• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Rank question

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was curious about the way points effect rank. I am assuming they are under some type of curve because 19 points in one faction may be rank 10, where as in one it may only be rank 6.

I was curious exactly how the system is supposed to work, because im really kinda lost on it.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
It's so broken right now it doesn't really matter anymore. Your faction thief probably has enough points to keep you rank 10 for the rest of your life.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It used to be proportional to the rest of your faction. I think time spent in said faction used to matter, too.

Now, the rest of your faction can have 1,000 points, you have 1 point, you'll still be rank 10. For some people, they'll have -6 and be rank 10. It's always been busted, really.

Something about joining a faction and letting your character time out would randomly give you a minimum rank.....or something to that effect....mumble mumble mumble.

Lady Arwen

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive been killing alot of orange people and havent gained any ranks at all, im only rank three. Why would this be?

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive been killing alot of orange people and havent gained any ranks at all, im only rank three. Why would this be?
It doesn't matter how many ppl you kill. Its how many points you get. If the people you are killing are worth nothing or nothing to you, then you wont gain any rank.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Id be interested to hear if this is the way it's working for everyone else?
We've found in my guild our ranks update at about 10am every day.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't matter how many ppl you kill. Its how many points you get. If the people you are killing are worth nothing or nothing to you, then you wont gain any rank.
But the rank system is broken. My thief, who never kills anyone, has no points until this event, has always been ranked 10. I have never had that title decay on her.

S

Sublime69

Theives get rank from stealing and running sigs always have, also killing orange monsters will gain you rank. PUNKTE is NOT the only way to attain rank it is only the fastest.

Also for punkte to keep you rank 10 you have to be in the top 90% of your faction in punkte. So IF you were the only person in your faction 1 point would keep you rank 10.

Furthermore the faction rank server is completely separate from the shard server and DOES NOT update at server down. It only updates once per day.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Theives get rank from stealing and running sigs always have, also killing orange monsters will gain you rank. PUNKTE is NOT the only way to attain rank it is only the fastest.

Also for punkte to keep you rank 10 you have to be in the top 90% of your faction in punkte. So IF you were the only person in your faction 1 point would keep you rank 10.

Furthermore the faction rank server is completely separate from the shard server and DOES NOT update at server down. It only updates once per day.
Please disregard anything Sublime posted, nothing in his 3 paragraphs is correct.

S

Sublime69

Believe who you want I have run factions on Legends for 4 years. Even when there was not a single player in another faction to take points from I kept my rank by killing daemons in fel and running sigs. You are almost right it did always used to take 2 points to be rank 10. Now however since we have so many punkte in our guild it takes anywhere from 8-15 depending on how many of us are running around with 150 kill points. Check the factions main page look what guild has over 3000 kill points on Legends I am Guild Master of that guild.

Nice troll though!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are incorrect. Killing faction monsters does not help with rank. Stealing sigs only helps with rank now that it gives killpoints.

You are incorrect on how rank is determined. If you have positive kill points, log out and the next day you will be rank 10.

L

[LGND]

Lynk, you have no idea about factions, and it shows. Stealing sigils gives you faction rank, whether or not you receive points. You do not even need to be the one who stole the sigil, you simply must run it to the town post and base.

Punkte or kill points is directly related to faction rank. On a dead shard with little to no faction participation, you would need almost no faction points to be max rank. On a shard such as legends with single players running around with over 500 points, 5 or 6 faction points will NOT get you rank 10. Simply having a positive amount of kill points does not make you a high rank, unless there is no participation among your faction.

And,Faction rank updates only ONCE per day at 6:00est.

Next time you call someone out, please have some clue about what you're talking about.:loser:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps you should heed your own advice.

Do you play factions on all shards? Are you sure that it updates at 6:00 p.m.? I noticed on my new character that when I transferred points to him I was lowest rank, and when I logged on bright an early before work (within 7 hours) I was rank 10.

Rank is based off of points. I am 99% sure of this, maybe Cardell can validate?

Rank system is supposed to operate the way you say, by working off of percentages but as many people have pointed out the rank system is BROKEN.

