• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

faction point decay

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
That idea has been floating out there for years... Faction folk really do not want risk vs reward though.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lot of people threw a fit that they lost some faction gear due to the points revamp. Imagine how much they'll cry if there's a chance they could lose it all. Man, they might actually have to farm silver regularly.

The argument would be "it's not fair to the casual player". People who play more obviously will have an advantage over the ones who play less and it doesn't mean it isn't fair.

Wouldn't it be unfair if they received the same items with less time put in than those who spent a lot more getting the same items?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We lose it regularly every day... Just saying.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would hope they would explain what their fix to the scaled points scenario was.

What is the decay rate for those that do not log in that day or for those over 100 points?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't pretend to know how active factions is on Siege but the comparison is apples to oranges for regular production shards.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Just one more reason the faction system slowed any growth on Siege for years.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Imagine a fine faction suit... now imagine you can not insure it. You are way more outfitted than any other non faction player though. You can kill them easily...

If another factioneer kills you though.. they loot all yer armor. Maybe they sell it back. Maybe not.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Realize faction artifacts cost 5 times the silver as any other shard on Siege... and it is lootable.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
We can loot the faction artifacts... But they are of no use to anyone. It has a name on it. Maybe you sell it back. Maybe not. Not many folks understand what faction artifacts is like on Siege. Cash does... He left Siege. Factions suck on Siege.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can understand the problem, to bad they couldnt remove the individual name tag for the gear and broaden it to just factions so you still have to be in factions to wear it but anyone in factions can wear the piece they dropped.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another quirky Siege thing is the ability to Evil or Hero dye your stuff. So if you do manage to clobber someone who is in factions, if they've dyed their stuff and your character that might be able to use it is in one of the opposing factions or not in factions at all, you can't equip it, even if it is not a faction artifact. I'm a little unclear on whether or not that applies to normal blessed spellbooks, however.

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
come on goldberg, i thought you were brighter than that. You need to read the entire post before you make a bozo assumption like that. i said, 'it is virtually impossible to get more than a couple of points per day because of so few factioners and the chances of recently killed'

i will translate for you. I kill more than i die - probably 3-1 ratio. but there are so few pvpers on my shard, i too often get 0 points from them because i have killed them recently. and if i go 2-3 days without playing, ive lost 2-3 points. thats really hard to get back on the smaller shards.

the original intent of my post was to simply say that decay rate is much more than they stated in the release notes. i really dont care if they fix it. i have already altered all of my suits to be faction arty free. pain in the !@#$, but not impossible by any stretch.
Uhh, I read all that my friend and my statement stands. You are playing a shard where you cant generate any positive points at a decay rate of approx only 1 per day in your own words?

Why would you even be in factions if it is that beat there? For the nice gear dispensed from the candy machine maybe?

Bob the Merchant

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
OoOoo...I like candy? What's with the warning label that states I can't eat it unless I kill people? NO FAIR! I WANT SOMETHING FOR NOTHING AND I WANT IT NOW!

:pirate:

Don't Tread on Me

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I love the faction point decay fix on pub 76. They say (we'll see) that it will fix the bugged chars with mega-points on them too. In that instance, I think they did great. lvl 10 might be hard to get to / keep, but some people will be able to do it. I know it won't be me... but I'm ok with that too. I'm pretty happy, all in all.

i didn't know that faction items cost 5 x more on siege. how in the world can you even buy anything (then lose it when u turn around!) that's insane!

C

catfish

"In the last 15-20 days not one of your characters has gotten 1 kill?

Thats ridiculous no matter what shard you play. Why are you even participating in factions WITH MULTIPLE CHARS if you are unable to kill anyone in 2 weeks?"

you must have bushido+parry, because you evaded that quite well. i was replying to the above comment you made, not the fact that i cant maintain positive decay. nowhere in my post did i say i havent killed anyone in 15-20 days, ive killed many many people in that time and only died a handful.

stay on target luke!

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to say, i don't think you're necessarily a bad player if you don't get the final hit. I find in our group battles, the person who does the best work gets killed first. And it's usually deathstrikers who get the last hit.

And this is not cool, since it's the mages who need the points since there's not much rank 9/10 armour for dexxers.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
  • Factions, Virtue, and City Loyality points will not decay if you log in daily anytime after maintenance.
  • Except to the rule is faction points will decay if they are over a hundred regardless if you log in or not.
  • Faction points that were not scaled correctly have been addressed
And somehow the devs think this will fix factions....and ppl will actually start participating while keeping ppl happy. This is NOT a quick fix to factions at all. Removing the points was a perfectly fine idea. Removing 0 punkte characters from the total ruined it for those who actually play and wanna keep their gear.

And not to be a party pooper but if this isn't fixed the RIGHT way I will most likely be done with this game when Diablo Three comes out. They can keep the subtle point decay and the reduction of total points within each faction. 0 punkte characters are STILL CHARACTERS in a faction and ARE played by some ppl. Why should they NOT count?

Mervyn

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the devs need to go on some kind of course to brush up on their mathematics. Basically, if you actually play in faction you should be able to wear the armour. Currently, one person in my faction is rank 10, and he doesn't even use the rank 10 items. D-bagerry on an epic scale.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Factions are already being abused. Saw 2 BLUE PVMers wearing faction gear sitting in Luna Bank. LMAO So much for fixing Faction PVP.