• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Exceptional Cooking BODs

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Or change the sweet cocoa butter to cocoa butter or sweet dough on the deeds.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Kyronix

Cooking BODs need reworked. The table here appears to indicate that BODS should go to exceptional, which makes sense for every food capable. The OP's example of a food that isn't, which breaks its LBOD.

The real problem though is that most BODs won't go to exceptional even if their foods CAN, leaving gaping holes in the point spread.

Examples:
Unbaked Pies LBOD - should be able to be exceptional...but its not possible. All the food can be marked.
This leaves a hole in the point spread from 300 - 500, if you don't have a sweets LBOD...BUT WAIT! (Currently, the max you can get from this LBOD is 300.)

The Sweets LBOD won't go exceptional either! Even though all its foods CAN! So another hole from 560 - 600. (Currently, the max you can get from this LBOD is 400.)

The Magical LBOD indicates that it can go exceptional, although only one of its items can even be crafted exceptional (the egg bomb). (Currently, the max you can get from this LBOD is 450.)

Miso Soups and Sushi work just fine, but burning these BODs just to get a lesser reward than they are worth isn't going to sit well with most people. Banking isn't a viable option either, most of the lesser BODs net you 1 whole point.

Please make all the tiers work properly.

Garrett.

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
@Kyronix

Cooking BODs need reworked. The table here appears to indicate that BODS should go to exceptional, which makes sense for every food capable. The OP's example of a food that isn't, which breaks its LBOD.

The real problem though is that most BODs won't go to exceptional even if their foods CAN, leaving gaping holes in the point spread.

Examples:
Unbaked Pies LBOD - should be able to be exceptional...but its not possible. All the food can be marked.
This leaves a hole in the point spread from 300 - 500, if you don't have a sweets LBOD...BUT WAIT! (Currently, the max you can get from this LBOD is 300.)

The Sweets LBOD won't go exceptional either! Even though all its foods CAN! So another hole from 560 - 600. (Currently, the max you can get from this LBOD is 400.)

The Magical LBOD indicates that it can go exceptional, although only one of its items can even be crafted exceptional (the egg bomb). (Currently, the max you can get from this LBOD is 450.)

Miso Soups and Sushi work just fine, but burning these BODs just to get a lesser reward than they are worth isn't going to sit well with most people. Banking isn't a viable option either, most of the lesser BODs net you 1 whole point.

Please make all the tiers work properly.
Great 'in a nut shell' post Dot, have you emailed this in too? Maybe get better attention that way if the Dev's have been over run with @ tags for all the other issues with the latest publish.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 4x set LBOD for cakes:
pan of cookies
cake
muffins
A Three Tiered Cake

LBOD and SBOD for "pan of cookies" are possible to bribe up to 20 exceptional.
SBOD for "A Three Tiered Cake" is not possible to bribe to exceptional, normal only.

:bdh:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have 4x set LBOD for cakes:
pan of cookies
cake
muffins
A Three Tiered Cake

LBOD and SBOD for "pan of cookies" are possible to bribe up to 20 exceptional.
SBOD for "A Three Tiered Cake" is not possible to bribe to exceptional, normal only.

:bdh:
@Kyronix

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just turned in 43 cooking sBODS... o.0:coco: (All were collected today...I don't even want to think how many characters I have who collect the BODs...)

Finally got all the pieces for the Sushi LBOD, so I guess it was worth it. Kept a bunch for of new ones for later, but have another 16 that I can burn.

I think I need to go outside... *wanders into the rain, looking rather dazed*

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MrsBug and I addressed the problem with cooking BODs in a post last week. Muffins come to mind as they can't be exceptional but yet there's a large BOD that requires exceptional. I put in a bug report about this last Friday and they haven't replied. I'm starting to doubt they will and it's frustrating. Not sure what needs to be done to get their attention on this but I give up.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think they've heard the issues and hopefully understood them.. But UO dev teams are typically horrid at remembering to make "We heard you, fixes soon!" type posts. Kyronix is usually pretty good about it though... :confused2:

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think they've heard the issues and hopefully understood them.. But UO dev teams are typically horrid at remembering to make "We heard you, fixes soon!" type posts. Kyronix is usually pretty good about it though... :confused2:
I like your optimism. I'll put the BODs in a book and hold onto them. I had wanted to complete one of them for another plum tree because I wouldn't waste as many points as using one of the "sushi" ones.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like your optimism. I'll put the BODs in a book and hold onto them. I had wanted to complete one of them for another plum tree because I wouldn't waste as many points as using one of the "sushi" ones.