For example, 2 days ago I transferred all points but 6 points. 2 days of decay leaves me with 4 points. Great Lakes is one of the most active faction shards.

This is just an example, I have had one point and been rank 10.

THE POINT IS THE RANK SYSTEM IS NOT WORKING AS INTENDED.

You are not :scholar:, you are :dunce:

L

[LGND]

You speak yet again....boring.:sleep2:
Anyway, not a hard concept. You posted a pic with 4 punkte and rank 10. As stated before the only reason you have rank 10 is based off the relationship to the amount of points in the factions. Great Lakes isn't very faction involved if the highest points in COM is only 107. That is an extremely small number compared to an active faction shard. In your case 4 punkte will get you rank 10, but only because of the low participation among the Council Of Mages factions on your shard. :lick:

If you would like to be more exact in what I should heed, please do so. I have sat online at 5:55pm on my character, had points transferred to that character, checked my rank( it was 1), waited 5 minutes until 6:00pm and then checked my rank, and amazingly(not really) I had my rank 10.I am an active faction player on Legends, Atl, Chessy, Siege, and at times TC. I have had my rank update on all of these shards at 6:00pm est.
Please tell me that GL factions is completely different then any other shard.

Dubar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i consider GL to be very active faction wise

of the servers that you play on, which would you say has the most faction activity?

L

[LGND]

I would say TC or Siege. Almost all of the good pvpers on siege are factions.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say TC or Siege. Almost all of the good pvpers on siege are factions.
Son, you and your boyfriends are welcome to transfer and get fed your own teeth any day of the week. GL has best faction guilds and best pvpers. Seriously come try it out. The action is plenty.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The reason GL doesn't have as many points is because of the activity. The sigils aren't corrupted nearly as much on GL as other shards.

L

[LGND]

Sigils are a basis for point, but not the only source. If you were to kill a Shadow Lord with 30 points in a warzone on a TB or COM Character, you would receive 9 kill points and the Shadow Lord would lose only 3. Sigils give 10 points for several hours worth of work minimum. Its not hard to run around and kill someone and get many more points then possible from guarding sigs. Its very simple, most points in factions are NOT being generated due to sigils, most are being generated by the new kill bonuses.

If GL really had the best guilds and pvpers, wouldn't you think that a group of players would be able to get and control the sigils. Unless EVERY guild or pvper has the same skill range, there is no reason why sigils wouldn't be constantly corrupted. The one situation in which your logic would actually work would simply be if everyone who joined factions or was involved in faction fighting all pvped on the same level, in which case, yes the sigils wouldn't change hands very often, as the winner of the fight would be based entirely off which group had the most numbers, but then GL would just be one of those zerg shards.

I would really like to know how having the best players prevents killing, Yes the great pvpers would stay alive longer, but the great pvpers would also be better at killing, so having a shard full of the best pvpers is pointless. Great Lakes doesn't have the best players, simple. If it did, you don't think that some of them would transfer off to another shard and completely dominate that shard? I've seen guilds transfer from shard to shard from mostly ATL and Chessy, I can't recall any guild coming from GL completely dominating another shard. Lets be honest, GL might have some good pvpers and guilds, but it just doesn't have the best.

GL is nothing special, it just isn't. It does have good pvp, just not anything better then any other shard.

Stussywear

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You speak yet again....boring.:sleep2:
Anyway, not a hard concept. You posted a pic with 4 punkte and rank 10. As stated before the only reason you have rank 10 is based off the relationship to the amount of points in the factions. Great Lakes isn't very faction involved if the highest points in COM is only 107. That is an extremely small number compared to an active faction shard. In your case 4 punkte will get you rank 10, but only because of the low participation among the Council Of Mages factions on your shard. :lick:

If you would like to be more exact in what I should heed, please do so. I have sat online at 5:55pm on my character, had points transferred to that character, checked my rank( it was 1), waited 5 minutes until 6:00pm and then checked my rank, and amazingly(not really) I had my rank 10.I am an active faction player on Legends, Atl, Chessy, Siege, and at times TC. I have had my rank update on all of these shards at 6:00pm est.
Please tell me that GL factions is completely different then any other shard.
This is Origin's Minax point leaders. On a character i have 29 points and am not rank 10. So I dont understand how what you're saying is correct.

