• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction war horse changes

• Thread starter wee papa smurf
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
W

wee papa smurf

Just read this on Five on friday:

some random moaner: When will a more reasonable method of obtaining war horses be available? certain factions stand no chance at holding a town sigil for 8 hours let alone benig able to place the horse breeders.

Draconi: "This is an excellent point, I think we’ll investigate just making it a part of the Faction base interactions"

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a bad idea!
Looks to me like all them people that joined factions only for the arties have been complaining because they cant get a War Horse because they actually dont want to do any participating in faction stuff.

Bad idea :talktothehand:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm kind of torn on this.

One hand says they shouldn't be handed out, but on the other hand, you can jsut steal the sigs at midnight and not have to do any work.

Either way it doesn't matter to me how they do it.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with the OP. You get everything else for free, it's about the only thing worth fighting for. A change like that kind of defeats the whole purpose. Personally it's the only thing I care about when dealing with the sigs, guards are okay at best, but since there are no gz anymore outside help can destroy them with ease. I'm not saying guards aren't nice, but not as powerful as they once use to be. Also with vendors being able to run through it's not like you can be annoying with them, so changing horses would probably make me fight rarely at bases.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they changed it so war horses can no longer bond it would make things better in my opinion. Then players won't be able to get one horse and be done with it. If you lose the towns then your horse supply is gone. It gives an incentive to go after towns.

In any event, war horses should only be available in towns you own.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't want uo to be a job, guarding and getting towns can be annoying enough as it is. Having the horse not being bonded is a bad idea. Link most of your ideas are pretty bad so lets take it easy. I'll agree that war horses shouldn't be given to you for doing nothing, however not everyone wants to guard constantly over and over for a horse that can't bond. If they can't bond they wouldn't even be worth getting, just dismount whoever is riding them, kill it, and make them waste 10 hours of their life. See how that's a bad change?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you say Link I, for a second, get offended. Let's call him JC on the boards.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See how that's a bad change?
First of all, guarding used to take 24 hours. That was a challenge. Ten hours or the current 4 hours is absolutely nothing.

Also, factions was introduced before bonding. So every time you died, so did your horse. No one had a problem with it then. If you want to risk running around with your special horse then you should risk losing it. It was supposed to be a status symbol along with faction crafted equipment.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is 10 hours nothing? I guess if you don't have any social responsibilities that you could spend 10 hours at a time to attempt to get a city that's no big deal. As I said before no one wants uo to be a job, it's suppose to be fun not something where you're on the clock.

Again whats the point of a horse not being bonded so someone could say "Oh look my different color hue'd horse!" You sound like an idiot, if that was the case there would be NO point to guarding. I'd look for some moron like your self who spent 10 hours to get it, dismount you, kill it, and say "lol". Mean while you're just left looking at your different colored horses corpse.

Lastly please don't talk like you're a huge faction advocate, I know the histroy of uo, I also know you were never a big part of factions. Stick to your castle pvp or holding the island. Lets not forget pre aos in factions you could have faction blessed runic weps.

The game has changed so you don't have to say what it use to be like, we all remember when you could summon 25 deamons if you felt like it. Pets can bond currnetly and that's not being changed. So that's great that pets didn't bond years ago, however that has no bearing with todays UO.

W

wee papa smurf

How is 10 hours nothing? I guess if you don't have any social responsibilities that you could spend 10 hours at a time to attempt to get a city that's no big deal. As I said before no one wants uo to be a job, it's suppose to be fun not something where you're on the clock.

Again whats the point of a horse not being bonded so someone could say "Oh look my different color hue'd horse!" You sound like an idiot, if that was the case there would be NO point to guarding. I'd look for some moron like your self who spent 10 hours to get it, dismount you, kill it, and say "lol". Mean while you're just left looking at your different colored horses corpse.

Lastly please don't talk like you're a huge faction advocate, I know the histroy of uo, I also know you were never a big part of factions. Stick to your castle pvp or holding the island. Lets not forget pre aos in factions you could have faction blessed runic weps.

