• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Experiment - Adding storage to a classic villa

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem: Suppose one had a grandfathered villa, or one you needed to keep for other reasons, but needed to add storage (assuming all available storage upgrades already in place)

I had an idea, but wasn't sure if it was possible. To satisfy my curiosity I undertook to try the idea on test center. Here is the result:
villa-plus.jpg

I take it as read that anyone who has a grandfathered house has an account old enough to claim a garden shed.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Problem: Suppose one had a grandfathered villa, or one you needed to keep for other reasons, but needed to add storage (assuming all available storage upgrades already in place)

I had an idea, but wasn't sure if it was possible. To satisfy my curiosity I undertook to try the idea on test center. Here is the result:
View attachment 50889

I take it as read that anyone who has a grandfathered house has an account old enough to claim a garden shed.
how did you get the garden shed on test center?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yup, copied it from Europa - after I emptied it of course. And moved half the stuff that was around it before I could put it back! Bah!

SpellBreaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brilliant!

We just recently returned is there a new housing option on the test center that allows you to customize a classic house?

Be blessed,
Frederick

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Iam not sure but I think you can even add full floors on top to classsic houses with the new tiles.

Ofc it may look ****ty for some

But i think for houses with flat roof this could work Well. Like small Tower. 2 or 3 extral Level with a shed each.

Or the marble.

On houses with real roofs i dont think you can make it look proper.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Brilliant!

We just recently returned is there a new housing option on the test center that allows you to customize a classic house?

Be blessed,
Frederick
No, what you are seeing is the new craftable stone pieces used to add to a classic house. If you look in the homes and castles forum you will be able to see some fantastic things people have done to add to castles and keeps.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
part 3?
Here's what I did with a log cabin:

logcabin.jpg
Unfortunately the only way you can expand the tiniest houses is to convert to customized, but you can avoid losing precious floor space by building an external staircase.

Here's a converion of a small fieldstone house, with the external staircase and a ladder from a heritage token.

fieldstone1.jpg fieldstone2.jpg

Last edited: