• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction vendors (reagent)

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I, like many others, have used faction reagent vendors to supply my crafters with a steady supply of reagents to keep my vendor stocked with smoke bombs, enchanted apples, scrolls, and other sundries. Now that faction vendors have disappeared I find it extremely cumbersome to restock reagents.

Not only is the price higher, but buying the reagents is insanely time consuming.

Price: Normal price for ginseng is 3 gp. On a faction vendor it is 2 gp. If I buy 500k gensing that is a 500k price difference.

If you think this is a good place for a gold sink, that's fine, I'll just pass that cost on to my customers.

The real problem is that normal reagent vendors are not near a bank so buying thousands of reagens at a time is even more time consuming (running back and forth to the bank with heavy loads.
One exception is Luna where the vendors are at the bank. Problem is that there are only 5 vendors selling all of the reagents. (one herbalist sells some, but not all of them)

It was common to have ten faction reagent vendors at a bank. this was much better as it literally takes several hours to work up the quantity they sell to maximum.

Can we have some sort of compromise here?

On my shard the consumables I sell are available in part because of the convenience faction vendors provided. I am one of two regular suppliers of enchanted apples and the only vendor of apples sold in bulk quantities on a regular basis. I sell 3 to 4 thousand apples per week. Just apples.
That's 21000 to 28000 ginseng per week for one item on my vendor.

Please consider not making it more difficult and/or more expensive to buy reagents.

Thanks.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I, like many others, have used faction reagent vendors to supply my crafters with a steady supply of reagents to keep my vendor stocked with smoke bombs, enchanted apples, scrolls, and other sundries. Now that faction vendors have disappeared I find it extremely cumbersome to restock reagents.

Not only is the price higher, but buying the reagents is insanely time consuming.

Price: Normal price for ginseng is 3 gp. On a faction vendor it is 2 gp. If I buy 500k gensing that is a 500k price difference.

If you think this is a good place for a gold sink, that's fine, I'll just pass that cost on to my customers.

The real problem is that normal reagent vendors are not near a bank so buying thousands of reagens at a time is even more time consuming (running back and forth to the bank with heavy loads.
One exception is Luna where the vendors are at the bank. Problem is that there are only 5 vendors selling all of the reagents. (one herbalist sells some, but not all of them)

It was common to have ten faction reagent vendors at a bank. this was much better as it literally takes several hours to work up the quantity they sell to maximum.

Can we have some sort of compromise here?

On my shard the consumables I sell are available in part because of the convenience faction vendors provided. I am one of two regular suppliers of enchanted apples and the only vendor of apples sold in bulk quantities on a regular basis. I sell 3 to 4 thousand apples per week. Just apples.
That's 21000 to 28000 ginseng per week for one item on my vendor.

Please consider not making it more difficult and/or more expensive to buy reagents.

Thanks.
I tried to start a discussion on this very topic a while back and most of the people who responded in the thread didn't see the deletion of the faction reagent and bottle vendors as being much of a problem and that they would just buy from the "regular" NPC vendors.

That being said, I also seem to recall hearing or reading somewhere that Kyronix was tossing around the idea of somehow doing something within the governorship system for certain types of commodity vendors. Don't know whatever happened with that idea. Maybe one of the people who has participated in the various forums for city governors (one of them is closed to people who aren't city governors) would know more about whether or not that idea has gotten any traction.

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:sad3:]
:sad2:
that is all, get over it sorry, pack animals or BoS??
I realize you are offended by this complaint and I would agree with your sentiment if I were just being lazy. I assure you, or anyone else who may not be aware, that even with ten faction vendors at the bank it is no picnic buying reagents enough to supply other players with crafted consumables. I want to be clear here. I am merely pointing out that without faction vendors I can't physically supply my shard with consumables like apples and smoke bombs and recall/gate scrolls and potions in bulk quantities any longer. -And that there are few or no other vendors doing so at this time.

This won't affect my game play I assure you. I predict it will affect availability of consumables on a number of shards. If that is me being lazy so be it.