If you use a 15, normal miso deed, you get dead on the right points, no waste required :)

I'm peeved about the BODs as well, as I too have a book of em. Part of my problem is a lack of sugar; the canes really need to give seeds now.

I've also got hovering wisp & nexus core BODs, in the hope that if they're going to be removed, there will be some mechanism to exchange them, unfilled, for more useful BODS.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm peeved about the BODs as well, as I too have a book of em. Part of my problem is a lack of sugar; the canes really need to give seeds now.
Let me guess...you have a bag full of sweet cocoa butter BODs too. ;) Another silly one is the fish oil flask. Thankfully, I had kept some of my coffee plants but it's going to take a few weeks to get enough coffee grounds. That one makes me chuckle every time I harvest the pods.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me guess...you have a bag full of sweet cocoa butter BODs too. ;) Another silly one is the fish oil flask. Thankfully, I had kept some of my coffee plants but it's going to take a few weeks to get enough coffee grounds. That one makes me chuckle every time I harvest the pods.

Lol, a book, but yeah!

I'm fortunate that I can read/do bulk making runs while I work most of the time - although wouldn't you know it, one of the things I'm doing at the moment is one of the ones I have to really concentrate on! - and I've found filling all BODs to be a lot easier if I just make lots of everything that stack. I've not put my coffee plants away - added more to the collection, in fact - so I've been doing ok with grounds for fish oil flasks. Wheat wort & parrot wafers are mildly irritating though. Dough is just, well, I'm a GM cook, fgs, it's insulting! And what is with the rotworm stew?

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*lol* I've wondered the same thing about the rotworm stew. Why does a cook/baker want that? Maybe that's where they coined the term, "mystery meat"? :scholar: I think my characters are about to become vegetarians. :danceb:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*lol* I've wondered the same thing about the rotworm stew. Why does a cook/baker want that? Maybe that's where they coined the term, "mystery meat"? :scholar: I think my characters are about to become vegetarians. :danceb:

Meat pies, with unnamed meat, bring CMOT Dibbler to mind ...

Malee

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Saw this while reading about meet and greet. Thought it would be good to copy over to this thread.

Mesanna: Greetings

EM Asiantam: about BODs
EM Asiantam: cooking rewards are too poor
EM Asiantam: for example
EM Asiantam: it is hrd to obtain sack of sugar
EM Asiantam: hard
EM Asiantam: but we get many orders of cocoa butter which requires sugar

Mesanna: we will add more ways to get sugar

EM Asiantam: and also
EM Asiantam: can you fix there are some HQ BOD existing
EM Asiantam: which we can't create HQ items?

Mesanna: we are talking about a way to correct this
Mesanna: known issue

EM Asiantam: how about adding berry tree?
EM Asiantam: berry is also hard to obtain

Mesanna: we will be adding other items in the future
Mesanna: berries do not grow on trees
Mesanna: we have been asked for a lemon tree

EM Asiantam: in the bush?

Mesanna: what kind of berry are you wanting

EM Asiantam: tribal berry
EM Asiantam: hard to obtain

Mesanna: you mean from the savages?

EM Asiantam: yes
EM Asiantam: it is 10% drop
EM Asiantam: we need 1 hr to collect 20 berries
EM Asiantam: berry tree please
EM Asiantam: or berry bush?

Mesanna: we will add to more mobs or increase the chance
Mesanna: not putting those into a bush
Mesanna: we can fix it so they drop more often

EM Asiantam: thank you

Mesanna: thank you

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excellent! Thank you for posting that. It sounds like they're working on getting these issues fixed. I was glad to read that the tribal berries will drop more frequently. That will go a long way in helping with those BODs.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Finally I got sweet cocoa butter SBOD and can't bribe it to exceptional to match exceptional LBOD