• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Explainations Needed

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
1. WTF is "neutral" that's BS
2. Why are sigils starting to purify at the base?
3. How is everyone else keeping track of when they stole what sigil? I mean are you writing it down, along with who stole it at what time from where on some big spreadsheet? Should we really have to do that to play factions?
4. Anyone besides me want to go back to owning the towns for 3 days?
5. It says we own a town, yet as CL I cannot click the stone and hire finance ministers or sheriffs. WHY? We could before this event started...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. WTF is "neutral" that's BS
2. Why are sigils starting to purify at the base?
3. How is everyone else keeping track of when they stole what sigil? I mean are you writing it down, along with who stole it at what time from where on some big spreadsheet? Should we really have to do that to play factions?
4. Anyone besides me want to go back to owning the towns for 3 days?
5. It says we own a town, yet as CL I cannot click the stone and hire finance ministers or sheriffs. WHY? We could before this event started...
We were able to appoint Sheriffs and Finance Ministers last night on Great Lakes.

I just look at the clock when the sigs are placed to keep track.

Agreed on the time length of owning towns. 6 hours is much too short. Spent four hours from 8p to 12a guarding the sigs (great fights). After that we all stocked up on horses and most went to bed. When we wake up the sigs are in someone elses control...

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. The devs took to factions away from the pvpers so the carebears can play with it.

lol.. they said the short sigil timers will help casual players.. How are the casual players doing now that the sigs are corrupted by the time anyone who has a job gets home from work?

Its amazing how the devs over look pvpers.

oh and some people just write down the sig times, some people who have been doing it for a while just remember and keep track in there head,, but yeah you should have to do that... with a 10 hour corruption time,., not 6.. thats just silly.

F

Førsaken

I see all this crying, but I could have sworn I read that this 4 hour corruption time and 6 hour purifcation time was for the Event. Something that isn't permanent. I think the 4 hour corruption is fine, but maybe implement it to be during primetime hours somehow.. for both the "PvPer" and casual player. Just a thought. . .

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I see all this crying, but I could have sworn I read that this 4 hour corruption time and 6 hour purifcation time was for the Event. Something that isn't permanent. I think the 4 hour corruption is fine, but maybe implement it to be during primetime hours somehow.. for both the "PvPer" and casual player. Just a thought. . .
Or...
And this is "just a thought"
You could look at it from a pvper sense that we've been doing factions before this event started. That, in fact, it doesn't make sense to any casual player, and the fact that Draconi said while the trick or treating will cease on November 17th the invasion stuff will NOT. Therefore, our shortened sigil corruption time will last far longer than it should. How long does a faction own a city now? 10 hours?
How long can we keep our vendors up or buy horses? 6 of those 10?
Be reasonable.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I checked under my bed and you are definately not there...

But I am on the same page re: town ownership.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the pvpers are put on the side so the carebears can use our system for a few months? **** that. The system they have now is bull. The faction activity is up but it wont last long with no reason to take the towns especially when the sigils are back up and in someone elses base before you even wake up..

As for making it so only sigs and be fought over during 'prime time' tell that to the people who don't work in the morning but work all day or all night. The sigil timing right now helps no one, it only screws people over.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the pvpers are put on the side so the carebears can use our system for a few months? **** that. The system they have now is bull. The faction activity is up but it wont last long with no reason to take the towns especially when the sigils are back up and in someone elses base before you even wake up..

As for making it so only sigs and be fought over during 'prime time' tell that to the people who don't work in the morning but work all day or all night. The sigil timing right now helps no one, it only screws people over.
I agree with you Cardell, but I think 10 hours is too much. A 4-6 hour guarding time is OK - but the time you own the cities definately needs to be longer than 6 hours. At least 2 days.

There does need to be some added incentive for owning the towns. I'm not sure what - but something.

On a side note - I think the faction items were a huge bonus. It helps alot of the people who can't afford the top end gear a chance to get PvP ready and play.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I checked under my bed and you are definately not there...
I have hidden myself well!

But I am on the same page re: town ownership.
It's just a headache now as far as only owning a town for a few hours...
Half the time it says "Shadowlords" on the stone as owning the city but when I click the stone to hire a finance minister I get that stupid message about us not owning it.
It's confusing at best.

C

CatLord

dumb question but here goes...

why do the carebears have the advantage under this system?

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That was a silly question.

They make up the bulk player base, often have many more accounts then PvP'ers, and they have a much louder voice. This is a business.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is supposed to go on for months apparently. It doesn't end on the 17th of November like the Halloween stuff. There are a ton of problems and still no comment about it. I think people are already losing interest in trying to guard the towns because they are getting stolen so much.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That was a silly question.

They make up the bulk player base, often have many more accounts then PvP'ers, and they have a much louder voice. This is a business.
Couldn't be more true. Sadly. Especially since the factions is a pvp system...

