• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction idea...

C

Cho hag

how about making it so factioneers can attack each other in tram to or atleast so sl/mx can attack tb/com and visa versa. would make sence since they are supposed to fight over the control of the land...

would make it more of a battle for control for towns to then coz u would have to go to trammel and defend ur town after you have taken it in fel...

would also love if reds could go to towns that they own in trammel so they can help the spawn kill the attackers...would obviously have to limit the reds from moving outside of the towns areas...

but would make the invasion a touch harder and give even more incentitive to join faction and not just be another mindless spawn grind in trammel :)

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about making it so factioneers can attack each other in tram to or atleast so sl/mx can attack tb/com and visa versa. would make sence since they are supposed to fight over the control of the land...

would make it more of a battle for control for towns to then coz u would have to go to trammel and defend ur town after you have taken it in fel...

would also love if reds could go to towns that they own in trammel so they can help the spawn kill the attackers...would obviously have to limit the reds from moving outside of the towns areas...

but would make the invasion a touch harder and give even more incentitive to join faction and not just be another mindless spawn grind in trammel :)
Could you imagine the amount of coding that would have to be done for this? Good luck getting it done.

C

Cho hag

well the only hard thing to code would be the reds into trammel and the chance of that happening with all the carebears around is around 0...

to code in that factioneers can attack each other in trammel would be easy though...

R

Rix/\

I don't know how long you've played but there was something simular with order and chaos guilds and it never went over very well. Of course there always Siege.

Factions need more Objectives not more battle fields. Give them more reasons to fight other then sigils. Felluca is big enuff to hold faction battles as well as non faction pvp.

C

Cho hag

the point was that there is a lot of factioneers who never go to fel and just does the tram spawns without any real opposition...

add faction fights to tram and the invasion might actually get a bit hard and not just a walkover

R

Rix/\

the point was that there is a lot of factioneers who never go to fel and just does the tram spawns without any real opposition...

add faction fights to tram and the invasion might actually get a bit hard and not just a walkover
I don't understand why you would join a faction and not goto fel. The invasion was something for the PVM community. The effect of the capturing of sigils had on the invasion gave something for the PVP community. You can play on siege and get your faction fights and invasion all in one.

Any factioner that doesn't goto fel isn't a true factioner but someone looking for the benefits without the effort.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ick, have you ever tried to PvP in Tram? I found it bad enough just for RP fights, there's no way I'd do factioning in Tram ;)

Besides, I remember the recent discussion about bringing back order/chaos. Apparently some are so hyper-sensitive about PvP that even seeing it in Tram is a major point of contention. I say leave Tram to do their own thing and keep the PvP goodness in Fel.

Wenchy

C

Cho hag

I don't understand why you would join a faction and not goto fel. The invasion was something for the PVM community. The effect of the capturing of sigils had on the invasion gave something for the PVP community. You can play on siege and get your faction fights and invasion all in one.

Any factioner that doesn't goto fel isn't a true factioner but someone looking for the benefits without the effort.

well that is the problem we take a town in fel and the trammies goes and fights the invasion in tram and we lose the town again without being able to do anything to stop it...fair?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are playing actively it actually increases your opportunities to make silver and get kill points.

Whats wrong with that?

R

Rix/\

well that is the problem we take a town in fel and the trammies goes and fights the invasion in tram and we lose the town again without being able to do anything to stop it...fair?
I don't see the problem, before you took a sigil defending it for hours at a time to corrupt it for what? faction vendors?
With the control of towns changing hands more often means more fights which is the best way to EARN rank. By killing enemy factions.

If I was in TB or COM faction I wouldn't even bother trying for the sigils just so the towns in tram could be invaded and everyone has the chance to fight and get those new drops.

C

CatLord

Fix the speedhacking, the scripts and auto healing...

Make the pvp fair and balanced without cheats...

Then even the tram players would go to felluca...

Until then... watching the major faction players skip on screen, jump over bagballs, heal instantly... just makes me wonder if egos go hand in hand with cheating...

And in my 131 months of uo... I have found they do.