• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Faction Explosion Pot

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does anyone else have the problem of keying a chug macro for greater strength etc that sets this pot off? Everytime a hit one of my recorded chugs it sets it off.

R

RichDC

No.

Only problem with pots ive noticed is how Conflags change into Nightsights after they have been stolen.

R

RichDC

Its a possibility, since imbuing most of my chars carry explodes and Conflags now(50EP on every temp!). Never had one go of accidently(apart from bad timing). As i said though i have had conflags turn into Nightsight pots, so it wouldn't surprise me if something dodgy could happen.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only have two recorded chugs which is str and dex, and either one sets it off and makes it pointless to carry the faction exp pots. It does the same thing with the faction refresh pot. Any of the other pots it doesnt affect.

Not a big deal, just curious if any had the same problem.

W

wee papa smurf

After i hit a supernova my str and dex macros dont work, it says "Type not found" and i have to reset the item to str and dex

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had that problem yet, have you tried the count resources button and tried the macro again?

R

RichDC

Its the same bug as with the conflags.

Different pot same affect. Youll probably find if you steal them of someone they will change into str or dex pots as well, there is something wrong with the id codes probably (btw, i thought you meant explosion pots on a faction char...not supernovas)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use novas regularly, UOAssist cannot differentiate between novas and strengths as a 'type'.

What I do is record a separate macro for each and never specify 'use item type'.

It's a bit of a pain in the ass to reset it every time you die or restock, but it's better than popping a nova when you're trying to chug a strength.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've thought about doing that but I figured it wasn't worth the trouble although I do like having a couple novas on me.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're using UOA and this is a problem, there is something screwy. Not even the commonly used UOA substitute has a problem recognizing the str pots vs the nova pots.

A less common thing does but I like to assume nobody cheats in UO.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only run UOassist, and it is a recorded macro to chug str. But you can accuse me of cheating if it makes you feel better.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're using UOA and this is a problem, there is something screwy.
Everyone that I've ever played with in vent has the same problem. It's not screwy, it's just a problem with UOA.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You were probably thinking 64MB of ram, with a 56k modem. I think Lynk hit it right if I remember, I had a 56k, and then a 128k internet connection. I don't miss those days....

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I moved up to broadband, Ber. Its not cheating, anymore. ;)

S

Saleena

Or do you still have that rig where you have to talk through your speakers?

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I stole a headset off someone. :/

I might bring back the speaker for some nostalgia...

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a possibility, since imbuing most of my chars carry explodes and Conflags now(50EP on every temp!). Never had one go of accidently(apart from bad timing). As i said though i have had conflags turn into Nightsight pots, so it wouldn't surprise me if something dodgy could happen.
Strange.. Never even heard/seen that before.