• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EXODUS DUNGEON

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anybody can PLS explain to me how to get into (inside) Exodus Dungeon ?

T

Tazar

If you are in the right area (South of the gargoyle city) then head west to a strange pyramid structure... go inside there and drop into the star-patch in the center of the room.

There is a puzzle to get into there, but I believe that it should have been opened on every shard long ago.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem is I can't get inside at all : there are energy walls and my stealther can't get in :confused:

T

Tazar

If there are energy fields, then the puzzle is still in place. Are you on test? I'm surprised to see it in place on any production shard.

It's been ages since I had to do that, and I am not finding info to remind me on searching stratics and other sites.

I remember there are four pillars, one at each of the four corners of the pyramid. Climb the small steps to the top of the small pillars and the puzzle controls are there. Work all four puzzles and the fields will drop. Sorry, I do not remember the details of the puzzles!

Good Luck!

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's frankly been some time since I have done the puzzle but I can try to assist you. You can PM me what shard you're on or whatever is most convenient for you communication wise.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you so much Pike, your site is soooooooo helpful (for something else...I hope...............)

I wish I could join your guild -if you have one- with one of my char if you were on my shard (i don't think so:bored:).

:hug::hug::hug:

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tazar, sorry but what do you mean by : "work the puzzles" ?

How can I do that ?

Please, please, explain a little more :blushing:

T

Tazar

RoseBlue? What shard are you on? I'll see if I have a character there that can show you.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went there ; I double-clicked the control panel and the puzzle appeared ; then I started doing nothing and everything lol till I received a big electric choc lol better to be on a stealther/mage I think ; I cant heal myself:bored:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went there ; I double-clicked the control panel and the puzzle appeared ; then I started doing nothing and everything lol till I received a big electric choc lol better to be on a stealther/mage I think ; I cant heal myself:bored:
Hi I did get your message. I would take up Tazar on his offer as I don't have a character on your shard. I can still try to talk you through it if nobody can meet you in game though.

T

Tazar

Sadly, I do not have a character on Rose's shard either... and it has been way too long for me to remember the exact details of the puzzles to explain it... I'd have to be looking at it to recall the details.

If you can walk Rose through it, please do! I am currently trying to contact a few friends on that shard to team up and help - but seems everyone is out of town for the holiday weekend...

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
IT's a rectangular grid pathfinding puzzle - note that GM locksmiths get clues as to the proper path.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do not need to work the puzzles to get into the dungeon. Unless they've changed something massively since the last time I did the Spellweaving quest.

The location is in the southwest (lower left) corner of "Central Ilshenar." Central Ilshenar is located by going through the cave entrance north of the Honor Shrine, or the cave entrance southwest of the Compassion Shrine (in the Gypsy Camp known as "Compassion Village," just follow the mountains south and west).

Once you are in Central Ilshenar, find the evil-looking structure in the southwest corner. (This is entirely different from a couple of the other evil-looking structures you'll find along the way.) If you have UOAM it may be labeled either as "Exodus Dungeon" or "Power Core." And it's in the southwest corner.

Once you are there you'll see one large structure, and 4 small towers around it.

Walk into the large structure, through the great big holes/doorways.

Inside the big room, locate a cluster of black or "starry" tiles (I forget which). Walk onto these tiles; it will be a teleporter.

-Galen's player

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Rose. Leave a message on the Origin forum, I'll bet someone there will help you out. I would but I just mod there and my char is still pitiful. But there are several on Origin that I'm sure would be more than happy to help you out.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You do not need to work the puzzles to get into the dungeon. Unless they've changed something massively since the last time I did the Spellweaving quest.

The location is in the southwest (lower left) corner of "Central Ilshenar." Central Ilshenar is located by going through the cave entrance north of the Honor Shrine, or the cave entrance southwest of the Compassion Shrine (in the Gypsy Camp known as "Compassion Village," just follow the mountains south and west).

Once you are in Central Ilshenar, find the evil-looking structure in the southwest corner. (This is entirely different from a couple of the other evil-looking structures you'll find along the way.) If you have UOAM it may be labeled either as "Exodus Dungeon" or "Power Core." And it's in the southwest corner.

Once you are there you'll see one large structure, and 4 small towers around it.

Walk into the large structure, through the great big holes/doorways.

Inside the big room, locate a cluster of black or "starry" tiles (I forget which). Walk onto these tiles; it will be a teleporter.

-Galen's player
Thank you, I know very well were the location is.

No, you can't get in freely : there are energy fields and Tazar explained why.

Maybe you did your quest when the dungeon was opened, that's why.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Rose. Leave a message on the Origin forum, I'll bet someone there will help you out. I would but I just mod there and my char is still pitiful. But there are several on Origin that I'm sure would be more than happy to help you out.

It's allright Oriana.
I don't really mind if I can't do this quest and it is feasible on many shards : I don't know the ppl of Origin well (I should say : not at all :bored:) and this shard is almost empty all the time, anyway).

T

Tazar

Are you trying to do the spellweaving quest? you might try the one offered in Sanctuary instead... it does not require the trip into Exodus.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you trying to do the spellweaving quest? you might try the one offered in Sanctuary instead... it does not require the trip into Exodus.
I'm sure that's what its for. Not much other reason to goto Exodus. There are some nice hunting spots but...yeah. It's out of the way for most people. The larger Minions and higher-tiered gargoyles I like...Fun.

