• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Trash Talk!!

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Whom ever is paging a GM to delete my vendors. Does not know what they are talking about. This is the exact same positions as they were before +2 for griefs sake :) . There is a pathway leading into the base. IT IS NOT ILLEGAL. Decker has a print screen of the GM's saying it is not if you wish for me to get him on here and post it, its not very hard to do. Knock that **** off. Your calling for your mom, one too many times. :cursing:
Actually that is supposed to be illegal. They are placed in the faction zone (faction base) which starts 1 tile west of the gold sign up stone. So that would be the base, vendors are only allowed to be placed in towns. Its a rule that is not clearly defined as vendors in that position are removed on chessy and atlantic all the time and in many cases have lead to suspensions.

I'll tell you what, stop placing them in the faction base and i'll stop paging and having them removed. Decker has a GM saying they are legal, I had them removed several times this week so that just tells you the GMs are not on the same page and some look at that as ILLEGAL.

SO. stop crying and hiding behind your gimp base that is way unbalanced and just stfu and fight.

and obviously I do know what I'm talking about since the GMs are removing them...

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I just wish all the Game Masters would get on the same page as to what is legal and what isnt. They removed the vendors last nite and this morning just a few. It is very diffcult to know what is legal with this type of behavior by the Game Masters.

B

Barbosa

Well I just wish all the Game Masters would get on the same page as to what is legal and what isnt. They removed the vendors last nite and this morning just a few. It is very diffcult to know what is legal with this type of behavior by the Game Masters.
Aye I agree with that. We are talking about it in vent as I type. I talked to Draconi at the Town Hall meeting in Redwood city California a couple years ago and asked him about this. He said NO it is ok except if you cut off all access with anything "Vendors, bagballs, etc. (Yea yea) So if you want a GM to figure it out. Good luck. Im contacting Draconi (Or some sort of Dev/QnA) about this issue and see whos right.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is the problem with this game anymore, no one is every on the same page. I also send an email to EA about this asking for a clarification of this rule so we will see.

Bag balls and other things can be removed manually, but faction vendor can not be removed by opposing factions unless they own the town. It used to be you had to leave a path through them or it was a suspension, but then I dont think they enforce that on Great Lakes either

G

Googly

A mage guild that resides in a base consisting of one long choke point....

Ah, never mind. I don't even have to touch that one.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually that is supposed to be illegal. They are placed in the faction zone (faction base) which starts 1 tile west of the gold sign up stone. So that would be the base, vendors are only allowed to be placed in towns.
The faction base and town zone overlaps. Under the walkway is still in town even if only faction players can go there. If the developers want to change it then do so.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is the reply I received from an EA Rep concerning faction vendors, so now I am happy.

Faction vendors can not be used as a wall to prevent a player from accessing a faction base. This is because the opposing factions can not remove these vendors. If they are witnessed being used as a wall, without any passage allowed through this faction vendor wall, a pathway will be created. Only items may be used to create a wall without a passage way as items are moveable by any player. As faction vendors can not be moved by opposing players, they are not allowed to be used as a way of blockading a base off.

Faction vendors may also not be allowed to be used to block faction guards. Several factions abuse the fact that you can "turret" the faction guards by blocking their ability to path by creating a box around them with faction vendors. This is illegal, and will warrant deletion of the faction vendors, and also may result in action taken upon the faction commanding lord, sheriff of that town, and the faction finance minister. Any faction using faction vendors in this way will warrant removal of the faction vendors that are being used inappropriately. Thank you for playing Ultima Online. Take care.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
id beleive that more if ya posted the original letter.

i find it hard to believe after all these years that there was a change in the rules and it wasnt posted anywhere.

and good luck banning people after having GMs say it was legal for the last 5 years without posting the change somewhere.

i still have a screen shot of the GM telling me that my turets and vender wall is perfectlly legal.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings,
Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts Customer Support. The question that you submitted has been updated and the details of our response is below. To update this question by email, please reply to this message. Because your reply will be automatically processed, you MUST enter your reply above this message.

If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next 7 days.

Subject
UO - GM Review

Discussion Thread
Response (EA Rep Rikaun)
06/06/2008 07:30 AM
Greetings, and thank you for your email.