D

Der Rock

Agreed on the time length of owning towns. 6 hours is much too short. Spent four hours from 8p to 12a guarding the sigs (great fights). After that we all stocked up on horses and most went to bed. When we wake up the sigs are in someone elses control...

hm, i wonder when the lawgiver will stop those things in online games.
dev´s, dont u know how many player will lose his job,or family,or school or what else because of such "u have to guard 6 or 12 houres"

Dev`s dont u know that u HAVE a social responsibility for ure playing people also

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hm, i wonder when the lawgiver will stop those things in online games.
dev´s, dont u know how many player will lose his job,or family,or school or what else because of such "u have to guard 6 or 12 houres"

Dev`s dont u know that u HAVE a social responsibility for ure playing people also
Its been 10 hours for how many years and I don't think I heard of a single person who lost his job.

The bottom line is 6 hours is too short. 8 is probably on the line and 10 worked just fine.

How long have you played factions btw?

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Shoot. During 24 hours guards I knew of at least a handful of people who lost their jobs.

Two TB also disappeared when the sigs were lost after 23 hours of defending. Nobody had heard from them in game or on ICQ again... :(

During the 10 hour defenses...I think I recall someone losing their job, but it was for bull**** reasons. They called in sick, but it wasn't forwarded or some crap and they were fired for job abandonment.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shoot. During 24 hours guards I knew of at least a handful of people who lost their jobs.

Two TB also disappeared when the sigs were lost after 23 hours of defending. Nobody had heard from them in game or on ICQ again... :(

During the 10 hour defenses...I think I recall someone losing their job, but it was for bull**** reasons. They called in sick, but it wasn't forwarded or some crap and they were fired for job abandonment.
If you get fired over UO its probably a good thing and you deserved it. This way your income stops, you can't afford UO, and you can go back to your life.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
they should of waited on the factiion event til after halloween there is to much going on like the magenica event for the rubble, the trick or treating, and the jasper/graveyard/khaldun event. Theses events is what most of the players are doing. I havent even seen that many players even doing the trammel town invasions when shadowlords or minocs own the towns. Im lucky to even see an invasion myself. and I havent been able to do the fel side of factions, because I'm doing the magencia event cuz Im addicted to rubble :p

S

Saleena

If you get fired over UO its probably a good thing and you deserved it. This way your income stops, you can't afford UO, and you can go back to your life.

I agree, Just Shut your computer down and and walk away slowly people! I get a kick out of people who dont work at all and This game is their life...Get out of your house go out meet people experience life for goodness sakes oh and maybe get a job:thumbup1:

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. The devs took to factions away from the pvpers so the carebears can play with it.
Lmao, sad but true.

Even worse is theyve loaded the game with too much crap, I feel like I'm playing on dial up. Safe to say I won't be playing much until I can move again. :sad3:

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lmao, sad but true.

Even worse is theyve loaded the game with too much crap, I feel like I'm playing on dial up. Safe to say I won't be playing much until I can move again. :sad3:
I hear ya, bere, this lag really suxs. I will be sooooo glad when this event is over and things go back to normal with the sigils, I am wore out running those blasted things all the time!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I hear ya, bere, this lag really suxs. I will be sooooo glad when this event is over and things go back to normal with the sigils, I am wore out running those blasted things all the time!
QFT

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like I tried to warn the devs on several different occasions. Everyone is getting burnt out over nothing. They put Pvpers in the factions on the side so carebears could have an event, in the safety of their own facet, that is based off US getting the towns. Pssht.. I say we let TB and COM have the sigs so there are no more invasions. ON ALL SHARDS!

WE SHOULD STRIKE. WE NEED TO STRIKE!

YES. WE SHOULD STRIKE... screw this. I'm sick of being looked over and ignored. Every suggestion i give is shot down by alpha carebears hiding in tram equiped with OUR faction items. We should get everyone to let COM and TB have the sigils on every shard. Make it so no trammies get any invasions until the Devs at least recognize and admit publicly that NONE of the devs are pvpers and do not put forth a good enough effort to have the pvpers represented in game changing decisions. Like many of the decisions that have worked us over the last couple of patches.

We've been asking for pretty much nothing but FIXES for the last couple of years and they throw pixels at us. I"M INSULTED.. And you all (pvpers) should be too.

They said they wanted to expand on the factions so everyone could participate. What did they do? They remove the balancing system and then add over powered items. After they threw the pixels (over powered armor/items) at us... they turn the sigil timer down. That's right. They said **** PVPERS. They can sit this patch out. They can burn themselves out busting there asses every god damn day getting the sigils so the trammies can get off on the invasions THAT WE earned. They said 'screw the pvpers, we (the devs) have been working them over for 30 some patches now and they still stick around. WHY TEND TO THE PVPERS NOW? The pvpers left in this game are loyal to the game and will pay to play anything we give them.'