The game has changed so you don't have to say what it use to be like, we all remember when you could summon 25 deamons if you felt like it. Pets can bond currnetly and that's not being changed. So that's great that pets didn't bond years ago, however that has no bearing with todays UO.
Ahhh, nostalgia :love:

lol

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there is a **** load of other things they can be fixing and/or adding to factions instead of wasting time on stupid stuff like this..cmon

R

RichDC

Agreed, i dont really care either way to be honest. Its just there is so much more that needs to be taken care of first!

Horses...i mean seriously, is that the reason people dont play factions???

As the OP said...its just people who want the items for no investment or involvment in factions.

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they changed it so war horses can no longer bond it would make things better in my opinion. Then players won't be able to get one horse and be done with it. If you lose the towns then your horse supply is gone. It gives an incentive to go after towns.

In any event, war horses should only be available in towns you own.
says the man who has over 200+ members in his faction guild and always runs 25+ deep.. and theres no guild with those kind of numbers on atl :(

http://town.uo.com/factions/factions_0.html

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed, i dont really care either way to be honest. Its just there is so much more that needs to be taken care of first!

As the OP said...its just people who want the items for no investment or involvment in factions.
and thats the prob with uo.. they listen to the trammies because trammies are the life of uo..HAHAHAH NOT.. listening to them is why uo is a failure..:danceb:

W

wee papa smurf

Exactly, thats why its a bad idea because all those shiny new people are getting everything handed to them on a gold plated platter (<< try sayin that fast) just for being in factions, its crazy.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*starts chant*

gold plated platter... gold plated platter.... gold platted plater.... oh shoot....

*starts over*

I have not played factions as long as many but even when I started two years ago, it wasn't about "what I can get out of it" meaning, items and arties, but the challenge of getting the sigs, holding towns and, well, frankly, for me surviving beyond the second sound hit. It saddens me to see Factions heading the direction of UO in general... instant gratification and "what is in it for me".

Sorry, guess that is the long way of saying... I think making it easy to get factions horses is bad idea.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is why you rely on your fellow factioneers to get the job done. You were never expected to spend all the time there yourself. You just need to have enough people there to defend. Ten hours is too short because it doesn't even come close to hitting all the time zones when enemy forces can have a chance to login. You can steal at 1AM and have them corrupted before noon.

MiNi MaGi said:
says the man who has over 200+ members in his faction guild and always runs 25+ deep.. and theres no guild with those kind of numbers on at
No other guild because the rest are terrible. Plus there is no real draw in attempting to defending the sigils. In the past year I've been into factions I haven't seen any real base defenses. VIP did a couple early on but even those could have been broken easily if we really wanted to take the towns. Plus I'm not aware of us trying to defend the sigils seriously even one time.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is why you rely on your fellow factioneers to get the job done. You were never expected to spend all the time there yourself. You just need to have enough people there to defend. Ten hours is too short because it doesn't even come close to hitting all the time zones when enemy forces can have a chance to login. You can steal at 1AM and have them corrupted before noon.
Says the guy with over 200+ members in factions. Here's a clue....it isn't that easy when you aren't in a zerg guild, and as others have stated, I actually have a RL I enjoy.;)

I don't know the answer, but another giveaway isn't exactly the answer, but hey, it's UO 2009.:wall:

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i agree with you.. i havnt seen one decent pvpr let alone a decent guild on atl.. idk how hot works but u guys are organized atleast, these other guilds ive played with are just straight up stupid.-- as in they dont run map and maybe are in vent but half dont have mics.. and dont listen to targets, they just run around attacking randoms.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Says the guy with over 200+ members in factions.
Most of those people have no clue how the sigils work. We only had two or three people who keep track of them and even then we really don't.

MiNi MaGi said:
i agree with you.. i havnt seen one decent pvpr let alone a decent guild on atl.. idk how hot works but u guys are organized atleast, these other guilds ive played with are just straight up stupid.
It is funny you call us organized because we aren't in the least. We just go out and do what we want to do. If factions suddenly had something that really mattered, a huge game changer such as owning the towns gives you property bonuses, then people would start to organize.