Faction vendors can not be used as a wall to prevent a player from accessing a faction base. This is because the opposing factions can not remove these vendors. If they are witnessed being used as a wall, without any passage allowed through this faction vendor wall, a pathway will be created. Only items may be used to create a wall without a passage way as items are moveable by any player. As faction vendors can not be moved by opposing players, they are not allowed to be used as a way of blockading a base off.

Faction vendors may also not be allowed to be used to block faction guards. Several factions abuse the fact that you can "turret" the faction guards by blocking their ability to path by creating a box around them with faction vendors. This is illegal, and will warrant deletion of the faction vendors, and also may result in action taken upon the faction commanding lord, sheriff of that town, and the faction finance minister. Any faction using faction vendors in this way will warrant removal of the faction vendors that are being used inappropriately. Thank you for playing Ultima Online. Take care.

EARep Rikaun
Player relations
EA Mythic

Customer 06/03/2008 09:09 AM

Great Lakes
Grace Omally
Not for sure
10:45 am Cdt

I am complaining about the difference about the actions regarding the placement of Faction Vendors in the TB base and the removal of them. Last nite, the vendors were completely removed because of illegal placement with in the base, and today just a few are removed. I would like a clarification of the rule on the placement of faction vendors. Can they be place inside the base under the walk way past the sign up post or not.

Ok here is the orginal email but with my personal stuff removed now believe it

G

Googly

Thats fine. Turrets should be illegal, anyway. They're a joke.

BUT...

The last two groups of vendors completely deleted by GM's weren't blocking. They were a maze. Maybe the maze was too complicated and the little rats couldn't find their way to the cheese...but according to your letter there the GM's and whoever pages were completely in the wrong.

As for that being the faction zone...JC was right. Technically thats not the faction zone. There does happen to be a barrier further up...but the faction zone begins where the guard-zone line is. Grab some gas traps and test it out yourself. Not my fault the dev's moved it. :)

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I said in my email on the GM Review I just wanted an answer for what is legal and what is not, which I received and pass on the information. rolleyes:

F

FenrirsFangs

Forgive me if this ticks you off, please. I avoided factions for years myself because the last time I tried i was killed near instantly at every turn either by a red or an opposing faction member. soooo i decided to not bother since i suck at PvP.

Well recently i decided to give factions another go and was surprised to find all these Blue npc's suddenly turn orange and try to kick the living crap outta me.

On baja I searched and searched and found 2 faction players, period. I know there are more but i can't seem to find ANYONE in my faction. (true britanians) soooo i just been wandering around killing "turrets" and deguarding cities since I don't know what else to do.

I guess the point I'm meandering to is, If there are any TB left on Baja ya think ya could show me the ropes? Look for me wandering around on the facets. :) and CoM sorry bought all those guards I just read today how expensive they are.

Cromwell, Defender true britanians.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea think??? Another week or so, then I will be back on Gracie. I went from not much work to being gone everyday for the last two weeks! Expediate Freight is supposedly gonna slow down after this week.........so plan on Grace ruining your hold on the sigils on Great Lakes.

B

Barbosa

ya tinks is getting bored... he built another royal rug in our castle. And us defenders are tending to other things also. Turn-in's :) wish anthius (cardell) would come back by so we can dismount/kill him.

WE MISS YOU!!!

hehe

G

Googly

Essentially, they've all corrupted twice without anyone really trying.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya tinks is getting bored... he built another royal rug in our castle. And us defenders are tending to other things also. Turn-in's :) wish anthius (cardell) would come back by so we can dismount/kill him.

WE MISS YOU!!!

hehe
HE Barbosa... HE?!?!?! I am a sneakylilgrannytinkerthief ... thank you very much! But yes, Tinks was getting bored and left a nice pink rug ...

B

Barbosa

na..... But I did stay at a holiday inn express last night!

LOL

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually that is supposed to be illegal. They are placed in the faction zone (faction base) which starts 1 tile west of the gold sign up stone. So that would be the base, vendors are only allowed to be placed in towns.

SO. stop crying and hiding behind your gimp base that is way unbalanced and just stfu and fight.
I just find this TOO funny for words. Anthius of Ego whining about illegal tactics, and things that are unbalanced. That is probably the most hypocritical post I have read on stratics. To keep my stratics account open, I'll stop there.

