• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction point help!

S

Snowflakee

Ok so i have been told like 5 different ways of getting points off of the same person more than once. It has been weeks now and every time i kill someone it just tells me "you have recently slain this person" or whatever it says. what do i need to do to be able to get points off of these people again?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so i have been told like 5 different ways of getting points off of the same person more than once. It has been weeks now and every time i kill someone it just tells me "you have recently slain this person" or whatever it says. what do i need to do to be able to get points off of these people again?
you need to stop farming your little trammy faction friends to get rank with each other for your pvm suits and actually PvP and kill different people.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*shakes head* Factions is sad...

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still can't wear the Crimmy/Tally/HOL/take your pick eh? What a joke. Hump it into Fel and kill OJ's.

S

Snowflakee

haha, you guys are funny. nah actually i got to many points on my guy and im trying to get them into a diff. faction because they are farming the shizzle out of points so im trying to get them all in their faction. but good try you morons. So just tell me what i need to do.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
haha, you guys are funny. nah actually i got to many points on my guy and im trying to get them into a diff. faction because they are farming the shizzle out of points so im trying to get them all in their faction. but good try you morons. So just tell me what i need to do.
Good one insult them by calling them morons. Then you want them to tell you what you need to do. to funny.

Your first post you stated
It has been weeks now and every time i kill someone it just tells me "you have recently slain this person" or whatever it says. what do i need to do to be able to get points off of these people again?.
Now explain to me how you think killing someone is going to get your points into a diff faction.

I

InspectorGadget

Your first post you stated
Now explain to me how you think killing someone is going to get your points into a diff faction.
Thats kinda obvious, hes switched factions and needs the points transfered. As you cant honor different factions, hes probably put all the points he has from the old faction onto one char so he can "transfer" the points by killing.

S

Snowflakee

Yes exactly what inspector said. I have a Character in SL which is the faction im trying to get all my points into. MY original faction is true brits and i am trying to kill all my characters in true brit with the SL guy to transfer all the points to him but i have killed all 6 of my characters and now i can't kill them again. But when i posted here i didn't realize how tough everyone thought they was or how ignorant they are so it's cool i'll just figure it out myself.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I don't doubt you have characters in two factions, I doubt the legitimacy to your claim.

I stand by my OP in this thread.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm curious, but how are those guilds getting some many kill points? Is there that much PvP going on on AoL, or is there some method they are using other than PvP?

*is happy with his 40 or so points*...la

R

RichDC

I'm curious, but how are those guilds getting some many kill points? Is there that much PvP going on on AoL, or is there some method they are using other than PvP?

There probably is that much faction fighting...look at GL rankings.

They dont tend to do sigs but almost all the major PvP guilds are know in factions...so yea there is an F of alot of faction fights.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There probably is that much faction fighting...look at GL rankings.

They dont tend to do sigs but almost all the major PvP guilds are know in factions...so yea there is an F of alot of faction fights.
It's getting rediculously inflated because of all the point doubling and tripling.

I usually have like 150-200 kill points, so whenever someone kills me its 15-20 points, 30-40 points if in a faction city, and then 45-60 if a CoM/TB kills me in a faction city.

The point doubling/tripling needs to stop, it's just going to keep getting worse.

R

RichDC

It's getting rediculously inflated because of all the point doubling and tripling.

The point doubling/tripling needs to stop, it's just going to keep getting worse.
I agree...to an extent, i do think that you should gain a bonus for killing in a faction base...but not in a "war zone"

MiNi MaGi

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

no they run dif accounts just for point farming, NIXD was famous for this when i was on aol.. they had a guy in like minax and we was in com and the minax dude would kill me then i would kill him and i had like 50 points at first then after killing him in a town (at the healers in skara) i had like 650.....

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
no they run dif accounts just for point farming, NIXD was famous for this when i was on aol.. they had a guy in like minax and we was in com and the minax dude would kill me then i would kill him and i had like 50 points at first then after killing him in a town (at the healers in skara) i had like 650.....
You want to see point farming...go look at the rankings on Asuka.

Y

Yalp

Dang! and here I am trying to get my little ol' 10 points at a time by stealing and corrupting sigils!

Which.. is so friggin bugged! Stole, corrupted and placed all 8 sigils the other night, got ... big fat 0 points!

blueturtle

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont think you can get points from stealing sigils anymore now that the invasions are over, also dont get double, and warzone triple points, its back to normal now.

R

RichDC

i dont think you can get points from stealing sigils anymore now that the invasions are over, also dont get double, and warzone triple points, its back to normal now.
No its not. It is still exactly as it was, no guard zones, double/triple points and thieves recieve points.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just got 80 points from the sigs yesterday on Siege. At this point, they seem to be working as planed. Once corrupted, you take the sigs and place them in the town. At that point you are awarded wth 10 kill points and 100 silver...la

M

mutau

IF you have the guildleader of an opposing faction kill someone of high points in a faction town, she/he get 2x the points. if you kill the guildleader in a faction town, you get 3x.

So ........... just make the guildleader the point mule. i see the benefit when you have a new guildmate who needs to get geared up.

C

Cloak&Dagger

IF you have the guildleader of an opposing faction kill someone of high points in a faction town, she/he get 2x the points. if you kill the guildleader in a faction town, you get 3x.

So ........... just make the guildleader the point mule. i see the benefit when you have a new guildmate who needs to get geared up.

That is incorrect....you get 2x the points for killing any member of an oppositely aligned faction, example being tb and com are on the same alignment of "Order" and sl and min are on the same alignment of "Chaos" so if tb or com kills anyone in sl or min they will get 2x the points, if they are inside a faction town they get 3x the points, but if tb kills com or sl kills min then they will not get the double factor of killing an apposing faction, it does not have to be a guild leader for this to work, also if sl kills min or com kills tb inside a faction owned town they still get 2x the points (really its a multiplication and for each of the two statements you get "double" the points, but when you stack them it ends up being 2x for one and 3x for two)

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
skrilla is an excellent example of a point farmer. His question was really how he could farm points. His guild L*D on legends is so terrified on competition that they have point holders in SL and CoM because both those factions are dangerous to them. SL has a zerg of newbs that they struggle to compete with and CoM has a guild of a few talented pvpers from atl that like to kill L*D there when they're bored. Check out all the factions there, it's hillarious how some subpars will try to derank their competition when they can't compete.

It's almost shocking that nobody has retaliated against L*D by pulling a jap shard on them.

C

Cloak&Dagger

You know guys I do not really see the problem in answering questions with out resorting to assumptions (even tho Omnius is claiming to know this is fact now it started out as an assumption) people do have problems such as this, for example on my main shard the game insists that one of my chars has killed everyone in the game saying "you have recently killed that person so no honor was gained" when I had been away for nearly 3 months, no big deal for me its only one char and I don't need the faction artifacts but I still do not understand why everything has to be met with such a head on attitude that no one could possibly be honestly unable to gain points of another player. (tho this is obviously not the case now)

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
go look at legends rankings. LD and Skrilla come up in multiple factions. In fact most of the chars in com have no gmed skills but thousands of points....

C

Cloak&Dagger

go look at legends rankings. LD and Skrilla come up in multiple factions. In fact most of the chars in com have no gmed skills but thousands of points....
Well at this point I am not arguing with you that he is a point farmer but when this thread first opened up no one gave the slightest insight, I honestly read it to see if maybe it was similar to what my one char has been experiencing for a month now, only to have people tell him to go kill people, this was of no help to me as I'm sure it was no help to him either.

My point was had I asked this question people would have treated me the same way, when I have an actual problem, the game seems to think I have killed everyone "recently" I just wish I knew what recently is as its been 4 months. And I only mentioned you to show that there assumptions were true, but I don't think that should excuse the initial reaction everyone had to the question, heh I'm not point farming I don't even need the artifacts, I am just wonder why the game thinks I have killed everyone. Hmm

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
recently is who you've killed in the last (i think its 5 times though I hear its 7 now) and who they've died to in the last (5 or 7 times)

C

Cloak&Dagger

well I would venture to say that is still broken for one of my chars lol, as I am sure I was not the last 5-7 of people to kill anyone since I was gone for 3 months, BUT thank you for clearing that up I was confused about that.

Edit: is it who they died to or is it who you have killed? or some weird combination of the two?
If it is who you killed then I suppose it would be possible for me to be gone for 3 months and come back unable to gain points from a certain 7 people but if its who they died to then I doubt this is the case.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its either or. Many folks play different chars for pvp. some barely play their chars or play them in stints. I killed one guy on atl about 4 months ago and I still get the recently on him.

The system exists to stop point farming. It doesn't work but because of how it is we can assume the average number of accounts in UO per player is firmly about 2.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Well thank you for clearing that up, tho I am not sure it will do me much good as far as figuring out what the situation is with me not being able to gain with that char. but that;s ok, as I have said before use other chars and not in it for the arties anyway.

I

InspectorGadget

Pretty certain, i killed an anoying tick on one of my faction chars and in a battle i had killed(tat is kill shots not just helping the group) at least another 10 before the tick returned...no silver.

Being as this tick was fairly easy to kill i switched to a lesser factioner(thief) and killed him again, got points this time. Told the factioners i was with to kill him and after he had died maybe 10 times(so not sure on whether 5 is the correct number and the fool kept coming in stat!!!Too funny, hence the tick :p) and then my thief killed again, i got points but i had killed no one else. Returned on my main, and got points again.

C

Cloak&Dagger

Pretty certain, i killed an anoying tick on one of my faction chars and in a battle i had killed(tat is kill shots not just helping the group) at least another 10 before the tick returned...no silver.

Being as this tick was fairly easy to kill i switched to a lesser factioner(thief) and killed him again, got points this time. Told the factioners i was with to kill him and after he had died maybe 10 times(so not sure on whether 5 is the correct number and the fool kept coming in stat!!!Too funny, hence the tick :p) and then my thief killed again, i got points but i had killed no one else. Returned on my main, and got points again.
Well thinking about it like this I still find it hard to believe that I was the last person to kill like 7 people after I had been gone for 3 months, but I guess its possible.

I

InspectorGadget

Cloak‡1282027 said:
Well thinking about it like this I still find it hard to believe that I was the last person to kill like 7 people after I had been gone for 3 months, but I guess its possible.
Maybe your the only one good enough to kill them :p