I would do the Sanctuary one myself. Not a nice place either but...no obstructions to deal with.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PS: As a little mention I tried it just now...I am still able to just walk in. This time, didn't even have to click the square. That said:

I will assume you aren't young status. You don't have any pending quests do you? (Can't think of any that would prevent entering).

I double-checked again though. Previously one would have to double-click in order to enter the dungeon. Now when I go there...I fall in. When I leave...I fall out so to speak. No clicking needed whatsoever.

Those points aside, I wouldn't goto Exodus or the Sanctuary without any method of healing.

You are entering the slots on either side of the stairs from the East yah? Not trying to second-guess you, but...it did not change. It is as Galen stated.

T

Tazar

Well... I just ran over there (Origin shard) and there are energy fields blocking the entrance to the lower and 2nd floor of the pyramid. Seems Origin is blocked, or for some reason, the puzzle resets daily here and not on other shards!

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Good idea Tazar:)

I should do that ; I was only hesitating because...250 boards + such & such is very heavy for my tamer :D

And you don't really look forward going in there lots of time :lol:

(btw, thanks for checking the shard by yourself, now everybody is on agreementrolleyes:)

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... I just ran over there (Origin shard) and there are energy fields blocking the entrance to the lower and 2nd floor of the pyramid. Seems Origin is blocked, or for some reason, the puzzle resets daily here and not on other shards!
Interesting. A bug? Yeah I checked a couple shards I have toons on but I don't have any on Origin. Thanks for checking there.

lol, how much STR does your tamer have? As long as you aren't carrying 5000 bandages you should be okay... :D

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was Origin in existence when they had the scenario that involved the Exodus Dungeon? The one that freed the Gargoyle City?

-Galen's player

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I found on Origin tonight around midnight Mountain Time.

Top Level:

2nd Level from Top (enter through one of the side slots; see black arrow for one example):

3rd Level from Top from Front of Building:

Another View of 3rd Level from Top from Side of Building:

3rd Level from Top NW Corner: (USE EITHER SLOT TO GET IN.)

3rd Level from Top SW Corner (USE SLOT TO GET IN.)

Bottom Level (Get there by walking onto the black/blue square in the middle of the third level from the top):

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice picture sequence Tina. Most excellent. That should help you now if you still decide to goto Exodus. I hope you can handle any paragons that are there. They aren't for the lets say...faint of heart. Those paragons can hold their own against any unsuspecting foe. :D

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NO, Tina's pictures are a LIE (don't know how...).

I've checked again and there is no way you can get inside the dungeon.

I HAD TO SAY IT.

T

Tazar

I'm starting to think that the puzzle may reset daily on Origin...

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NO, Tina's pictures are a LIE (don't know how...).

I've checked again and there is no way you can get inside the dungeon.

I HAD TO SAY IT.
Don't know what to tell you, RoseBlue. I'm there now and it all looks the same as the other night, save a paragon chaos demon that's chasing me around.

Make sure you do NOT go up any stairs and that you stay on the dirt. Run up to the north or west side of the dungeon and go through one of the "slots." There are three of them that are not blocked on the north and west sides of the dungeon.

Pictures from tonight:

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it has never worked ; I've checked multiple times, just by curiosity.

The only way she could get in, IF it's really on Origin ?(I mean : the pictures)...is if she was granted the access by a GM...or, a dev...who knows ?... Or, maybe she is one?...

OR she is an E.T. ...la

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, it has never worked ; I've checked multiple times, just by curiosity.

The only way she could get in, IF it's really on Origin ?(I mean : the pictures)...is if she was granted the access by a GM...or, a dev...who knows ?... Or, maybe she is one?...

OR she is an E.T. ...la
Rose, if the grandkids weren't here right now, I'd take you myself. But I can't. Maybe another time this weekend. PM me please.

RoseBlue

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should be able to go on my own...when I want to...

If it's opened to YOU, It should be opened to ME...

What else could I say???

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought it might be worthwhile to make a visit to the dungeon earlier in the day. Below is this morning's series of screen shots.

Rounding the corner to get to the north side of the building:

Lined up to enter the first open doorway on the north side of the building:

Standing in the doorway on the north side of the building:

Lined up to enter the northernmost doorway on the west side of the building:

Standing in the doorway:

Lined up to enter the southernmost doorway on the west side of the building:

Standing in the doorway:

Inside view of the blocked doorways on the south side of the building:

Inside view of the blocked doorways on the east side of the building:

Inside view of the blocked door on the north side of the building:

On the way to find some exodus minions:

Exodus minions located:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ha excellent screen shot sequence. I'm not sure why you can't get in but I would check ALL of the doorways and then page a GM if that is still the case for you.

Additionally, you mentioned something about a stealth/mage? Don't enter in stealth mode perhaps.

lol...going to go make a character on Origin and see what is going on. Back in a few.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay well RoseBlue...I'm not sure what you're doing wrong? BUT...I just did this on a character I have NOT played in about a solid year. I had no troubles...aside from dying. I just did this to show you:

Entering from the West > Far end here.

And then the other side is open as well.

You cannot enter from the front or from the south end. In fact, if I had remembered sooner I had this character...could just give you a personal walkthrough. I went there naked though. Hope the info helps.

Attachments