• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Extreme Horse Racing Event - 11/20 @ 7:00pm

J

Joy-ElF

Next Friday, the 20th of November, ElF will be hosting an extreme horse racing event in Felucca at 7:00pm Pacific time. This race is not for the faint of heart and will involve much bloodshed. The exact route of this cross-country race will remain undisclosed until race time. You can ride any mount to participate.

Blue players will meet at the Skara Brae community center in Trammel, and Reds will meet at the Britain moongate in Felucca. Gates will be popped to the starting location from there, and the race will start as soon as you travel through the gate.

Racers may kill each other or help each other once the race has started, but there will only be one grand prize. The first player to the finish line alive will win. There will also be prizes for the first ghost across, and second & third place prizes for the living. Prizes are as follows:

1st Prize - 1 million gold and a trophy

2nd Prize - 750k gold and a trophy

3rd Prize - 500k gold and a trophy

First dead player that says OoOooOo to me at the finish line will also get 500k and a special prize.

Racers must pass all of the random checkpoints along the route to qualify for a prize. No recalling or gating allowed. If the checkpoint monitors don't see you, you don't get gold.

So come and have fun killing each other, and you might end up with a check to cover your insurance for a while.

Note: The Ancient Order of Elves is not responsible for any insurance costs or accidental lost gear in the course of this event. Please insure your stuff or come without it. :)

M

MR Bojangles

so then are all you course monitors going to be necro's. wouldnt want lets say rebel yell to die right off the bat and not be seen running the whole way as a ghost.

LordTesla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bumped, you guys are truly the few good friendly players left..

Maybe we can call the event live on wrrad.com

J

Joy-ElF

so then are all you course monitors going to be necro's. wouldnt want lets say rebel yell to die right off the bat and not be seen running the whole way as a ghost.
Don't worry, I'll have some guilded dead toons about to watch the ghosts at the checkpoints. :D

J

Joy-ElF

There's not a lot I can do to prevent that. We'll just have to see what happens.

This is tonight! If it goes well, we might have different versions in the future(ie, different routes for the course). Hope to see you all there!

O

Omega9

Big thanks to EiF for holding the event, and for the second place prize. As far as I know, nobody was killed and all three of us that entered made it through unscathed. I hear there's a big war going on between some of the pvp guilds, which may be the reason so few attended. It was fun even if I didn't get to be the first ghost across the finish. I look forward to more events like this.

J

Joy-ElF

Sorry for the late update, had a busy day yesterday. Sablestorm won first prize with one of his characters, Omega placed second, and Tadaki(spelling?) was third.

EM Lillimu showed up at the end for a brief chat, and nobody died.

Was a fun evening despite the low attendance :)

B

Balian of Asgard

not wanting to go off topic here, but in regards to events...........

what other type activities could we come up with that would be sure to have competitors show up, compete and have fun for a lil with everyone else form the shard?

Suggestions??

I'll go first

How about teams of 3 players, no pets, take on named bosses and the fastest time wins their name onto the top of a sticky list here in the pac forums for Top of the elite PvMers

have a list of all the hard to kill bosses and who is the best team beside each one, it will give others a goal to beat them, find new ways to kill the monsters more effectively, dont have to offer a monetary prize either.
ooooh, how about a 3 man team to complete the Doom guantlet...

This can be done at anytime of the day, and once the team has it down consistently, call a designated witness to watch and time the fight to record it.

?

G

Gellor

Balian,
VERY interesting idea. But I see several issues:
  1. Interference - sadly, there are some people or guilds who will find a way to interfere whether by blocking locations, PvPing in the middle, or just flat out attacking in public venue.
  2. Picking "impartial" judge - not much needs to be said here. Yeah right, I'm going to trust a guilded guy to time his own guild's attempt:thumbdown:
  3. Potential exploits - what more needs to be said.

Sadly, any type of competition seems to bring the worst out in people as evidenced by the PvP atmosphere.:thumbdown:

B

Balian of Asgard

Balian,
VERY interesting idea. But I see several issues:
  1. Interference - sadly, there are some people or guilds who will find a way to interfere whether by blocking locations, PvPing in the middle, or just flat out attacking in public venue.
  2. Picking "impartial" judge - not much needs to be said here. Yeah right, I'm going to trust a guilded guy to time his own guild's attempt:thumbdown:
  3. Potential exploits - what more needs to be said.

Sadly, any type of competition seems to bring the worst out in people as evidenced by the PvP atmosphere.:thumbdown:
Lol, you're right, there will always be controversy, but however they finish, the best time will still stand, if there is outside interference, they will have to choose another time, of have a massive guild war to protect the boss from the attacking guild, hehe I kinda like that, and if it is still the 3 original team members that complete the kill, there time should still stand

lets give our pac reporter something to do

M

mutau

Volunteered i think. He was just a RP guy that wanted to have more RP on the shard and was willing to report on it. Bad thing was, he wanted to reprot RP on Pac where there isn't so much a RP presence.

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Volunteered i think. He was just a RP guy that wanted to have more RP on the shard and was willing to report on it. Bad thing was, he wanted to reprot RP on Pac where there isn't so much a RP presence.
Yeah Velv was a cool guy and he will be missed. Hopefully he jumps by on the Pac forums and says hello : D

J

Joy-ElF

Perhaps a turkey killing contest? *laughs*

I like doing events, but lack of guild members around to help limits what I can do. I have plenty of ideas if I had elfpower.

As for the RP on Pacific, there just aren't a lot of people out there now that are willing to give that particular playstyle a chance. It's not the "cool" thing to do on Pacific right now. ElF has dwindled to a fraction of what it was in the past 11 years, despite recruiting efforts. I've had folks tell me it's not worth the effort, that I should just let the guild die in peace...but I can't. Sablestorm has done a wonderful job of keeping the RP'ers that are left together, and we still get together for at least a drink every week(sometimes twice a week). He deserves a lot of respect for all that he does.

*gets off soapbox*

M

mutau

Tried the RP with some guys who liked the Old English. Nearly got lock jaw and arthritis from the thee and thous. But was fun as hell.

Joy, Don't listen to anyone that says to shut it down. You play like you want to play. `Nuf said.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have always figured The RP was in the template I'm playing at the time. And like the avatar I stepped into this glowing light "gate" in my back yard while taking my dog out for his nightly dump and I was high enough to be so stupid to walk into something (let alone a oval of light!) I have never seen before, and it whisked me to Britannia Hence why I speak in a modern tone.

(Edit)
BTW: My reds are mean because Cannabis does not grow in britannia and they know they have their stash in their home on earth and cant find a way to get back so they take it out on the peasants.

J

Joy-ElF

I'm sure there's some native Sosarian plant that produces those effects....you just have to smoke them all to figure out which one :stir:

Good idea though, having an avatar type character. I've long considered RP to be a very personal thing, and I don't like to try telling folks how they can and can't portray their character. The variety is the fun part and lights the way for endless story potential. :)