• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Points.....

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no longer mean a damn thing. One guild has over 1000 points on one shard. Gee, thanks devs for that p.o.s. publish. :thumbup1:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Make the goal to be your faction has all the points.
This means killing the hell out of enemy factions and not allowing their theives access to the sigils.
Still all means the same thing it always has.

S

Saleena

This means killing the hell out of enemy factions and not allowing their theives access to the sigils.
Good Point, but with the corruption times as they are now its kind of hard to keep people on around the clock. I agree the publish was not a good one.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
o_O

Points never meant a damn thing....
They didn't mean a lot, but they did mean something. Now they mean absolutely nothing. The system was never even designed to handle this many points. The average number was supposed to be 8-10, not 100.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of course they wouldn't to a thief. But to the rest of us that pvp, it was shown as a skill level over the rest. It meant the more points you had, the better you were. Guess over all, it meant bragging rights.

This will never happen. One faction is loaded more than the others combined, let alone all the carebears coming in and giving points away.

Whatever point it had is now gone.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The system never showed skill. I can't remember if you were in the group Ber, I know some of the core TB were, but there used to be 5-6 of us that ran around field-fighting SL years back. We were always outnumbered. There was no greed. One mage did nothing but xheal, I did nothing but remove curse and mortal, and there were maybe 2 people in the group that always took the kill shots. We consistently won battles where we were outnumbered at a ratio of 2:1. However, because of the way the point system worked, we never ever got any points.

Meanwhile we controlled all the towns. Won all the battles. The ******* farming his points and the kill-stealing stealth archers had all the "skill", though.

I say again, points never meant ****.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to think that showed skill as a group, regardless who got the point. But I digress.

I think the stealth archer bit is funny though, you're spot on there.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem was, nobody got the point! The way the system works, the people assigned to take the kill always got the message "You have recently killed this blah blah blah" message. Meanwhile, because they had so many more people, when we did die we often lost a point. We'd lose a point for every death, but never get it back. In the end most of this winning group was -6.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the end most of this winning group was -6.
The way most people play today, not caring whether they die or not, is why you would always be at -6. People who don't run up to a dozen oranges carelessly would be able to retain their points.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*thinks back on all the times he suicides to save a compatriot or sigil*

I regret nothing.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
o_O

They used to give a good bearing on skill if you obtained them through only pvping. They may not have ment much to the punching bags who never had them,, but they did to some people.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem was, nobody got the point!
I rarely was in the negatives and don't consider myself being a heavy hitter. Most of the time I fought alone anyways.

The point moreso being if there was ever a point to factions ( no pun intended ) there isnt any now. Theyve managed to **** it entirely. Both sigils and points. I might as well go waste money on WoW. At least it has better graphics.

A

Altec

well points mean nothing now. Rank has always meant nothing. Once you get your colored ponies towns mean nothing. So whats the reason to join factions now. Seeing this publishing was suppose to make factions so much better and get more people in to them.

Honestly I would take some bug fixes over any of the publishings we have recieved in the last 3 years. ML was a decent add but other than that all deco garbage.

They continue to feed the greed of the bank sitting trammy trash and still wonder why more and more people are leaving.

What I really like is how instead of fixing all these bugs they just ban the people that are smart enought to find them. LOL.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I faction because killing people means something. Not points, not silver, but stat loss. Stat is what makes factions great, to me. Regular PvP is crap, I haven't participated in it since before SE came out. People die, they rez, they're right back in the fight full-force within seconds.

Factions is PvP with a purpose, even if that purpose is rather...purposeless....or something....something good!

All these cries for "items that remove stat loss" and "lower the stat timer!" To them I say, "BAH!" While we're at it, let's make it 30 minutes! HAR HAR HAR HAR.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*glares a bit*

Well, I love factions for the challenge of getting into a base on a "lowly" sneakylilgrannythief and getting out past pvpers alive and purple... keep the artifacts, the rewards and the points. When you see me run out of a defended base a lovely shade of purple, that is better than anything that could be displayed when I say "showscore"....

And BERE!!!!!!!! Darn you for killing me in Minax just a bit ago (especially since I was trying to talk to you).... why is it we are always on opposite sides on LS?

Then I came back on my mage (to try to talk to you) that I thought was resigned from SL (only to find she wasn't) and was promptly killed.... I am still laughing over that one....

"why the heck is that guy attacking me when I am trying to be friendly..... oh CRAP...." *grey screen*

S

Sasori

Well ive sat back and read these post some people write complaining about this new faction publish how about taking a look at it from a diferent view how about take a guild that sats and defends the sigils and captures them and the thief gets there 10 - 80 kill points depending on how many sigils they was guarding well i dont know how others do it but my guild the thiefs distribute those points to the players in the guild that was helping defend the sigils instead of being point hogs which in turns get my guild members better rank to wear better faction gear. oh and why do we do this well how about the ones that guard the sigils deserve the points so thats why. So the ones that are complaining about this new publish how about learning what factions mean. fac·tion 1 (fāk'shən) Pronunciation Key
n.
A group of persons forming a cohesive, usually contentious minority within a larger group.
Conflict within an organization or nation; internal dissension: "Our own beloved country . . . is now afflicted with faction and civil war" (Abraham Lincoln). So having said that you whiners can go quit factions go back to your trammel bank satting or yew gate ganking, i think this publish was great gotten more people intrested in factions awesome job on publish 56!:thumbup:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well ive sat back and read these post some people write complaining about this new faction publish how about taking a look at it from a diferent view how about take a guild that sats and defends the sigils and captures them and the thief gets there 10 - 80 kill points depending on how many sigils they was guarding well i dont know how others do it but my guild the thiefs distribute those points to the players in the guild that was helping defend the sigils instead of being point hogs which in turns get my guild members better rank to wear better faction gear. oh and why do we do this well how about the ones that guard the sigils deserve the points so thats why. So the ones that are complaining about this new publish how about learning what factions mean. fac·tion 1 (fāk'shən) Pronunciation Key
n.
A group of persons forming a cohesive, usually contentious minority within a larger group.
Conflict within an organization or nation; internal dissension: "Our own beloved country . . . is now afflicted with faction and civil war" (Abraham Lincoln). So having said that you whiners can go quit factions go back to your trammel bank satting or yew gate ganking, i think this publish was great gotten more people intrested in factions awesome job on publish 56!:thumbup:
Getting a lot of kills guarding with your greater drag eh?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should have just created another set called "Thief Points". Then faction kill points would not have been devalued and thieves could rack up there thousands of thief points and feel good about themselves.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should have just created another set called "Thief Points". Then faction kill points would not have been devalued and thieves could rack up there thousands of thief points and feel good about themselves.

Well JC, have you ever played a thief? Probably not, or you wouldn't be griping about the points we can earn at the moment. I will agree 10 points are a bit much, but why shouldn't thieves be allowed points, we are a support player to factions and without them, how do you suppose you would get the sigils to guard.

Factions are not about who has the most points, it is suppose to be about good versus evil.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Well JC, have you ever played a thief? Probably not, or you wouldn't be griping about the points we can earn at the moment. I will agree 10 points are a bit much, but why shouldn't thieves be allowed points, we are a support player to factions and without them, how do you suppose you would get the sigils to guard.

Factions are not about who has the most points, it is suppose to be about good versus evil.
Sure, he plays a thief. With 20 points stealing... Why? Because he can. Faction stealing should use real skill.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I do have a thief and have played him in a real capacity, as in stealing from live players. Taking sigils off a pedestal is absolutely no accomplishment at all, especially under the new system where towns reset multiple times per day. Stealing a +20 swordsmanship in the middle of 8 murderers who will take you down if you make the slightest mistake, that is an accomplishment.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Actually I do have a thief and have played him in a real capacity, as in stealing from live players. Taking sigils off a pedestal is absolutely no accomplishment at all, especially under the new system where towns reset multiple times per day. Stealing a +20 swordsmanship in the middle of 8 murderers who will take you down if you make the slightest mistake, that is an accomplishment.

I understand your agenda. You would either do away with faction thieves, or keep them in a subordinate role. Factions is meant to to facilitate team play. I hope Mythic sees your blustering posts as I do.

It is unfortunate that you discount the thieves. You are going to lose this one. Factions is about team play. You might have some good ideas, but you are stuck in warrior mode and hate to share any glory.

I would never be on your team.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
D. Trolling is prohibited.Trolling is whenever someone is clearly, deliberately posting in a manner for the purpose of angering and/or insulting the other participants of the board. Trolling DOES NOT encourage further discussion in the long run, it only encourages personal attacks (if left unchecked).

Yeah? Did I anger or insult you in any way? Did I encourage a personal attack?

I mearly said you have an agenda. I do too. My agenda is that factions should encourage team play. Warriors, thieves. and crafters.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow Kelmo is going after Link. This is awesome....

The way I look at it, is factions is a pvp system. Thieves are used in a big part of it to incorporate team work. Giving them points for getting the sig isnt a bad idea, but giving them 10 points for getting sig that takes only 6 hours to corrupt (which most of the time will get no raiding or defending) is just stupid.

Now everyone out there who is getting all rowdy because I'm against the thieves getting points... calm down.. im not. Read what I said again.

"Giving them points for getting the sig isnt a bad idea, but giving them 10 points for getting sigs that take only 6 hours to corrupt is just stupid."

10 points is too much... WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too much if its going to be giving you the same score as killing ppl.

It's not the only bad thing about this publish, to be completely honest, this publish is about 75% GARBAGE. Kill points are there for killing ppl, I'd go for thief points or something, I could care less, but as of right now, points are way to easy to get. Between 80 points for sigs and x2 and x3 points for killing opposite factions the points are just silly.

You can argue all you want but the system itself just doesn't work the way it is. But guess what, Devs decide to **** on the pvpers once again and put us to the side for the next couple of months while the carebears get off on the events...

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I understand your agenda. You would either do away with faction thieves, or keep them in a subordinate role. Factions is meant to to facilitate team play. I hope Mythic sees your blustering posts as I do.

It is unfortunate that you discount the thieves. You are going to lose this one. Factions is about team play. You might have some good ideas, but you are stuck in warrior mode and hate to share any glory.

And this is just a stupid ****ing post. Factions are for pvp, thieves should be subordinate. The day you can make an argument for nothing but thieves running around factions is the day you can make a post like this. If the factions was nothing but pvpers it would be fun, if it was nothing but thieves it would be.... beyond boring. So save the thieves should be equal bull****. They have a function in the factions and they should be happy not to be sitting out with the beggers.

Warrior mode is how every should be. Stealing, tinkering, remove trap... they are all just role players. Role players that have HUGE impacts in the pvp out come. With the points giving to thieves they just help inflate the factions with points. If the tinkerers, thieves and and trap removers can't get someone to transfer points to them, then that's their problem.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah? Did I anger or insult you in any way? Did I encourage a personal attack?
You tried to. Instead of continuing to discuss the issue at hand you very clearly tried to make it all about me.
Kelmo said:

Clearly a troll laden reply. Perhaps you didn't realize it.

Setting aside the trolling, your comments about team play are contradictory. You are demanding thieves to be rewarded many multiples more for less work than the rest of factions. Thieves are not the one guarding sigils. Thieves don't kill the attackers. They move sigils around. The brunt of the work is on the defenders who are lucky to get 1 kill point when defeating someone. While a thief is usually the only one around and does not have to compete for these ridiculously easy to acquire kill points.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Link. Kelmo is a joke and clearly doesn't know **** about factions. Maybe he should go back to moderating carebear auctions or other trammel stuffz he may be a little more familiar with.

lol... it was funny though. A moderator has a bad day and trolls somebody and that person just happens to be link. Now it's official,, Link is everyone's favorite forum punching bag.

S

Sasori

You tried to. Instead of continuing to discuss the issue at hand you very clearly tried to make it all about me.

Clearly a troll laden reply. Perhaps you didn't realize it.

Setting aside the trolling, your comments about team play are contradictory. You are demanding thieves to be rewarded many multiples more for less work than the rest of factions. Thieves are not the one guarding sigils. Thieves don't kill the attackers. They move sigils around. The brunt of the work is on the defenders who are lucky to get 1 kill point when defeating someone. While a thief is usually the only one around and does not have to compete for these ridiculously easy to acquire kill points.
Ok here a lil example for everyone factions = team work, work as a unit military force. u say the defenders are lucky to get 1 kill point well i guess thats why they made it 10 kill points to give the thieves for each sigil so maybe the thief in your faction can give kill points to the defenders upon capturing the sigils thats if your thief is not a point hog and wants to work as a team in the faction. So its kinda like giving medals and such in the military for either acomplishments or sacriface. so once again i say this is a great way to spread points to the people in your faction guild to keep there morals up and want to defend more just for that reason. oh yea and by the way my thief does guard the sigils how about setting up a thief so he can atleast defend him self lol. i would work along the line of ninjitsu spellweaving a weapon skill and of course thiefs skills but ill leave that to everyone to figure out. Wanna know what happens to your faction horses when u get dismounted and leave your horsey behide with my thief :bdh: hehe.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But that isn't playing a Faction thief, that is just a regular thief. How about getting out with the sigil while there are tons of the opposing factions trying to find you or better yet, (my personal favorite) tag team with your alliance thief buddy and taking one for the team so she can get out with the sigil. That is what a faction thief should do! My thief is in the thieves guild but I see no purpose in stealing a power scroll, that would benefit only myself and not others.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Link. Kelmo is a joke and clearly doesn't know **** about factions. Maybe he should go back to moderating carebear auctions or other trammel stuffz he may be a little more familiar with.

lol... it was funny though. A moderator has a bad day and trolls somebody and that person just happens to be link. Now it's official,, Link is everyone's favorite forum punching bag.
Totally off topic - but Cardell I honestly can't read one of your posts over the last couple of days without thinking about 2 nights ago when you and Tengo El Funko were chillin at the yew gate and Tengo got stealth archer insta dropped.

I'm still chuckling out loud over that.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But that isn't playing a Faction thief, that is just a regular thief.
You mean regular as in an actual thief?

In a properly guarded stronghold it is literally impossible for a thief to get through without the use of exploits. When we guarded thieves only managed to escape by bouncing up to the roof and running off the edge of the Shadowlord stronghold.

Thieving in factions has become so overrated because it is what most players point to as the thing thieves do now.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You mean regular as in an actual thief?

In a properly guarded stronghold it is literally impossible for a thief to get through without the use of exploits. When we guarded thieves only managed to escape by bouncing up to the roof and running off the edge of the Shadowlord stronghold.

Thieving in factions has become so overrated because it is what most players point to as the thing thieves do now.

LOL, yes a regular thief!

As far as properly guarded stronghold you can get out of the base without the use of exploits or cheats! Come over to Great Lakes and we will teach you the proper way to be a faction thief. You must have alot of patience and We have some excellent thieves that don't use the exploits that you speak of and know what the true meaning of factions teamwork and play are all about.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Totally off topic - but Cardell I honestly can't read one of your posts over the last couple of days without thinking about 2 nights ago when you and Tengo El Funko were chillin at the yew gate and Tengo got stealth archer insta dropped.

I'm still chuckling out loud over that.
Ya that **** was funny. I couldn't even get a mini heal on him, he dropped so fast.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, yes a regular thief!

As far as properly guarded stronghold you can get out of the base without the use of exploits or cheats! Come over to Great Lakes and we will teach you the proper way to be a faction thief. You must have alot of patience and We have some excellent thieves that don't use the exploits that you speak of and know what the true meaning of factions teamwork and play are all about.
You mean not using an exploit like when 2.0 guarded CoM and your theif kept using the bug to deboard a boat onto the bridge to bypass our defense?

The TB hypocracy continues. Unless you're not TB, then nevermind.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Kept using the boat".

HAHA. You mean when I drove my boat back and forth screwing around with you easily distracted buggers, before finally boarding onto your bridge a SINGLE time. Yes, I just continued to use this "bug" didn't I? Come off it.

As for actual thieves and faction thieves, there is room to be both. I stole 4 different items out of SL packs while purple and fielded in their base, and I still made it out alive. So there is no "actual" thief and "faction" thief. There are just thieves and non-thieves.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It happened multiple times, maybe YOU only did it once but you did do it.

You don't have to explain yourself to me. You can leave your justifications inside your head as thoughts.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't have to justify ****. Next time put your defenses back further.

But yea, I did do it, and its hardly an "exploit". Nor was I behind your defenses, but rather in the middle of them. The fact that I made it past the rest of the defenses, through the fields, and grabbed a sig, is a testament to your defenses.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't have to justify ****. Next time put your defenses back further.

But yea, I did do it, and its hardly an "exploit". Nor was I behind your defenses, but rather in the middle of them. The fact that I made it past the rest of the defenses, through the fields, and grabbed a sig, is a testament to your defenses.
Yet the sigs never left our base until TB came with more superdragons than we had people.

*shrugs* maybe thats a testament to your theiving ability?

Cadderly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TB does have some great thieves. Other night you Nonel ran circles arround me, I almost had you the first time you stole one. After the 3rd I gave up trying to catch you in the act. I'm gonna have to come up with a better game plan to solo defend against you that for sure.

As for faction points for thieves, I'm looking forward to the end of the event. I got more kill points built up from killing thieves in one night then 3 months worth of raiding and defending. Takes the thrill out of killing a great pvper for a couple points when you can kill a thief without armor and no skills beside stealing for five kill points.

A

Altec

n.

Actually most of us complaining are people who have been in factions for a long time now. Honestly I would prefer bug fixes to decos and some arties that you can get when you earn rank.

If you have been in factions any time before this you would know the Ranking system is broke. 2 points poof rank 10. This publishing is a joke. Just like all the rest in the last 3 years. Cover up all the bugs with more deco trash and bad publishing. And the when people figure out the bugs instead of fixing it they just ban everyone.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yet the sigs never left our base until TB came with more superdragons than we had people.

*shrugs* maybe thats a testament to your theiving ability?
Touche. I'm the worst thief in factions, and everyone knows it.

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhhhhhh no you don't Nonel... you aren't taking my title away from me that easily... everyone knows I have worked hard to be the worst faction thief!

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry tinks, lol I'm a bit trigger happy. Good field fights over on LS though, been a long time since we've had solid fights. They've been a blast, don't intend on going back to GL anytime soon. I'll have to get you my icq when I see you again.

As far as thieves, a good thief is key to factions if you're actually playing it as a whole. Thieves like Nonel, Goldfish, Remat, Tinks, Gracie, etc can't be replaced. It does take skill to go through a good amount of defenders to grab a sigil and make it out alive! I think a point per sigil corruption would have been adequate though.

I agree with Nonel, stats is about the only thing left that makes it even worth playing. Always a good sense of accomplishment in a field fight when your team wins while the losers wait 20 minutes.

I cant wait to get rid of the events, reset the timers, lose the lag, and I wish theyd lose the new faction items. Less is more sometimes.

NB-Cats

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm also agains't thieves getting 10 points per sigil. Diminishing that number to 5 would be better.

Perhaps distinguish between defensive and offensive points?