At the moment there is no reason to own towns at all or care who owns them. Join factions, get some points and wear your artifacts.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree with link for the first time ever. It doesn't make any sense to change the current war horse system as it is already painfully easy to get war horses.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The faction warhorse system was created and based on the activity and involvement of players YEARS ago. Those things have changed tremendously. There's no reason why people shouldn't be open minded to a change to accomidate players/factions with 4% the members/activity of others.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Link, you say that 10 hours is easy and you should rely on others? What about the players who join the smallest faction. On one shard our guild is the only 8 people in tb, and we it's all different time zones for us. So I should rely on them when maybe they have 4 people on while we're not? That's the dumbest thing. You never look at anything from anyone elses pov. I still don't want them to be easy to get, it's a complete challenge for me to get them everytime as I always join the smallest faction.

You always assume people are like you and take the path of the least resistance like joining the largest guild in uo. You ask for all kind of changes that help YOUR situation. For example you pushed for the pet ball to be changed because your guild would fail to kill people dismounted and they would get away. You pushed for all kinds of faction changes, and you didn't even participate. You got destroyed by VIP and quit out eventually, but you talked a big game, and had all kinds of reasons why didn't join at the time. "Oh it's becuase the event didn't start yet". No it was because you got owned and never controled the towns vs them.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All aboard the train to imagination station!

You always assume people are like you and take the path of the least resistance like joining the largest guild in uo.
I joined HOT when it was just getting going. Within a couple weeks of Champion Spawns being introduced to the game. So lets just put to rest that I joined after we had hundreds of members.

You ask for all kind of changes that help YOUR situation. For example you pushed for the pet ball to be changed because your guild would fail to kill people dismounted and they would get away.
I don't recall ever pushing for pet ball changes. I might have posted once or twice my opinion on them. So if you consider one post of mine to be pushing then this topic must be an all out assault.
You pushed for all kinds of faction changes, and you didn't even participate.
Yes I requested some changes to Factions because the whole system was dead. Go look at my recent audit topic, only two shards had any amount of activity. Now almost every shard has more participation than those shards a year ago. So you rather things have been left alone, nice and dead?
You got destroyed by VIP and quit out eventually, but you talked a big game, and had all kinds of reasons why didn't join at the time. "Oh it's becuase the event didn't start yet". No it was because you got owned and never controled the towns vs them.
How many times does this need to be gone over. The faction event mostly did not happen because our "main competition" refused to participate. If they had just said yes the event would have gone forward no problem. But I made all my deals based on their taking part.

Then some people decided to jump in anyway. VIP was one of those guilds. They resorted to using blues to kill faction guards and defend their base. I was told they even joined Council of Mages just so they could do this. They took advantage of the no guards in Magincia. When they were put into stat loss they would return on non-faction characters to continue fighting. I've posted videos of them doing this. Factions was implemented when murderers faced stat loss. That is no longer the case and causes a lot of issues around the entrance to faction bases.

One final thing I guess I'll mention is how VIP guarded the sigils. They started early in the day so by prime time, when HOT is online, the sigils corrupt. In fact we began a raid one night and during 3/4 of the sigils went corrupt. The 10 hour time is stupid because it allows people to take advantage of lulls in shard activity. We had the power to crush VIP and did so in a raid earlier that week. Somehow the timer needs to be extended so that everyone can participate.

W

wee papa smurf

Somehow the timer needs to be extended so that everyone can participate.
Actually thats not a bad idea, if there giving factions horses out at the faction base then the sigs arent really that important anymore, so if they put the timer back to 24 hours you might actually see a rise in people raiding/defending and if people dont have the time then theres always gona be someone else on at some point to "shift change" :D

Although that may not make any sense there is some logic :)

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Link none of your changes helped factions, when vip did factions there were no rewards for doing it they just kicked your ass everytime. Also your raid was a fail that you claimed you "crushed" them. As I recall they corrupted 5 towns and you slowed the process of the other 3 while they were placing. Faction is about cities and they caputred five in your "crushing raid", so you lost no matter how you cut it.

You didn't help faciliate faction pvp at all. The only thing that made people join was the new aritfacts[not one of your suggestions]. Also I've seen videos of you raiding mag vs them, you had the hot guild attacking the non faction vip, so why are you crying? Because the npcs that were outside of the base got killed? They had no bearing in the fight AND you had non faction people fighting their non faction. It's funny how hypocritical you are.
I'm sorry they kicked your ass and you're still butthurt about it.

You still ignored the fact that not everyone likes to join a zerg and they don't have the resources to guard towns all day everytime. You may want uo to be your job, but everyone else plays it as a hobby, not a way of life.

To recap your faction changes didn't help AT all. Only the new items were incentive to join. You act as if factions did something awesome. The items made people join, but if they didn't exist, pvp would still be around, just in the form of red/blue/grey instead of orange.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Choo, choo goes the train.

Link none of your changes helped factions, when vip did factions there were no rewards for doing it they just kicked your ass everytime.
VIP joined after the changes were made or were announced. I don't like to take credit, but I was obviously the person who got the entire factions thing going last year. I proposed the first three changes, which happened. People got interested in factions again. The developers made more changes. If I hadn't started all that who knows what might have happened. But chances are Factions would have seen little done to it this past year.

Also your raid was a fail that you claimed you "crushed" them. As I recall they corrupted 5 towns and you slowed the process of the other 3 while they were placing. Faction is about cities and they caputred five in your "crushing raid", so you lost no matter how you cut it.
This might be the fight:

http://www.veoh.com/browse/videos/category/entertainment/watch/v15194884WG9gXzn6

Yes, I captured it on video. They had more numbers than us yet we still managed to get inside and reset sigils. I don't know if we got them all or that was the night when they corrupted while we raided.

You didn't help faciliate faction pvp at all. The only thing that made people join was the new aritfacts[not one of your suggestions].
I guess HOT, VIP, COW and others are just nobody.

You still ignored the fact that not everyone likes to join a zerg and they don't have the resources to guard towns all day everytime.
Not everyone wants to be in a large guild. The only reason we don't have any good small guilds right now is because there is no incentive to make them or any PVP guild for that matter. We've been doing the same thing for 6 years now, fighting at champion spawns. Need something new.

To recap your faction changes didn't help AT all. Only the new items were incentive to join. You act as if factions did something awesome. The items made people join, but if they didn't exist, pvp would still be around, just in the form of red/blue/grey instead of orange.
Lots of people joined after the first round of changes (which did not include artifacts). I wish I had the numbers in an audit to show you. Working on factions is an evolutionary process and some steps will encourage participation more than others. But to say that the first changes did nothing is nonsense.

Now please, lets stop riding this train.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No the only changes that were in factions were the sl based got fixed, the balance was removed, and you could put more than one character in faction.

There were no artifacts and you didn't join because of your awesome event excuse.

I didn't watch your video but I know the only time you managed to reset some of the sigs[3] is when they were out placing the other 5. That means you failed, they capatured a majority of the towns and they had less people. HOT is never outnumbered so stop acting like you guys will do something if only 4 people are on.

As I said the only thing that propelled factions was the change that you did not ask for. Yes the upgraded artifacts for free.

You could never be a small guild so don't pretend if there was an incentive you would make a small guild. You do anything you can with numbers like abuse a flaw with a faction/non faction alliance. Which once that comes we'll see what hot is really made of.

Most of the people that joined the first time when you didn't, quit because there was not a lot of action. The only thing that roped people in was the free upgrade artifacts.

Lastly, I'm sorry that you got beat at your own game by them with the outside help, you outnumbered them but got outplayed, it happens. At one point you will realize that skill> numbers, however you prefer just sticking to the "power in numbers" approach, and can't figure out why you get beat when someone has 1/3 of your numbers.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm only going to reply to one point now because you just keep making so much stuff up it isn't worth trying to correct everything.
There were no artifacts and you didn't join because of your awesome event excuse.
We joined the last week of March 2008. Faction artifacts were introduced October 28, 2008.

So there is just one of your completely false statements. Not only did we join, but months before faction artifacts were even announced.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And you quit because you said the event was here yet, it was a good excuse to leave with your tail between your legs after getting destroyed.

As I said you weren't a big part of it at all, and kept having excuses why you didn't want to participate.

Lastly you got beat badly and that's why you quit. Stick to abusing the flaw while you still can with the faction/non faction and only doing despise or your castle pvp. Who is that afraid of pvp they stack goza mats so they can attack from inside a castle lol?

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mean the reality where you act like you've been factions the whole time, when in reality you might have had one person who stayed in with the tag. Lets not forget YOU are the ones who play on majority of blue non faction characters. I think you're the one in a different reality : (

Does it suck to be wrong all the time Link? I think it would get old after a while.

Feel free to adress the rest of that post btw, or do you want to avoid looking dumber than you already do? : )

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is only a year's worth of faction posts and videos (which you said you don't want to look at) showing we were playing. I guess that isn't enough for some people.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen the videos of you losing to them from a long time ago, and then there was a GAP where everyone stopped playing their faction chars[heat] because you got destroyed you idiot.

Also feel free to adress what you're going to do when the change is coming in the next few weeks where hot can no longer be allied to its larger group the blue non faction characters. OR how you're so good at pvp you're stacked goza mats to fight FROM a house lol. Link you're bad and you know it. Stop talking like you have any influence on pvp. You had NOTHING to do with the idea of better items for joining factions, deal with it. Your changes were awesome at trying to give zerg guilds the advantage.

It's amazing how you won't admit your wrong, you want people to guard for 24 hours according to two posts ago, and then the horse shouldn't bond.

You have got to be one of the dumbest players ever. The sad part is your bad ideas get implemented because most players don't read stratics. So you convince idiots that it's a good idea. It's a good thing I started posting so I could be the voice of reason.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've seen the videos of you losing to them from a long time ago, and then there was a GAP where everyone stopped playing their faction chars[heat] because you got destroyed you idiot.
At the time it was mostly HOT vs VIP. No one else would join or participate because of VIP's tactics. The destroying was done to both sides about equally. We just decided that doing spawns was more interesting then the broken fighting in Magincia.
Also feel free to adress what you're going to do when the change is coming in the next few weeks where hot can no longer be allied to its larger group the blue non faction characters.
Have you heard something I didn't? I've not seen any more developer comments on this. I suppose we are waiting for either new comments or a publish announcement.
It's a good thing I started posting so I could be the voice of reason.
You've already discredited yourself numerous times. If you want anyone to listen to you then I would recommend starting under a new forum name. I've countered your statements half a dozen times now and you just keep going on and on attacking me or our guild. That only makes you out to be a troll.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fact it wasn't "about equal", they beat you and you tried the same tactics, yet you just cry. In your own videos you have HOT not heat trying to fight them and much like your faction version they got destoryed. There is nothing equal about it, they were better than you. You get very hypocritial and then you have no explanation for it. You do realize you're crying that they killed guards that couldn't go in the base, which didn't sway the fight at all right? In addition your non faction people got destroyed by them so why are you crying, because you tried their tactic and it didn't work for you?

You keep avoiding the fact that all you do is try to turtle the island with 30+ people or fight from a castle with goza mats you look like an idiot, no one takes you seriously.

Your changes did NOT influence faction pvp at all. The only thing that did were ideas that WERE NOT YOURS.

Obvoiusly you can't read posts where draconi said end your alliances or we'll do it for you? I had a pretty good idea you were dumb, but thanks for the confrimation, I guess reading isn't your strong point.Why are faction guilds allowed to be allied with non faction guilds? This is a huge imbalance on the fighting field.

They shouldn’t be able to, this is a bug and will be squashed appropriately. If your faction guild is allied with a non-faction guild, please drop the alliance before we do.
-Draconi

Link everytime you post everyone slaps their forehead and goes "Oh god this guy is an idiot".

Links latest idea: Faction sigils should be guarded for 24 hours to get the cities and when you do get the cities the horses you get from them shouldn't bond. Everyone will Eww and Ahh because it is a "status symbol".