Member Kill Points
Trinity 83
RedThorn 66
Dope Boy Fresh 65
Myon 58
Myon 57
Zindool 56
Myon 55
Bobby the Rat 47
Tsuvani 46
Toi Masheen 43

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is Origin's Minax point leaders. On a character i have 29 points and am not rank 10. So I dont understand how what you're saying is correct.
Thats because he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...pointless dribble...

If GL really had the best guilds and pvpers, wouldn't you think that a group of players would be able to get and control the sigils. Unless EVERY guild or pvper has the same skill range, there is no reason why sigils wouldn't be constantly corrupted.

... more dribble ...

Great Lakes doesn't have the best players, simple. If it did, you don't think that some of them would transfer off to another shard and completely dominate that shard?

... insert dribble ...

GL is nothing special, it just isn't. It does have good pvp, just not anything better then any other shard.
No one cares to get the sigils, whats the point? You spend 4 hours guarding, and finally can take a break, only to have the sigils in someone elses control 6 hours later? What incentive is there? Killpoints???

Great Lakes PvPers actually WANT to PvP against other good PvPers. Why would we transfer to some schmuck shard to never get challenged at a spawn?

L

[LGND]

Stussy how long has your character had that many points? If its more then 24 hours and you're not rank 10 on that char, your character is "more broken" then the rest of factions currently is.

Lynk, you went through and noted that I posted dribble, but did you actually read what I posted before noting it as not worth your time? I don't think so. I said most of the points are coming from kill bonuses, not sigs. If GL is all about the killing and only the killing since sigs aren't worth it, and since you guys have the "best" pvpers, GL would have more points than any other shard. For the highest person in COM, the faction you are in, to have so few points shows that GL is not all about the PVP. People on legends get hundreds of points transferred around daily. Why do so many points get transferred around so often? Is it because of Sigils? No, it is because of PVP. If the players on legends can get more points then the ones on GL, the only real explanation is that the pvp on legends is better, which is funny because the pvp on legends isn't that good, its actually pretty crappy.

Anyway so you don't have to strain to read that ^, I'll go ahead and sum it up for you. If GL has the best pvp and pvpers, GL would than also have the most faction kill points. The math is very simple. 4 hours to get 10 kill points for sigs, or less then 5 minutes to kill someone and most likely get a lot more then 10. The incentive for guarding the sigs is to create a fight. 4 hours of fighting is normally good pvp.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A thief on an inactive shard could garner himself 400+ points without ever having to fight, in a single 24-hour period.

Kills are only yielding points because the sigil points have been distributed. If a particular shard is managing to generate even 240 points a day through sigils, that vastly outweighs the points being generated for in-town kills and Order/Chaos kills.

I'd say GL generates less than 80 points a day though sigs. The towns often go a couple days without being recaptured. Easily more than half of these points have been transferred to dummy characters to keep them snuggled away.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Originally Posted by [LGND]
I'm fat.

Agreed.

Lmao.

Everyone thinks the shard they play on has the best pvp. But you're welcome to come to GL LGND and we'll show you how its done. I would hardly equate more points equates better pvp after the publish. While
this is true:

If you were to kill a Shadow Lord with 30 points in a warzone on a TB or COM Character, you would receive 9 kill points and the Shadow Lord would lose only 3.
it just means you're all dieing way to much and are incurring more point exchange.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[QUOTE='[LGND]

If GL really had the best guilds and pvpers, wouldn't you think that a group of players would be able to get and control the sigils. Unless EVERY guild or pvper has the same skill range, there is no reason why sigils wouldn't be constantly corrupted. [/QUOTE]

GL has very evenly distributed talent. Why don't you come to GL with all your buddies and put your money where your mouth is. No one cares about points here because everyone realizes how easy it is to get them. Every fights and every dies so the points are ridiculous like all the other shards who have nothing but huge alliances vs punching bag guilds.

Everyone fights for the most part. TB only fights out of houses. But Minax SL and CoM get a lot of good fights.