• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Teamwork

S

Sage360

Hello,

I've recently returned to UO after a seven year break. Life happens, right? Anyway, I've reworked all my templates and made a new faction thief so I could try my hand at recapturing some sigils. However, I've been chased down three times by a red from my own faction. I've managed to slip away each time, by sheer luck I'm sure. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?

S

Sage360

It sure seems to be. The faction appears to be dominated by one large guild. I didn't think this would be an issue, but it looks like if you're not in their guild, you're a target.

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This happens to me all the time, Mostly because i roll solo, and Im not very good at PvP. It is frustrating as hell, when you've been doing what you think you can for your faction out all day long, and all the sudden you get killed in your own base by your own faction. I mean where were you guys all day?
The only consilation which i could offer you is that it's "the nature of the beast" I mean it happens to me from "reds" in my faction and that is what you expect from a red player. If they are bored with 4 of their bro's you are blue andthey dont know you....OOoOOoO.
I would think that these "ELITE" PvPers would look for a challenge, but in stead they work on their team skills on me ( a guy that anyone of them may have been able to take one on one, I guess they were afraid I'd get away). I guess that could be it in a nut shell my friend, They very well may beconducting rehersals for their battle drills.
I have been mad as hell about it before, I suppose the best advice for me to give you is to just relax, It is what it is... "reds kill blues" You cant trust someone just becasue they are in the same faction as you.

S

Sage360

I guess that could be it in a nut shell my friend, They very well may beconducting rehersals for their battle drills.
I have been mad as hell about it before, I suppose the best advice for me to give you is to just relax, It is what it is... "reds kill blues" You cant trust someone just becasue they are in the same faction as you.
You're definitely right. I've given up on trying to run the sigils, for the moment. I didn't really need the points or silver, was just getting a bit nostalgic for factions. Thank you for the advice, though.