your enemies can take the sigils themselves and place them on the town stones and waste all your effort. You would have to guard the sigils during the entire time they remain corrupted. Or if you could try to get lucky by paging a Gamemaster claiming the sigils were bugged. They might make them stealable and screw over your faction from a strategic victory. Which is exactly the strategy we employed that you are now trying to promote here.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're the one talking about bugged sigils like an idiot lol.

If you want them up for grabs at a certain time then YOU can guard them even after they're corrupted, I don't know whats so hard to grasp moron.
If anyone else steals them, it would take them 10 hours to uncorrupt them, then another 10 hours to corrupt them for the enemy faction. You need to learn factions before you complain about stuff.

Lastly please, please please, do not encourage people to try to page gms about sigils being bugged or whatever you made up, we don't need people trying to cheat or use unorthidox tactics, thanks.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We do not call people idiots here.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone else steals them, it would take them 10 hours to uncorrupt them, then another 10 hours to corrupt them for the enemy faction. You need to learn factions before you complain about stuff.
I believe that if your faction corrupted the sigils and left them in your stronghold instead of moving them back to town, an enemy faction that steals them only has to corrupt them for the normal length of time before putting them into town themselves and thus take over control of the towns. I'm pretty sure there's no requirement to "uncorrupt" sigils that were corrupted by someone else but not put back in town. I believe the purification process can only take place when a sigil is on its pedestal in its town.

http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=216

I

InspectorGadget

If the sigil is corrupted at 12PM and you decide to wait until the afternoon of the next day, that means someone can take it during that time and place it. Or your enemies can take the sigils themselves and place them on the town stones and waste all your effort.
So, if i waited in the enemies base(say TB) for the sigs to corrupt. I could steal them and place on the town post and they would corrupt for SL??

You would have to guard the sigils during the entire time they remain corrupted.
Welcome to factions!

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that if your faction corrupted the sigils and left them in your stronghold instead of moving them back to town, an enemy faction that steals them only has to corrupt them for the normal length of time before putting them into town themselves and thus take over control of the towns. I'm pretty sure there's no requirement to "uncorrupt" sigils that were corrupted by someone else but not put back in town. I believe the purification process can only take place when a sigil is on its pedestal in its town.

http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=216
Anthius told me that's how it was, if this faction "guru" is wrong you can take it up with him. Reguardless you would have 10 hours of it being on the enemy factions monilith where you can just walk up take it off and capture the town, thus making it go up for grabs WHEN YOU WANT.

So all of Links crying is for nothing, if he wants them up for grabs at a certain time it's all on him for taking the time to put in the extra effort.

Thank god the devs aren't listening to his changes though, 18 hour guard times and horses that don't bond, they look pretty! yay!!

This is what happens when you let bad players try to make suggestions. : (

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guarding sigils was cool like 40 years ago when you could find a fight at any faction base at any time.
Evidently your not on Great Lakes, with or without the sigils being guarded there is always a fight in Brit.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank god the devs aren't listening to his changes though, 18 hour guard times and horses that don't bond, they look pretty! yay!!

This is what happens when you let bad players try to make suggestions. : (
I hope you realize that a fair amount of JC's comments seem to be made solely for the purpose of getting a strong reaction from people....

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aside from SL who never leaves yew because they need a house to run into, GL has had a lot of action recently.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're the one talking about bugged sigils like an idiot lol.

Lastly please, please please, do not encourage people to try to page gms about sigils being bugged or whatever you made up, we don't need people trying to cheat or use unorthidox tactics, thanks.
I was just relating a real experience our faction went through one time when we used this tactic. We guarded for 24 hours and corrupted the sigils, but waited a day to place them. When we decided to place them we stole them out of COM base and I logged. The next day I login to messages saying that COM is about the corrupt all the sigils. I'm like WTF.

Apparently someone convinced a Gamemaster that we somehow exploited or bugged the sigils. So the Gamemaster let them go live. Of course most of us thought that they were not going to be for days so no one was checking in on what was happening.

I am pretty sure it would only be 10 hours for another faction to switch the corruption. Has anyone ever tested this? That doesn't sound right that you would have to spend 2 corruption periods.

Tina Small said:
I hope you realize that a fair amount of JC's comments seem to be made solely for the purpose of getting a strong reaction from people....
I don't post like that on purpose, it just seems to happen naturally. You will notice he keeps calling me Link repeatedly, which is my common in-game name. Obviously I have either killed or destroyed this guy some way in the past and he wants to take it to the forum here where he thinks he has a chance.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't post like that on purpose, it just seems to happen naturally.
You know what? I'm kinda glad you do, JC. For a long time, this forum was pretty dead. It's been interesting to watch it transform into a much livelier place in the last year or so and to see more people posting, including the those who have enjoyed factions from its very beginnings, those who have recently rediscovered it, and those just experiencing it for the first time.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think we can lock this thread.

We've decided that sigils don't need longer than 10 hours, and that war horses should be bonded.

Also that everyone in a faction/non faction alliance should break it.

Glad we got to the bottom of that.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since I already own you in game and showed you how your logic was flawed in this thread there's not much more to say.

So when the alliance breaks will all of hot go factions, or will they all quit because of the few random blues who won't stand a chance just curious?

BTW I think that you're funny as well, sigs being 18 hours and it's easy to do with a 4 man guild. I LOL'd pretty hard.