The fact that you can't see how stupid that idea is, is why everyone thinks you're an idiot. Espeically because you claim that being in front of your computer for 10 hours is too easy and it should be longer. Do you want to be paid to play UO? Do you think the more you play you might be a chance to be sponsored?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Links latest idea: Faction sigils should be guarded for 24 hours to get the cities and when you do get the cities the horses you get from them shouldn't bond. Everyone will Eww and Ahh because it is a "status symbol".

The fact that you can't see how stupid that idea is, is why everyone thinks you're an idiot.
I never posted that guarding should be changed back to 24 hours? Thanks for putting words in my mouth once again. That is all you've done in this topic.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Link, at the very begining you claimed "Ten hours or the current 4 hours is absolutely nothing." You were getting at they should be longer. You also do an amazing job and skipping over how I prove you wrong everytime.

Cut and copied about the alliance change coming, did you drop your alliance like it said to, or are you going to ride it out?[of course you won't do it as you know it gives you an advantage, your guild is abusing a bug]

See everytime I prove you wrong you'll cut and copy one thing I say and claim you didn't say it. No it wasn't word for word but those two things are what you did say. You think the timer needs to be longer, and you said after all that work the horse should not bond.

You sir should not post sugguestions.
They come from a person who turtles an island with the biggest guild, and has goza set up so they can "pvp" from a castle[If you can call it that].

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See everytime I prove you wrong you'll cut and copy one thing I say and claim you didn't say it. No it wasn't word for word but those two things are what you did say. You think the timer needs to be longer, and you said after all that work the horse should not bond.[/B

Yes I think the timer either needs to be longer or modified in some other way. Should it go back to 24 hours? No, I don't think that would be the ideal solution. The timer definitely needs to be longer than 10 hours so every player can participate. A while ago I suggested the timer be bumped up to 16 or 18 hours. I've even conducted a poll on the subject.

While raising the amount of time would solve the corrupting during sever inactivity, some people might not accept such long times in today's game (such as yourself). So perhaps there could be a period of no corruption, for example 4 hours before and after normal server maintenance. During this time the sigils go dormant. That would leave 14 hours throughout the day in which you can corrupt. I think this or another solution would be ideal but require development time, which is always difficult to obtain.

Another possible change which could make things easier for those trying to corrupt sigils would be to enable some sort of hindrance or delay before stealing. At the moment hours upon hours of work can be destroyed in the blink of an eye. If it took a raiding force 15 minutes or so before they could steal the sigils, it would allow defenders time to group up and not have to spend all day long in their base.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another possible change which could make things easier for those trying to corrupt sigils would be to enable some sort of hindrance or delay before stealing. At the moment hours upon hours of work can be destroyed in the blink of an eye. If it took a raiding force 15 minutes or so before they could steal the sigils, it would allow defenders time to group up and not have to spend all day long in their base.
Ahh, 15 minutes, long enough for the icq to go out to the 200 guildmates...let me think about that...pause...uh, no. If you want to hold the sigs, commit to the process.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh, 15 minutes, long enough for the icq to go out to the 200 guildmates...let me think about that...pause...uh, no. If you want to hold the sigs, commit to the process.
So how short should it be? Ten minutes? Five minutes? Should there not be any delay at all?

If no one offers any solutions the only practical one is to dramatically raise the corruption timer to at a minimum of 16 hours. Any shorter and you can corrupt them in virtually no prime-time hours.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's fine the way it is. I stayed out of your little pissing match with Truth, but I see where he was coming from now. Why should there be a delay before you can steal the sigils? So that a zerg guild like HOT can be messaged and told to come defend? No thanks. If they want to play factions, and they want the faction style pvp, then defend the sigils, for WHATEVER period of time the designers implement and quit whining about it. Your whining is simply further proof that you want folks to have to defend longer because 1. In "prime time" as you keep putting it, your zerg guild will have more people on to defend than most guilds can muster to attack, and 2. It's easy with so many people to rotate more bodies in to guard sigs compared to many smaller guilds. In that way, no one has to guard for more than an hour or so...fine for JC and his merry band of zerg slappies, not so cool for other small guilds.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guarding sigils was cool like 40 years ago when you could find a fight at any faction base at any time.

