• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Explosives Needed

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Define Help !! *scrambles to get something not exactly sure what she needed* Count me in soon as I find out what !)
(Derrrr Never mind I forget you like putting in links!!)

The alarm was sounded in the distance, the breeze seemed to carried it throughout the lands as the news spread. Lily Zirkum was calling out for help. She ask any and all willing to gather supplies and prepare, for it was "time to clear the fallen rocks from the avalanche" so that the cave would be accessible to enter.

So much to do...so little time. Gathering what I could find I began to prepare hoping my magic could be of some use.

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Oh dear... more trouble.
I better stock on bandages and get my healer ready for another rough night.

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Good I just happen to be an explosives expert. Should be no trouble.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Until the rubble is cleared and the eldritch horrors that were trapped behind it are released and everyone's in trouble!

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might even be some spiders for Zath! (bump, if i keep doing this we wilbe back where we started !! hehe)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Spiders are fine! Eldritch horrors are not.
And I am sure there will be eldritch horrors trapped in those mines! There always are! ALWAYS! D:

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(Witches of Cove Journal)

The night was young, the breeze cool against the skin as the tavern of Minoc was filling with all manner of warriors ready to do battle if need be. Lily Zirkum had called upon the citizens for help. The Taverns special it seemed was Liver and Onions with peach obbler for desert! The crowd was getting restless as Lily had not arrived were they worried for her safety perhaps or not? Word was receive that Lily was well and on her way the crowd seemed to be suspicious at first then not so much as they sat drinking the wine while they waited.

The doors opened and there was Lily. She started the conversation by saying she hoped we had all been well since the last meeting and asked if anyone had seen the planting spots in Magincia. She continued to say that she had noticed some strange things where they grew and that the seeds were not the same as those we currently used. They seemed mutated somehow. She asked if we would like to see them before heading out to the cave.

She led us through the City of Minoc. The walk was long and uneventful. When we got to New Magincia she led us to the garden and showed us the new plants. They were indeed strange, but to me somehow beautiful as well. Lily seemed to know their name as well and she told us what it was. These new plants were called Ancient Mandrake Root and somehow they seemed to be related to the Ancient Black Pearl that had been recovered from the dolphins. I had no knowledge of this prior search so was a tid bit lost. I would have to look up more information of this later I thought to myself.

Lily went on to say that the plants had been growing very slowly taking almost twice as long to mature as the regular plants we all knew. She told the crowd that if they had a chance to grab one when it was full grown to please bring it to her. I wondered what it all meant having never seen the Black Pearl or the dolphins but it all sounded like a recipe of sorts to me. After veiwing the plants she led us all back to the tavern in Minoc once again.

Once in Minoc Lily jokingly said she hoped we were all prepared to get dirty. The laughter in her tone almost made me giggle as she spoke of wearing her explosion armor for the occassion. We all made ready to leave and she led the way to the cave that the avalanche had blocked. Our explosives in hand we began to break through the barrier slowly. After what seemed like hours Went broke through the barrier and slowly moved onward to where the final hole was blocked by rock. More explosives were placed and slowly the rock seemed to break and as enough room was made she passed through and bade us to follow.

The hole led us into an area, an island of sorts, that she said had long been forgotten by man. I had seen this island before while traveling the lost lands. The island was inhabited by wyren that roamed freely and seemed angered by our presence there. I was unable to see or hear much of what weas said there because of the continueous battle between man and beast. The wyren however were no match for the warriors but it was a never ending battle no one would win.

Lily asked that we all return to the tavern to discuss the days adventure and one by one we left. Something she said made little sense to me her words seemed jumbled in my head. Perhaps it was the battle or perhaps seeing the death of those poor creatures whos home we had invaded She said that "we had found an interesting or exciting group of rocks" sitting in my home I was still confused but one thing I could almost be sure of the anceint black pearl and the ancient mandrake root seemed to be ingredients for something that was yet incomplete.

Lily said there was one more thing that was needed and that the search would go on perhaps in her readings for she spoke of going to the library as she said her farewells. I stood there watching and wondering what more could be needed. As I thought about the names of the items recovered so far... Only thing I could think of was something to do with an Ancient Wyren perhaps or even an Ancient Lich. All the things seemed to be ingedients for a recipe or maybe even a new spell..

I sat in the cabin silent wondering about all I had seen and heard...perhaps in time we would all know.