• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Questions

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys

As a player totally new to factions i have some specific questions. Yes I do realize there is a faction guide but it seems to miss some info..or I overread it:blushing:

Here are my questions:

1. If i have a faction war horse does it make sense to train it lets say to the max? Can I own two or take two out of the stable for training reasons?

2. can I transfer a war horse to a friend provided he is in the same faction with enough rank?

3.to acquire certain faction arties you need a minimum rank..Is the rank eqquivalent to the point system? Like if I had 9 points (when I say count score for example) ...does that mean i have a level 9 faction rannk?

4. Can i give faction arties to a friend if he has the same faction rank?

5. I read here earlier killing faction monsters will increase your rank? And if yes was this intended?

6. If I get in stat loss can I time it out being a ghost?

7. I have faction rank 3 and wear a faction rank3 item and i get killed a few times causing me to go under rank 3 can i still wear the item i got at the faction vendor? or will it drop in my pack?

I sure do hope i get some thourough info:D

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Hi guys

As a player totally new to factions i have some specific questions. Yes I do realize there is a faction guide but it seems to miss some info..or I overread it:blushing:

Here are my questions:

1. If i have a faction war horse does it make sense to train it lets say to the max? Can I own two or take two out of the stable for training reasons?
they are just tuff horses, so training them dosnt add TOO much too them, ive seen it done though, they do do some damage when trained, but not enough to make it worth while, and yes you can own as many as you want and have 2 out at once.

2. can I transfer a war horse to a friend provided he is in the same faction with enough rank?
yes, there is no rank requirement for OWNING a war horse, so you can transfer it to anyone in the same faction

3.to acquire certain faction arties you need a minimum rank..Is the rank eqquivalent to the point system? Like if I had 9 points (when I say count score for example) ...does that mean i have a level 9 faction rannk?
you can BUY the faction arties at any time, you need RANK to wear them. if you dont have high enough rank you wont be able to wear the higher end ones. the rank system has allways been messed up, the more points you have the higher your rank..... KINDA.... it dosnt allways work that way, but the more points you have the better your chances of being higher rank, you can check your rank on the faction stone IN your sigil room inside your base, you can also check your FACTION TITLE, each title has a rank, that is listed in the faction 101 above, each faction has a different names for different levels

4. Can i give faction arties to a friend if he has the same faction rank?
you can give it too him, but he wont be able to wear it, they are ACCOUNT bound. so another toon from your account can wear them IF they are in factions and have the rank for it, but no, your friend wont be able to wear it

5. I read here earlier killing faction monsters will increase your rank? And if yes was this intended?
no, does not increase your rank

6. If I get in stat loss can I time it out being a ghost?
yup, stat lose dosnt care if your alive or dead, its just a hard 20 minute hit to your skills.

7. I have faction rank 3 and wear a faction rank3 item and i get killed a few times causing me to go under rank 3 can i still wear the item i got at the faction vendor? or will it drop in my pack?
nope, you need that rank to wear that item, if you drop down you wont be able to wear them and they will not let you equipt them

I sure do hope i get some thourough info:D
wish granted

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
years ago during the faction hay days there was a fella named BLATZ

he was a swordsman
he use to have 2 fully trained war horse that would follow him around everywhere.

he would put them onto the fella he was fighting and then start swinging away.

they seemed to work good for him.

i think it was more of a mass distraction thing then anything.

i have a couple fully trained ones, they are good for killing small stuff like cows and goats, hahahaha

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

he was a swordsman
he use to have 2 fully trained war horse that would follow him around everywhere.

i have a couple fully trained ones, they are good for killing small stuff like cows and goats, hahahaha
Thx for answering my questions poo.. I actally didnt meant to train a warhorse up for fighting but rather for survival reasons..I thought if he had GM wrestle and such it might help the horsey to stay alive a bit..And btw try killing my Sarah Palin! That is my 4 time Gm goat my fisherman has :))

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another qeustion:

I heard that bonded war horses will only bond and stay bonded if the faction city is a winner or does lose its sigil?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
when you buy a warhorse it is the exact same as any other animal.
it will bond and 7 days and bond with you and stay with you for ever.

it has nothing to do with the towns your faction owns or anything like that.

the only thing that matters is that you are STILL in the faction to ride that warhourse.

if you are NOT in a faction and you take your warhorse out and give it a order it will instantly go wild.

i have 4 on a shard, one from each faction, and all are bonded and in the same stable.

i can take them out and show them to people and such.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thx for answering my questions poo.. I actally didnt meant to train a warhorse up for fighting but rather for survival reasons..I thought if he had GM wrestle and such it might help the horsey to stay alive a bit..And btw try killing my Sarah Palin! That is my 4 time Gm goat my fisherman has :))
i have a fully trained chicken!

my treasure hunters on a couple shards, and a couple of my blacksmiths have fully trained pack beetles.

they actually do a lot of damage!

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a fully trained chicken!

my treasure hunters on a couple shards, and a couple of my blacksmiths have fully trained pack beetles.

they actually do a lot of damage!
My smitty has a fully trained fire and rune beetle..and my fisherman has two fully trained lowland bouras (dont need taming) with alot of hp for dungeoun fishing

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nuke,

I train my mount's resist and wrestle to GM so when my opponent tries to poison it, it has a chance to resist and I can remount quickly without having to cure it. I have never used war horses to kill anything, it is all defense.

Faction artifacts are character bound not account bound. So you can't buy artifacts on one character and use them on another even on the same account. Make sure you buy your arties with the right character!

You won't lose your rank until the rank is checked. I used to know what time rank was checked on my shard, like 5 PM but it has changed. Just pay attention to when your rank changes and take note of the time. So if your shard requires 3 million points for rank 9 and you have over that when rank is checked (lets say 5 PM) you are good until the next check (the next day at 5 PM) even if you lost every one of your points after 5 PM. You would then have until the next day to make your points back up. However, especially on shards that have billions of points rank fluctuates a lot. So, if it was 3 million one day for rank 9 it could be 3.1 million the next day.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that on the West Coast servers or at least on LA, it updated the rankings around 10pm central time. At one point in time it was pretty much around 3pm, then it moved to around 5-6pm a couple months ago and now 10pm. I don't know if it has to do with all the server downtime times they have done recently.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Faction artifacts are character bound not account bound. So you can't buy artifacts on one character and use them on another even on the same account. Make sure you buy your arties with the right character!.
That's strange, cause I've switched stuff between guys on the same account before, and I've also seen people who have done it too, wearing stuff that is not labeled to them, but a known alt.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's strange, cause I've switched stuff between guys on the same account before, and I've also seen people who have done it too, wearing stuff that is not labeled to them, but a known alt.
Poo,

If you have some time and characters in factions on the same shard and account could you give it a try again? I tested it out on my account before making the post to ensure I wasn't crazy and it didn't work for me. It gave me the same message I would get if I was trying it between accounts.

I am definitely curious to know if something changed. Some faction arties I've had forever and if something changed and the newly purchased arties don't have this requirement that would be very interesting!

Thanks!

Oh one more thing about faction arties with a different name being used on a character. I used a name change on a character once who had arties and it took a while for the arties to update their owner name. I am not sure if that is what you saw but just tossing it out there.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i have boxes of those sitting around on different shards, admittedly i haven't switched stuff over in a long time.

but i know for sure that a guild mate deleted a toon and made a new one and moved the gear over from one to the other.

ill log in and go have a look, maybe it was something that got fixed.
wouldn't surprise me, hehe

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Faction arties are definitely character bound.

If you see someone wearing an arty that is tied to a different name than that character, it is because they used a name change token.

K

Kylas

he was a swordsman

When they first introduced war horses they where very much the killing machines. It didn't last long.. But I more then once had them trample down some poor sap trying to get away.

Factions had other issues of course.

Dig