B

Barbosa

heh... yea. You know im sitting here at work. Clear minded. And am wondering why we get this type of person for a enemy ALL the time. I think its the same damn person over and over and over agian. here ill make a timeline:

2001: Osama Bin Laden (Psyco)
2005ish: Permafrost (A-hole & Psyco)
2005-2007ish: Randy (A-hole)
2007-2008ish: Anthius Disius (A-hole)

All the same person I tell ya, there just learning not to be as Psyco as the last time. Maybe the next one will be Witty, and a A-hole. Now thats a new one I've yet to see.

Edit: Wow im just reading how many "Guests" are looking at this thread. And its like 12. Maybe I should'nt of said the OBL word. I feel as if big brother is watching lol

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
heh... yea. You know im sitting here at work. Clear minded. And am wondering why we get this type of person for a enemy ALL the time. I think its the same damn person over and over and over agian. here ill make a timeline:

All the same person I tell ya, there just learning not to be as Psyco as the last time. Maybe the next one will be Witty, and a A-hole. Now thats a new one I've yet to see.

Edit: Wow im just reading how many "Guests" are looking at this thread. And its like 12. Maybe I should'nt of said the OBL word. I feel as if big brother is watching lol
Sweet I made the list. /bow

A

Altec

Well u also end up with alot of old friends as enemies to how do you manage to make so many enemies. And you barbosa you always try to make friends with the enemy weren't you the idiot that got booted for accessing silk and some other kdl members to the guild house.

Speaking of accessing people thanks papa smurf for helping us loot the beach house. I am sure after they booted u from guild you made some good ching off the **** you took out of deckers house.

W

wee papa smurf

Well u also end up with alot of old friends as enemies to how do you manage to make so many enemies. And you barbosa you always try to make friends with the enemy weren't you the idiot that got booted for accessing silk and some other kdl members to the guild house.

Speaking of accessing people thanks papa smurf for helping us loot the beach house. I am sure after they booted u from guild you made some good ching off the **** you took out of deckers house.
well firstly i never got booted from any guild and secondly i never took anythin, infact i wasnt even accesed to the containers :twak:
Just another day in life of s**t on uo :pint:

W

wee papa smurf

Oh god lol, iv heard rumours that "a trammie" has a char in SL well i can guarantee u that he doesnt ;) the only reason i placed a house near SL base is because my small house was rubbish, but everyone knows there wont b any house hiding going on in that house *shakes fist*

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh god lol, iv heard rumours that "a trammie" has a char in SL well i can guarantee u that he doesnt ;) the only reason i placed a house near SL base is because my small house was rubbish, but everyone knows there wont b any house hiding going on in that house *shakes fist*
Christina is an SL character that runs out of trammies house, accessed, friended, or owner i dont know and i dont care. But, I did notice that all 15 SL traps were hidden from us today. From what I hear the TBs were talking a mean game to AlienSpit while there were no other SL mages on.

And that was one hell of a fight,, 5 minutes? 3 of us pretty decimated everyone with ease. Use your brutes, ogre lords, dismounters, traps, hide our traps, out number us, use a gimp base, house hide, blue tamers and still get your teeth kicked in... Pathetic,, absolutely pathetic.

W

wee papa smurf

Christina is an SL character that runs out of trammies house, accessed, friended, or owner i dont know and i dont care. But, I did notice that all 15 SL traps were hidden from us today. From what I hear the TBs were talking a mean game to AlienSpit while there were no other SL mages on.

And that was one hell of a fight,, 5 minutes? 3 of us pretty decimated everyone with ease. Use your brutes, ogre lords, dismounters, traps, hide our traps, out number us, use a gimp base, house hide, blue tamers and still get your teeth kicked in... Pathetic,, absolutely pathetic.
yea m8 i agree it was pathetic, that blue trammy tamer was bein told to get to f$%k, and i wasnt fightin i was in the back fieldin and then the usual "HERE COMES ANTHIUS, WERE ALL GOIN TO DIE" came, and i really truly dont know who hid ur traps but that christina was sum1 used to hold a house thats all, i dont talk a mean game i dont **** talk anyone and i wish i had more people by my side that would actually fight instead of usin gimp tactics. I was soooo f%&kin close to quittin 2day its unreal, and i was only lucky i managed to get them 3 cities cos i had a whole day off lol. And as for whoever was talkin mean to Alienspit m8 they need there head examined!

peace :thumbsup: