• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] EXTREME MINER

S

SyKo of GL

been thinkin of a miner i can run with that is well... invincible.

this is what i have come up with so far, please post any ideas to improve
(char only for mining, as i have a different char for smith/craft skills)

100 mining (duh)
115 lore (tali = +5 lore) = 120 lore
85 taming (jewels + tali = +35 taming) = 120 taming
90 vet
100 swords
100 tactics
80 chiv
50 med
125 str
50 dex
80 int

pets to all monsters and reds, except shadow eles, swords + tactics will take them down
chiv to help with shadow eles, and to recall
med for some extra mana for chiv

then for the pets to go with, not quite sure but a packy for one cuz only one slot and can hold 1600 stones.

so for the 4 leftover slots mab a dread mare? or a cu side

if i do cu side then i can drop vet as well for like resist spells or something

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'd suggest a fire beetle, fully trained - takes 3 slots, and I don't need a pack animal with one, and am able to go through 8 garg picks (and the ore off the elementals) before having to drop ingots at the bank.

Alternates for the two remaining slots might be fully trained packies, Frenzies (to give you a mount while the beetle and other frenzy fight, or 2 pets with pack instinct), or a bake Kitsune.

Z

Zodiac19

Not so invincible but I can take all elementals and run a PK or two off.

Mining 105
Smithing GM
Archery GM
Anatomy GM
Healing GM
Tactics GM
Chiv 80 ish
Some focus

Also when you have a fully trained fire bug and say all kill at a PK then start sticking arrows in his/her arse some think twice (or get dead) and go look for easier prey. Good PK's will toast you no matter what if you can't get away.
Truthfully I haven't come across a PK in a very long time while out mining.

T

Tycolby

Pets will die very quickly fighting a Val ellie. Tried to train a pet on one and it just ended up dead (the Pet).

Also increase your dex to 90 and drop int down to 40. you dont need alot of mana for this Temp.

Drop Med

Drop Tame, lore, and vet

Add
110 parry
110 anat
100 heal
also raise
swords to 110
Tactics to 110

so here's what I think you should have
110 swords
110 anat
110 tactics
110 parry
100 heal
100 mining
80 chiv

125 str
90 dex
40 int

also add +5 mining gloves to your suit to have a better success rate at smelting

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
hey no fair Tycolby, you stole Cerridewin. :D That's the temp. she had. Then the silly girl traded in heal for busido and added necro and spirt speak. She has now come to her sences and it back to the first. Works really well haven't die to an elemental for a while.

D

Dragonchilde

Any tips for training a fire beetle with a non-tamer character who can't lore well (and isn't human anymore, so doesn't have the JOAT lore anymore)?

I'd ask in the tamer forum, but this isn't a tamer character. I have a fairly well trained blue beetle, but my fire is very new. :) Bonded, so now I can tame her.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even an elf can lore at 0 skill- just takes a LOT of attempts.

As for training, my favorite low-end training avenue for things like a swampy is to isolate an orc mage (like from one of the Malas orc forts, that are mostly near mining areas), and have the pet attack it, using greater heal or close wounds to heal the pet. Typically, the orc mage will cast healing spells to stay alive, allowing the fight to go much longer. IF the orc is too easy, try a ratman mage in Ilshenar. This is mainly to train up resist, while getting some combat gains.

Now, for purely combat gains, dig up a shadow iron elemental, and get it and the pet fighting, with you healing the pet. If you have a friend that's a vet, have them help you keep it alive, if necessary - otherwise when you run low on mana, you'll have to hop on the beetle, and ride off to recover mana to heal with, before returning to the fight.