• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Poll Results

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basing arguments off that poll seems kind pointless, wouldn't exactly say there were many participants and the highest picked option only had 26 votes. The options were also very vague; there was really only one option that included anything about armor and all it had for the description was removal of requirements to obtain it. It said nothing about anything else you were suggesting slayer so stop trying to claim credit for people agreeing with your ideas or anything you've said based off of that poll. If you were to edit that option to include your ideas you can't assume the results would be the same. You just need to accept the fact that not everything is going to agree with you on this regardless of how many times you keep posting.
Well, 1st the poll is not made by me. It was made by Berethrain.

2nd, I didnt ask Berethrain to make that poll.

3rd, we all wouldn't know whether the poll mean anything nor is it important or not. But I am taking it as a reference for that majority are supporting the idea of removing of the rank requirement inside the poll

4th, I am voicing my opinion here, and I am simply replying to you guys arguement. Whether you agree or not, I couldn't control you or twist your mind to agree. But the point is I have got the right to propose and I have got the right to reply to someone who disagree about my point.

That's all I gonna say.

Moreover, you've read my 1/10 parts of my proposal and even yourself have mentioned that the ideas are awesome.

So?????

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, given the sample size of stratics and those interested in factions, that amount of participants was likely to be low and I expected that when posting the poll.

But given the sample size I would think it big enough to give some sort of an idea for factions. Maybe not to dictate a change but gather a general census from stratics users.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, 1st the poll is not made by me. It was made by Berethrain.

2nd, I didnt ask Berethrain to make that poll.

3rd, we all wouldn't know whether the poll mean anything nor is it important or not. But I am taking it as a reference for that majority are supporting the idea of removing of the rank requirement inside the poll

4th, I am voicing my opinion here, and I am simply replying to you guys arguement. Whether you agree or not, I couldn't control you or twist your mind to agree. But the point is I have got the right to propose and I have got the right to reply to someone who disagree about my point.

That's all I gonna say.

Moreover, you've read my 1/10 parts of my proposal and even yourself have mentioned that the ideas are awesome.

So?????
Lol, good one except I have read all your points hence me agreeing with it. I wouldn't if I only read 1/10. My only point was exacttly what was said in my post though, don't try to read more into it. You guys just keep going back and forth saying the same thing but with different words, thought i'd toss that in but given your reply I see it was rather futile.

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Again Slayer I am thinking that as long as factions is all about artifacts then there is nothing left for saving. If folks don't want to do it for the sake of it being something fun to do there is no reason to have it. What factions needs is something that makes it more fun to do factions. Rewards for holding towns penalties for not hold any. Although I think that anything that attempts to set times is a complete waste of time as folks are on when they can be. I think the first thing they should do is work on fixing and revamping the bases. Then I think that the stat timer needs to go down to about 10 minutes. I personally think that they should either keep the brackets as they are or just remove arties altogether and come up with something else as a reward. Maybe the rank 10 folks should get a better warhorse or extra mana. Something that makes it worth their time.
Factions isn't all about arties, it's about pvping. The problem is that to compete in pvp, especially in factions, you need a couple viable chars per shard that you play with high end suits. Faction items enable the masses (not just the big time players) to compete in pvp. I still dump almost all of my assests into keeping my pvp suits viable even using faction arties. I have 3 faction chars on my main shard plus a faction sampire. 3 of those chars use faction arties and one only uses the crimmy. That's all I can keep up with as new publishes come out and everyone gets better. You don't have the have the MOST up to date suit to effectively pvp, but you have to have a pretty freakin good one. If there weren't faction arties, I would only be able to field 1 char and that would suck big time.

Actually, right now, I'm in the middle of that because I can't get my faction rank high enough right now to get my lvl7 and 9 arties my guys use. I have 1 char right now to play. It blows.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Factions isn't all about arties, it's about pvping. The problem is that to compete in pvp, especially in factions, you need a couple viable chars per shard that you play with high end suits. Faction items enable the masses (not just the big time players) to compete in pvp. I still dump almost all of my assests into keeping my pvp suits viable even using faction arties. I have 3 faction chars on my main shard plus a faction sampire. 3 of those chars use faction arties and one only uses the crimmy. That's all I can keep up with as new publishes come out and everyone gets better. You don't have the have the MOST up to date suit to effectively pvp, but you have to have a pretty freakin good one. If there weren't faction arties, I would only be able to field 1 char and that would suck big time.

Actually, right now, I'm in the middle of that because I can't get my faction rank high enough right now to get my lvl7 and 9 arties my guys use. I have 1 char right now to play. It blows.
Even when you do get your rank up it will be gone tomorrow. Don't bother until they fix it... if they plan to.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I guess we will collectively have to hold our breath waiting for some reply from people who build the game but neither play, understand, communicate or care....wonderful. I can only imagine the annoyance of those unlucky enough to have paid for shard transfers with real cash and cannot use the chars they sent.

I can run one shard and have given up on the other four.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm disappointed they Devs haven't said anything about it. However as far as character transfers, the points are wiped after the transfer so if they're this dependant on faction gear they wouldn't have been able to use the character anyways.

I've not had a response from the bug report I've sent in about the points decay either.

Hopefully they will acknowledge the handfull of threads here and continue on with wiping all the points and fixing the point decay, if not altogether getting rid of it for now.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm disappointed they Devs haven't said anything about it. However as far as character transfers, the points are wiped after the transfer so if they're this dependant on faction gear they wouldn't have been able to use the character anyways.

I've not had a response from the bug report I've sent in about the points decay either.

Hopefully they will acknowledge the handfull of threads here and continue on with wiping all the points and fixing the point decay, if not altogether getting rid of it for now.
A fair amount of people sent gear and premade suits based upon the notion of faction fighting with faction items to other shards, it's these poor souls whom I was talking about.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Points go to 0 when you transfer. It doesn't matter if they send the gear. They still have to get points to wear the items. So, they'd be in the same situation they are in now. Only difference now is that the ranks are botched.

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats not entirely true, at one point u did have to get the points. However, for most of us those transfers happened a long time ago. I had 10 active shards before this publish now I have one and I can barely keep my suit on my main shard. I dont do trammy things, I dont have extensive amounts of gold. So now on all those other shards I cant get points cuz im running around with 44 resists and 0/0 casting. The second thing is this ranking system does not make sense, they should have wiped all points completely, cuz the point mules still have to have massive points. We are the only com guild on my shard, I have the highest points in that guild and I ping pong between rank 9 and rank 7. So who the hell has rank 10 if none of us do? it doesnt make sense at all.

Andy316

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pvp is dead...... Good job with the faction changes EA... Looks like im going to be closing my accouts

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats not entirely true, at one point u did have to get the points.
What do you mean it's not true? You don't even stay in factions after the transfer. At least this was the case for me a week ago.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What do you mean it's not true? You don't even stay in factions after the transfer. At least this was the case for me a week ago.
We all know that you leave the current faction that you were in prior to transfer but its the ablity to multi shard that everyone is talking about. It is near impossible to have more than one shard going and maintain rank. I've lost the ablity to wear my stuff on a single guy if I don't get a kill every day.

I wonder if those that were in factions but have not logged in for months are counting towards faction score...for sure this is borked.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A fair amount of people sent gear and premade suits based upon the notion of faction fighting with faction items to other shards, it's these poor souls whom I was talking about.
I must have misunderstood this then, my apologies.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Been out a few days. Any word on this from the dev team?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not that I'm aware of. They're staying true to form. I expect much of the same result like that of the last time they worked on factions.

I left it as a question to the devs in that forum but it was deleted. They are more concerned about answering things about earth elementals graphics.

