• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction ranking is severely bugged

R

Radun

please fix kthx

p.s. now that the new faction artis are live, my hunch that they would be the new spawn pk guild's weapon of choice vs non-factioners is confirmed... at least on chessy... this also needs to be addressed. PKing should get you booted from your faction, or at the very least make you lose all your killpoints/rank

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
please fix kthx

p.s. now that the new faction artis are live, my hunch that they would be the new spawn pk guild's weapon of choice vs non-factioners is confirmed... at least on chessy... this also needs to be addressed. PKing should get you booted from your faction, or at the very least make you lose all your killpoints/rank
Tis not how it use to be. Pks got reprieve, but if they went red again, they went back to their previous amount of counts. (changed after Mr Moosestache jogged my memory :p )

But, if you be posting a thread stating that faction ranking is severely bugged, it might be very important to explain why it is severely bugged before they can respond to it...

M

Mr Moosestache

Way back when factions first started, they put in the "reprieve". If you were a PK you could join factions and it would turn you blue, if you went over 4 counts your counts reverted back to the original long terms. Maybe I'm mistaken but I don't ever remember it removing you from the faction for losing your reprieve.

Secondly, I put the guild into factions a month and a half ago. HOPING, that MAYBE the *yours* 4 (Now 3) guild alliance would do something to fight us. It didn't work, a few people put chars in factions though. They stay at the gate, hiding in a house, waiting for a kill shot (rez kill) on our guys. They run out attempt a cheap hit and run away to hide.

I put our ENTIRE guild into factions. Maybe if you guys had someone step up to lead then you could do something. But you have a GM who runs into a fight and leaves his guild to die.

I have offered on many occasions to have even # fights, we would gladly use our old suits. You guys could accept.

T

Traveller

Confirming the bug. My thief is rank 9, with 0 kills.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not quite sure how it works but if I had to guess it's a percentage ..... It could be by each individual faction or all factions on your shard as a whole. Say there's 100 people in TB which is your faction then the top 10% in the kills will be RANK 10 next 10% RANK 9 so on and so forth.... so if the majority of people are 0 points or even negative you can be high rank with 0 score...

Anyway... seeing as how with 2 accounts points can be farmed everyone in factions who wants them will be rocking the high end items...

My question is that if your going to complain about these items why not join factions and get them?

The only 2 reasons I can think of are..
--your a guard hiding blue who wants to continue hiding
--you die so much that 20 min statloss at death is a fearsome thing ...

if anyone else can think of a valid reason not to join factions if your going to PvP pls. add it bc I'm curious...

R

Radun

My question is that if your going to complain about these items why not join factions and get them?
when we're always out numbered by 2 - 4 times statloss at death gives them the advantage. joining an opposing faction to counter the new items would be taking one advantage away from them and giving them a bigger one.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Confirming the bug. My thief is rank 9, with 0 kills.
Rank is calculated at percentage of the highest kill point ttl. Are you stealing and placing sigils? Those rules have changed and they now give silver and kill points. Is your faction sparcely populated on your shard?

Either of these factors could contribute to ranking as you describe.

T

Traveller

Rank is calculated at percentage of the highest kill point ttl. Are you stealing and placing sigils? Those rules have changed and they now give silver and kill points. Is your faction sparcely populated on your shard?

Either of these factors could contribute to ranking as you describe.
As far as I know only killpoints contribute to ranking, and my killpoints are 0. What is changed is that you can gain killpoints by stealing sigils, but as I said, I got none (yet). :)

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then if there is no one boasting kill points actively in your faction your percent to highest kill point total is actually 100 percent.

Congratulations and get crackin, it probably wont last too long.