Now the only reason to corrupt a sigil and own a town is for your faction horse or to place 50 guards and hug em like a champ.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why should there be a delay before you can steal the sigils? So that a zerg guild like HOT can be messaged and told to come defend?
With the current situation of players being able to use client modifications to walk through virtually any object, it is impossible to keep a good thief from getting at the sigils. So if you blink it is taken away and your work goes down the drain.

guilds guilds guilds guilds guilds guilds guilds
While guilds may join a faction, they are not the faction. So if you think factions needs balancing you should post the issues you see or the solutions. Continuing to complain about large guilds serves no purpose. If you think the faction balancer should be restored then post that.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Give it a rest link, no one wants UO to be a job, 10 hours when it was in was fine. If you don't want them to be stolen in the am then corrupt mid day so when the old system comes back, they can only be stolen in prime time.

See how that works? You think ahead and put in a little extra effort!
Make sure you corrupt them at prime time and then 3 days later they are up for grabs AT prime time. Yay!

I had to repeat it so you don't miss it! You tend to do that in posts, if someone has a point you don't like you skip over it : )

Btw did you drop your alliance like draconi said, or are you still abusing the bug?

R

RichDC

You want people to guard towns???

How about this!!!

If, no towns are under the control of your faction...NO FATION ARTIES CAN BE USED!!!

Extend the times back to 3days ownership(4hours is just silly) and watch the fights roll in!!!

Edit: just read a few more posts, when they extend the time back to 10hours(which they will), what would you guys say to making the (i dont know what its called) 15min hold timer(if opposing faction holds for 15mins purification is stopped) only apply if the sigil is on the podium.

At the moment on GL alot of people will steal the sigs and then house hide for 15mins making it impossible for anyone to stop,maybe make it 30mins and they have to be placed?? Then the thiefs faction must defend there steals in order to prevent the opposing faction corrupting.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See how that works? You think ahead and put in a little extra effort!
Make sure you corrupt them at prime time and then 3 days later they are up for grabs AT prime time. Yay!
You talk about not wanting UO to be a job then exclaim that someone should corrupt sigils every 3 days for 10 hours at a time.

Speaking the Truth

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Link you can't turn this around on me.
YOU'RE the one that says 10 hours is nothing.

If you don't want them corrupted in the morning so that they are only up for grabs then YOU can plan ahead to do that in the evening or "prime time".

The only thing you've been right about in this entire thread is that I don't want UO to be a job and spend 18 hours guarding.

Hey you avoided it again, did you drop the alliance to hot or are you still abusing the bug?

Link I know it must be frustrating that I'm being the voice reason and other people are agreeing with me. Just quit while you're behind[everytime you post you fall more and more behind].

With everything you've said I've proved you wrong, and the other people replying in this thread see it my way and not yours.

Lastly Rich that's a bad change. You can have a zerg guild sit there vs small guilds and win. Guards plus all their numbers. Then if the towns are taken, that means no other faction could wear armor for 3 days. That doesn't sound like it facilitates pvp. That's not a good idea.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is like talking to a wall.

Link you can't turn this around on me.
YOU'RE the one that says 10 hours is nothing.
I said 10 hours was nothing compared to 24 hours it was previously. Ten hours is a considerable amount of time to guard if you do it when other people are actively attacking you. However, if you time it right you can corrupt them all without anyone noticing.

If you don't want them corrupted in the morning so that they are only up for grabs then YOU can plan ahead to do that in the evening or "prime time".
The timer begins when the sigil is placed on the town pedestal. So if you start corrupting at say 3PM and place them at 1AM, they will be available for stealing 3 days later at 1AM. So the next crew gets to take them immediately and corrupt straight away. Your plan won't work.

Hey you avoided it again, did you drop the alliance to hot or are you still abusing the bug?
I already answered this. Do you expect me to answer it several times with a different response? I said we are waiting to see what happens. There have been no further comments made on the issue.