• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction towns

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just feel that we should have a reason for wantng to own the faction towns. Once upon a time it used to be for the ability to make faction armor but since AOS there really is no point. Can we get a reason to own the town? Make it so that factions cant get faction arties unless there faction controls a town or something like that? Give us a reason to want to steal sigils and actually guard.

just my thoughts

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just feel that we should have a reason for wantng to own the faction towns. Once upon a time it used to be for the ability to make faction armor but since AOS there really is no point. Can we get a reason to own the town? Make it so that factions cant get faction arties unless there faction controls a town or something like that? Give us a reason to want to steal sigils and actually guard.

just my thoughts
This one has been enlightened by the factions...

But the devs have not, and unfortunately they are the ones who are supposed to make the changes and they most likely never will do that.

Heavenless

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Something like craftable artifacts for factions via the towns? Most of the updates seem geared towards pvm, nerfs, and fixing mistakes from previous patches. Maybe some sort of faction powers/abilities specific to towns.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they could make it where controlling a town reduces the rank requirement to wear faction gear. If you own all seven towns then people in that faction only need to be level 2 to wear rank 9 gear. Since it seems like they're not going to do anything about the points and some shards it's gotten way out of hand. It would also give an incentive to those that have problems PVPing due to ping, connection speed, or new, to maybe contibute in other ways. Just an idea that probably wouldn't be that difficult to code.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they could make it where controlling a town reduces the rank requirement to wear faction gear. If you own all seven towns then people in that faction only need to be level 2 to wear rank 9 gear. Since it seems like they're not going to do anything about the points and some shards it's gotten way out of hand. It would also give an incentive to those that have problems PVPing due to ping, connection speed, or new, to maybe contibute in other ways. Just an idea that probably wouldn't be that difficult to code.
Then you will see front runners. Its easier to have 1 point mule transfer 4 points and give a player rank 7. There is a lot of people who can be rank 10 and 9. Making the requirements easier does nothing for the factions. If one faction consistently owns the towns people will leave their faction, 3 days later they will be in the faction with control and they will only need a little bit of points to hit rank 7 or 8.

There is not one single shard a person with a bad ping cannot help on. I steal sigs on asian shards with over 300 ping. In fact I do it with 300 ping and use my laptop mouse pad (finger thingy). Its really easy to contribute. You don't even need any ping to contribute silver or making/removing traps.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

just my thoughts
As always, what would be most useful for Factions to control a town.

First thought is: If a Faction controls a town, the members of that faction should be allowed to buy from and sell to any npc town merchant regardless of a shards rules about buying and selling. Blue or red faction players would be allow to buy and sell in the controlled town. Yes, even on Siege Perilous.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

Kael

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

just my thoughts
Agreed ...any reason would be grand

Perhaps even make it less costly the more you control ...or that some of the consumables can be crafted by faction craftsmen when you control a set amount of towns