• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Faction Hued Items: Rare or not? (Hue: Sigil Purple)

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As some of you know, I recently sold a full suit of ranger armor + double blessed/exceptional items recently.

[Auction] - Faction Hued Ranger Suit w/ (Blessed) Items / Evil Presence Crystal / Harvest Day Lantern

I was wondering what the verdict is on these faction hued items? I turned on an old account and have some other items faction hued.

1. Double Blessed Orc Mask

2. Bone Armor Tunic (Normal; just faction hued color)

3. Exceptional Bone Helmet (Not enhanced)

4. A Season 4 rare - Robe Of Morissa (Faction Hued)

Minion of Morissa
ROBE
Oceania Shard, Season 4, 2006
Minion of Morissa is a rare robe.
~30 of these were originally created.

5. Full set of every piece of clothing I would assume was in the game at that time (Faction Hued)
Shirt, Fancy Shirt, Skirt, Kilt, Robe, Dress, Fancy Dress... etc.

Anyways, I am wondering if anyone buys these faction hued items, and their worth? Because I apparently have a lot of them now lol.

PS: The robe I may auction off, but clearly is a pretty nice item :)

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Bone armors/orc masks/bone helmets//tribal masks cannot be replicated the sigil hue, so those are indeed worth more. The Morissa robe can be dyed sigil hue with a regular cloth tub so it having that hue adds no further value. Same goes with the clothing, anyone with a tailor and a dye tub can make a full set of sigil clothing.

Bombastic Fail

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bone armors/orc masks/bone helmets//tribal masks cannot be replicated the sigil hue, so those are indeed worth more. The Morissa robe can be dyed sigil hue with a regular cloth tub so it having that hue adds no further value. Same goes with the clothing, anyone with a tailor and a dye tub can make a full set of sigil clothing.
Normal dye tub? Bugged? Hence my asking.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
There are leather dye tubs that are kind of rare that can also dye leather items faction hue. So they are a little harder to replicate.

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
you can buy a cloth tub from a tailor and then select the "sigil" hue from the palette.

You can dye Leather, Metal and Runebooks with bugged/stuck tubs the sigil hue

Normal dye tub? Bugged? Hence my asking.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
So pretty much just about anything sigil colored can be recreated. Well...the color can at least. You cant just make that Orc Mask :p

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a sigil Made By katana that I've had in my possession since before the dyes/tubs, is that devalued as well?

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
@Athelas not completely. It is still hard to come by. You would have to own or know someone with a bugged Dye tub to recreate it. But it isn't worth what it would be were that not possible imo. Technically, I could take one of my made by Katanas and have it dyed by a friend that has one of the tubs. :(

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Most clothing can be easily replicated with a plain dye tub. Same for furniture. Metal and leather items, there clearly is at least one bugged "neon" tub out there dying that stuff. Anything stone I'd be very wary about. Wooden shields, orc, bear and deer masks, umbra robes, shroud of shadows, spellbooks, wands, and anything else undyable are still "rare".

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Most clothing can be easily replicated with a plain dye tub. Same for furniture. Metal and leather items, there clearly is at least one bugged "neon" tub out there dying that stuff. Anything stone I'd be very wary about. Wooden shields, orc, bear and deer masks, umbra robes, shroud of shadows, spellbooks, wands, and anything else undyable are still "rare".
But what sort of dye tub would you need for dying metal items? I could be wrong, but I wasn't aware there was any such thing as a neon metal dye tub (absolutely not asking for any illegal information) as that particular type is so new. What other tubs dye metal weapons besides that?

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Selling back the metal dye tubs to the sea market boat paint dudes when it was first released. They put a stop to it pretty quick, then when the fix came out any tubs that were bugged got stuck on the color they had previously be chosen. Mesanna has been on a war path deleting these tubs.

But what sort of dye tub would you need for dying metal items? I could be wrong, but I wasn't aware there was any such thing as a neon metal dye tub (absolutely not asking for any illegal information) as that particular type is so new. What other tubs dye metal weapons besides that?

DarkLotus[FL]

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So pretty much just about anything sigil colored can be recreated. Well...the color can at least. You cant just make that Orc Mask :p
No there are certain item's that can not be recreated like this umbra robe which can not be dyed. sigil umbra robe.png

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Selling back the metal dye tubs to the sea market boat paint dudes when it was first released. They put a stop to it pretty quick, then when the fix came out any tubs that were bugged got stuck on the color they had previously be chosen. Mesanna has been on a war path deleting these tubs.
Ohhhhhhh, thanks for the info Deaol. Well, that puts that issue to a close I guess. Such a shame, I'll just keep it in a box then.