• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

faction suggestion

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sometimes faction reds (and greys) come onto the screen and its not always immidiately oubvious if they are friendly or enemy.

so what if they changed the [TB]/[MIN] etc. tags to reflect how the char flags to you in terms of factions, regardless of color?

for example. a red char in minax would have

Char Name [Guild][MIN]

where Char Name and [Guild] would remain red, but [MIN] would be blue, (or green if hes guilded with you, or orange if he's in a faction you arent)

would make quick glance targeting easier in big fights.

thoughts?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My thought is that its fine the way it is. Orange trumps red, blue, and grey.

IMO anyways

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah but what i mean is when a red runs onto the screen, you gotta look close and read to see if you should attack or not. if it was color coded, it'd be quicker/easier

oh well, w/e

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah but what i mean is when a red runs onto the screen, you gotta look close and read to see if you should attack or not. if it was color coded, it'd be quicker/easier

oh well, w/e
its pretty damn easy already..

S

Saleena

I thought that any opposing faction member was orange anyways reguardless if they are red or not.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They do. If they're in a faction and they're displaying as red or gray, it's because they're in the same faction as you.

W

wee papa smurf

sometimes faction reds (and greys) come onto the screen and its not always immidiately oubvious if they are friendly or enemy.

so what if they changed the [TB]/[MIN] etc. tags to reflect how the char flags to you in terms of factions, regardless of color?

for example. a red char in minax would have

Char Name [Guild][MIN]

where Char Name and [Guild] would remain red, but [MIN] would be blue, (or green if hes guilded with you, or orange if he's in a faction you arent)

would make quick glance targeting easier in big fights.

thoughts?
Fix = Get everyone to wear colour coded robes and get together with everyone and agree on who's fighting who, because lets be honest it cant really get any easier than the way it is right now :dunce:

:postcount:

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fix = dont suck. If he is red and u dont know his name.. he may very well kill you..

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
No worries, Cardell. I expect a little rough and tumble here in the faction forums. Just don't bring shard specific stuff here.

M

mutau

hm I'm just curious. we have red, orange, blue and green. Can someone who's color blind chime in on these colors? i think it should be easy to determine if you attack or not. If they are orange, that's a GO, if they are green thats a NO. :) But still curious on the color-blindness point of view.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hm I'm just curious. we have red, orange, blue and green. Can someone who's color blind chime in on these colors? i think it should be easy to determine if you attack or not. If they are orange, that's a GO, if they are green thats a NO. :) But still curious on the color-blindness point of view.
Those colors are just the default settings. You can change them. Even if you are color blind you can still distinguish between most colors by the shade. It would be pretty easy to set them to something that makes it abundantly clear.

M

mutau

Ahhh so you can change the colors. cool. i'll let my friend know.