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i am for removal of rank on gear and increased penalty in tram useing the gear! do that and you might get me to go back to doing things in fel more i did enjoy factions for awhile but the grind was silly just to wear suff! and seriously WTF why the hell did they ever put increased mods on pre existing arties that was just a slap in the face of all the players who have found them themselfs in the course of playing! was a total load of #@%^ I have no prob with some incentives to join factions i just think that it should be the same item as it was originally a crystalline ring with 3 fcr OMG so

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guys it looks like this is the new normal the gear is gone. Also the ask the devs forum post didn't get deleted they have just not answered it its moderated.

A

Anon McDougle

I just dont understand the ave PVPer i guess. IF fighting is all you really want to do you should need nothing more than another like minded person or persons everyone can fight naked or in GM plate. So my qusetion i guess is what do you really want? NOONBs to kill ?? insurance money? money from PS ?? I just dont get it ???

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Logged on three shards yesterday to find no one on, and I don't think it's just in Fel anymore.
Life is slowly being choked out of the game.
Lack of communication between "us" and "them" and the dev team trying to fit a square peg into a round hole with quests that turn into grinds contributes to some of the major "lack of player" issues. People just don't feel like logging on.
I guess it's ok as long as we keep paying for accounts. Who cares if we actually play anymore or not.
"Just hang on til the 15th anniversary guys we have stuff planned!"
Meh.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only solution to retreive PVP and faction is to hire me as the developer of Factions. That's all I have to say.

Anyways, speaking of fact, I already customized several sets for my pvpers and pvmer in my main shard, so I won't even bother to waste my time here suggesting or argue things anymore.

But as for cross shards, I think its over for me.

Meatbread

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Not reading the entire thread so I don't know if it's been said already, but making factioners attackable in Trammel would eliminate all the "TRAMMIES ARE JUST IN FACTIONS TO GET GEAR" (or whatever) concerns.

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either:
A) Bite the bullet. Hire an imbuer. Adjust your gear.

or

B) Cut down on the number of shards you pvp on because let's face it, there really aren't many shards that still pvp.

or

C) Take your ball and go home.

By the way, ATL still has factioners running around in fel, and I'm easy to find. I have zero faction pieces on since I switched factions yesterday, so I should be an easy enough kill for ya!

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Either:
A) Bite the bullet. Hire an imbuer. Adjust your gear.

or

B) Cut down on the number of shards you pvp on because let's face it, there really aren't many shards that still pvp.

or

C) Take your ball and go home.

By the way, ATL still has factioners running around in fel, and I'm easy to find. I have zero faction pieces on since I switched factions yesterday, so I should be an easy enough kill for ya!
Sad to say but I think that alot of people will choose option C, which is the worst of them all. Myself, a die hard supporter of this game, have virtually given up. This change has reduced my guild on Napa to a bunch of people who have not been able to reach rank 7 or better for more than a day at best despite being the only COM guild on the whole shard. I would be forced to remake 6 suits for my chars if I cared to do such, it is not as simple as swapping one thing out for another as you know.

How on earth can the only guild in a faction on a shard not be able to have a char reach rank 7 or better for more than a day? You would think that by default there would have to be a few of us that would be at the top rank but it is not the case. The lack of communication from the dev team on this and most any topic is more than annoying, it is nearly insane. There is no great thread from Messana stating what on earth they were thinking or what the go forward plan is, come on it is part of the job to tell us what, why and when you plan on doing but the only time it seems that they speak is when some moron manages to delete or lose a item or a EM event borks something.

There were 200-300 people, in my random estimate, who played factions but none of them were calling for this change. Fix the point issue, yes. Reduce everyone to not being able to use half the items, don't recall that as a topic.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Sad to say but I think that alot of people will choose option C, which is the worst of them all. Myself, a die hard supporter of this game, have virtually given up. This change has reduced my guild on Napa to a bunch of people who have not been able to reach rank 7 or better for more than a day at best despite being the only COM guild on the whole shard. I would be forced to remake 6 suits for my chars if I cared to do such, it is not as simple as swapping one thing out for another as you know.

How on earth can the only guild in a faction on a shard not be able to have a char reach rank 7 or better for more than a day? You would think that by default there would have to be a few of us that would be at the top rank but it is not the case. The lack of communication from the dev team on this and most any topic is more than annoying, it is nearly insane. There is no great thread from Messana stating what on earth they were thinking or what the go forward plan is, come on it is part of the job to tell us what, why and when you plan on doing but the only time it seems that they speak is when some moron manages to delete or lose a item or a EM event borks something.

There were 200-300 people, in my random estimate, who played factions but none of them were calling for this change. Fix the point issue, yes. Reduce everyone to not being able to use half the items, don't recall that as a topic.
QFT

S

Sevin0oo0

I hate to bump this but could we get some reply from the dev team, please?
Reply? What did you ask them? What, that many here don't know how to get along? doesn't need a reply does it?
Maybe someone could summarize about how the group feels in general? and bring all the points forward, they're not gonna read thru this mess. It looked like the thread started off well, but how did it end? Or maybe I missed that thread of concerns? Being PVP related, at some point doesn't the mix of PVP vs PVM have to weigh in? Will rules for one work for the other? There's always problems, so Should they? Is it even mechanically possible? That's what I'd ask a dev to comment on

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Reply? What did you ask them? What, that many here don't know how to get along? doesn't need a reply does it?
Maybe someone could summarize about how the group feels in general? and bring all the points forward, they're not gonna read thru this mess. It looked like the thread started off well, but how did it end? Or maybe I missed that thread of concerns? Being PVP related, at some point doesn't the mix of PVP vs PVM have to weigh in? Will rules for one work for the other? There's always problems, so Should they? Is it even mechanically possible? That's what I'd ask a dev to comment on
I believe we are looking for a reply about the bugged decay rate of faction points. Perhaps a better explanation of how it's supposed to work, because it's obviously not working as intended.

S

Sevin0oo0

Thanks Flutter, for not hitting me with your whip. I had looked in the Bug tracking section and missed it. If it's lack of game information relating to a change, perhaps just PM several asking if they could expand on the current functions?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Thanks Flutter, for not hitting me with your whip. I had looked in the Bug tracking section and missed it. If it's lack of game information relating to a change, perhaps just PM several asking if they could expand on the current functions?
I did. In fact one time I waited till a dev was actually posting and PMd him. We're getting no reply. I can tell you most of my alliance, if not my shard, has moved on, some quitting the game entirely so, yes, many people are "over it" so to speak. It's just so sad to see what's happening to our game and the little voice we as players are getting. An arbitrary "fix" may or may not go in during the next publish, but by then I'm afraid it will be too late for my shard (if it isn't already) and most other shards as small or smaller than mine. My alliance loved being in factions, so much so that we haven't quit the faction, but we have no idea how the points are working. I've posted a few times in this thread and others about trying to work it out for ourselves, but there is no rhyme or reason we can find for the way the points decay. It's not that I'm not rank 10 anymore. It's that I haven't figured out how to earn and keep enough points on my shard to keep it. Even stealing sigils and transferring the points to my mage doesn't work. The next day some odd % of points is gone, the next I am down to 2-0. (It's a small shard, we know who has the points in our faction. It's not like someone else is higher)

If someone from the dev team would have just stepped up and said "we hear you" or "we are working on it" or even "screw factions" I think a lot of people wouldn't have reacted the way they have and given up. I think if people got some sort of communication regarding this it would have ended up differently.

Half of my alliance has gone to Trammel to grind. The other half has transferred to Atlantic just to have a decent pvp fight.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After the first week of no response I lost motivation to continue to post on the subject. Sad to admit it, but unless something extremely time consuming is going on in the backround it does not appear to be of high importance. The single most frustrating thing with this game to me is lack of communication with developers (Grimm excluded, hes a freaking pro and an example of what is helpful and encouraging to players), any other top tier game has developers that will post something to keep players informed. A simple "We are aware of the issue and we are looking into solutions." would have gone a long way several weeks ago...

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, as Miss Flutter said I am asking for some information about what has happened to factions, why no one seems to be able to hold and maintain rank and what the go forward game plan is.

I am pissed off, this has ruined my guild's will to play for a varity of reasons such as:
Firstly, we were happily to use to the suits that we had and there was not a point issue on Napa(I did run two guys on ATL and never had a issue there plus one on Origin, Baja, Pac, LS and chessy). We are now left with suits that gold has been spent on being built around these items and they no longer work.
Secondly, it has destroyed the daily PvP that use to occur on the shard. My guild is not the only one that has this issue and where there was 20+ people whom you could count on seeing thoughout the week it's now 5 at best and those 5 are not enough to kill and collect points from due to the rules of point loss.
Third, and the worst of them all, no one can answer what is going on. My guild, like many others, runs a Ventrilo server and this is the daily topic of conversation but neither myself, as a daily stratics reader, or anyone else can shed light on this issue. There is no information as to a work around other than "rebuild your suit", "don't multi shard" or "quit playing". You can't steal sigils, transfer points and maintain rank. You can't log out for a day and expect to be able to fight tomorrow. And you can't kill enough people to even use one suit.

If I had a forum to talk to my clients such as this I would use it and chat as often as I could. Granted this is far from the most freindly place at times but such is life and it's a issue with the long term communication aspect that the collective dev team has brought to Stratics. I do expect them to read this dribble as the thread has been up for a while and it's not hard to follow the issue. I read all of the threads that intrest me, plus I work, raise two children, walk the dog, annoy my wife, attempt to play this game and live life.

S

Sevin0oo0

You have to know they read the boards, both of them to an extent. While I'm sure every PM may not be receive a personally return, system concerns should be addressed rather than side-stepped like dog poop on the sidewalk. I can remember in the old days checking a website (myuo.com?) for shard downages and such, guess there's a lot in UO that just doesn't work anymore.

At one time I, like others thought many were just over-passionate about select issues and just needed to chill, and relax a little. Let the Devs work their magic while they're integrating newness into the game. Maybe something else was coming that explained things and made things work together properly. Like all of the puzzle isn't here yet. Yeah, I've been waiting too, that day's never come.

slayer888

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As long as UO doesn't hire me as the faction developer, there will be no light in faction and pvp related to it. Period.

Anyways,

faction guarding sigils for 10 straight hours is a failure
faction kill points associating with faction artifacts is a failure
faction is just a total failure as long as you need to keep someone to be a nerd in order to compete

But, I won't even bother anymore because I have already set up suits necessary for my pvp on my main shard. But so sad that the cross shards characters can no longer be used unless I am to bring over an imbue and pvmer char there to get the resources, which I won't ever do it.

This is a game. Not my life.

UO is a failure for implementing too much boring stuffs, boring repetitive stuffs. As long as this repetitive procedure goes on, UO will be closed one day.

Gotta be open mind and start creating some random occasions and events and not some crappy grindings, such as maintain kill points, guard sigils 10 hours, then have all those decay in less than 1 week ***YAWN***

Like I mentioned, pvpers are to log into the game to pvp, not to do boring stuffs, keeping up kill points to maintain their faction artifacts every single few days is a big step to failure in faction which I have predicted in Feb when they have the patch notes. But seems NO BODY trusts me? LOL TOO BAD TOO SAD :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Whoa, think you gotta step off that self-made pedestal for a little bit slayer, lmao.
lol
While I wouldn't vote for slayer for developer, at least he's still fighting for the cause.
Most have just given up.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol
While I wouldn't vote for slayer for developer, at least he's still fighting for the cause.
Most have just given up.
Yeah it is admirable that he's still fighting and he has a few good ideas, but for him to claim the be the only hope for fixing factions and faction pvp is beyond ridiculous. lol