I'M sorry but that is not good enough for me anymore. The items are over powered, the trammies are exploiting the hard work of the pvpers and never showing face in felucia. The thieves are getting burnt out from running back and forth every 2 or 3 hours of every day. Point farmers are way out of control, some shards have 1 faction bigger than all three of the others combined (front running), and oh yeah they didn't fix a god damn thing.

I think the only way to get the devs attention is by force. WE MUST STRIKE. WE MUST DESTROY AND EXPLOIT THERE SYSTEM PIECE BY PIECE. Make them rebuild it. But our way! This has been a system for fel pvpers for ever and when they wanted to expanded to the other facets we entertained the discussions expecting to get SOMETHING out of it. SOMETHING... ANYTHING. But what happened? They hamstringed us. They stabbed us in the back and simply ignore any tough question or criticism we put on the forums. Our complaints fall on def ears and even when they don't they look the other direction. Thats right, toward the trammies. We are second rate citizens in this game and that... is NOT ****ING COOL! ITS TIME WE TAKE OUR SYSTEM BACK!

CAN I HEAR A GOD DAMN AMEN?

STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
YES STRIKE!! STRIKE!!!

and lower the age of sexual consent

STRIKE STRIKE STRIKE!!

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!
I did one invasion only because it was in mag interfering with my rubble questing. I didnt get any kill points just silver to get kill points I think they would have to killer faction players in fel. if the carebears as you call us are probley joined to different factions killing each other to rack the points up to get those uber items. also they are probley warring each other so they can fight in tram. Your thinking like a pvper, and not like a carebear from trammyville.
I do agree with you tho, granted I'm more into guarding the sigils when i have a chance than doing anything else in factions, but I do see where your coming from factions should be left in fel and the bugs should be fixed. Champs, Peerless, and anti virtue drops didnt bring the tram based players to fel. Factions and uber items wont.Only way a trammy player would consider playing in fel is if no one could loot their armor off of their corpses if the insurance didnt work, and if the devs ever did that fel would ended being tram2.

S

Sir Kenga

I already see fights decrease in numbers, ppl lose motivation to steal and guard sigils, it's better to be at least 24 hours for purification process.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AMEN to that Anthius! Now convince the rest of the factioneers to do that, then the event will end today instead of the 17th.

I know you were trying your best in the focus group Anthius, you always have the right ideals and intentions to improve factions. What really irks me, is that when I am in the TB base trying defending the sigils, some blue TB runs in, hits the chest and off they leave, while Abdu is coming in on me! Geeze, that is sudden death for me when he is around.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"Pssht.. I say we let TB and COM have the sigs so there are no more invasions."

Meh. Thats why I was trying so damned hard for the sigs, at first. Not anymore, though. Few people in TB will guard. Those in CoM that guard wont place the sigs, because they want to keep their little trammie invasions going.

I'd be happy to let CoM have them, but we'd need to place one of our own in CoM to to be sure the sigs actually make it to the town post.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those in CoM that guard wont place the sigs, because they want to keep their little trammie invasions going.
Spoken like a true.. well.. dip****. Thanks for a laugh I guess.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay. When the sigs are all corrupted by CoM, I see a CoM thief on, yet they remain bouncing between bases. I even grab a sig, and intentionally die to a CoM. What does he do? Run it back to his base instead of the monolith 5 screens over. Go have fun with your invasion.

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Im new to the whole faction thing, Ive been reading about it all day and checking these boards a lot. I started my faction thief/ninja/archer (which is great for stealing and stealthing but dies way too fast) yesterday and stole 5 sigs in about 20 min. I brought them back to my (COM) stronghold and with the help of another faction member waited and waited, untill it was time. *here comes the question* do you only get silver and points if your the guy that puts the sig back on the town monliths? cause I didnt get a damn thing except a hole lot of death robes when the raid cam in. BTW whats a care bear? If Im one, you'll still rub my belly wont you?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Did you steal the sigils out of the cities or out of another's base?
You have to steal them out of the cities after they have been purified to get credit.

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stole them from another base. so how does the purification work? If i steal them from another base, and take them to my base for 4 hrs, whats next? take them back to the city right? The only thing I can think of is that I wasnt the guy that took them back to the cities. Also this might be a bug I dont know but my faction mates and I could rez each other they were thinking it was because I wasnt in their guild, but I was sure I read here somewhere that faction members can heal and rez eachother without belonging to the same guild.

Uncle Talbo

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just re-read your post I think I see what your saying... in order to get the points you have to steal from the city.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is so confusing, yesterday I and another thief from TB, place the sigils on the town post and we both received the points and silver. I know for a fact, we did not steal them from the town post. But before that, I placed them on the town post and didnt receive a point or silver. The sigils are so buggy, it is hard to tell when you will get rewarded for placing them on the town post.