• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Evil Omen curse won't wear off

• Thread starter imported_Hawkeye_Pike
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Hi all,

since a few months I have a red icon in my buff bar. Only today I found out that the icon is identical to the Evil Omen spell of a Necromancer. I fear that this curse affects my skills in some way. How do I get rid of it, since it won't wear off by itself?

Thanks for helping!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go fight some of the spellbinders in Old haven, let them cast some spells on you. After a while leave and let the icons wear of before you log off.

They need to cast evil omen back on you so that the icon timer restart again to wear off.

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Thanks for helping!
Is this a bug? I mean, that it won't wear off by itself after some time?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It does wear off. It just a bug that when you log out when the icons still on the icons won't dissapear.

You don't realy have the spell on you anymore, its just the icons that keeps showing.

G

It has worn off ... hovering over the icon should show time remaining as zero. There are a couple others that "stick" like this and typically getting the spell recast on you will successfully take the icon away. <shrug>

I have had a couple instances where it took 3 tries to get it off ... but it will eventually go away on recast.

G

the icon system in UO is very very bugged. Its just another example of how poorly the bugs get fixed in this game.

90% of the time I have some debuff icon on me, that isn't really there.

real helpful when I pvp and don't know what negative effects are on me or aren't (

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Yeah, that really is annoying. It took me 2 or 3 months to actually find out, what that icon means. (I do not use Necromancy and thus never have seen the icon.) I tried everything to get rid of it: Left- and right-clicking, shrines, etc. A red icon can be disturbing when you don't know what it does.

I think I got this curse when accidentally exiting the moongate at Felucca/Yew. Some dude attacked me and I guess he was a necromancer.