• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Silver? What am I missing here?

• Thread starter eccentricjules
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

eccentricjules

Publish notes specifically state that Invasion monsters will drop faction loot. Am I missing something? I have killed invasion monsters in Trinsic, Yew and Minoc and never saw ANY faction silver?? What am I missing? Did I miss something that says you need to BE in a faction to get silver? Or, Is that something inherent I should already know after 5.5 years of playing =P

Loot
All invasion monsters and army members drop faction silver
1 to 5 normally, up to 25 for special mobs like the Shadow Knight
Silver is multiplied by rank within the army
Rare bonuses possible
All invasion monsters have at least double the normal loot
Army members drop special weapons and spellbooks with properties based on their rank
Army members drop exceptional loot at higher ranks

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are in factions, you also get a pittance of faction silver when you kill corrupted townsfolk. However, the poor dears are considered innocents and killing them makes you lose karma. [Do beware of corrupted townsfolk tagged with the Falsehood label who go out of their way to bump into you. They steal things out of your pack. You do get a message that they've stolen something, but might not notice it. Track them down and kill them and the item will be returned to you. I think it's also returned when the invasion in the town is finished, if your character is online at the time and I guess assuming the NPC survived that long.]

If you are in factions and one of the invasion monsters kills you, do be forewarned that you will go into skill loss. :) (I know this is true for TB faction characters and assume it's also true for COM characters. However, have not tested it yet with a Minax or SL character.)

Somehow the skill loss doesn't seem to apply if a crimson dragon kills your faction character. You also don't seem to get faction silver for killing them. I'm fine with this, though, because it's fun to have a chance at dancing around and anatagonizing those beautiful but deadly beasts.