• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ever said people should move from Luna to a Britannian bank? Now's the chance

Do you want to move the main player area away from Luna? (choose any # of options)

• Yes - I really want to move

Votes: 25 45.5%
  • Yes - but I'll only move if everyone else does

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - Keep Luna no matter what

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • No - But I'll move from Luna if everyone else does

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I want to move to New Haven

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • I want to move to West Brit Bank

Votes: 27 49.1%
  • I want to move to Skara Brae

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • I want to move to Moonglow

Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I want to stay right here in Luna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to move away from Luna, doesn't matter where!

• I want to move away from Luna, but the city I want isn't listed in the poll

• Total voters

EM Spriggan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I held a little impromptu meeting with Atlantic's players today to discuss a move from Luna to a Britannian city (no items given out and meeting was only announced half an hour before hand, so you didn't miss out on anything if you didn't know about it). We believe that this is something that most players want, but so far no one has done anything to make it happen.

This meeting was only an initial assessment of player interest in actually leaving Luna behind for another location. I initially presented New Haven as an option, but the attendees were almost universally against that.

As I see it, the main points to consider include:
Can the players easily access the new city?
Does the new city have all the NPC shops near the bank?
Is the bank near the moongate?

The main city candidates that came out in the discussion were Skara Brae, West Brit, and Moonglow.

When a new city to move to is finally chosen, we hope to add a two-way permanent gate from the bank to that city's moongate (if necessary), add some minor decoration (again, if necessary), and move the event crier to that town.

Remember, nothing is set in stone yet. We're looking at ideas, thoughts, and opinions on the matter right now, not telling you that X city WILL be the new Luna.

One final note, a project like this will affect the entire shard. Player feedback is ESSENTIAL in making this become a reality. As EMs, Bennu and I are here to serve the players.

Please take a moment to voice your thoughts, and let us know what city that YOU would be happy moving to (or even if you'd rather stay in Luna)

Thanks!

- Spriggan

(for the poll, you can choose as many options as you want. so tell if you want to move, and where you want to move)

K

KingTatwin

I was there on my crafter and am really excited about some of the ideas bounced back and forth. I am looking forward to the next meet to exchange ideas. 1 vote brit by the way lol.

-Tatwin aka Budo

B

Beleth of Atlantic

West Brit bank was the most populated bank on Atlantic in the past followed closely by Moonglow at one time, and Skara Brae at another time.

West Brit already received numerous decorations and benefits (from Mesanna I believe) and would make the most sense to repopulate so thats where my vote went. I would love to see it's rebirth as the shards center of commerce as it is where I spent numerous holidays trying to trade various gifts for others, buying horses before pet bonding, etc.

Luna Bank is just too small!

One idea I had during the community center proposal was add moongates to the 4 corners of Luna that would link to the location of choice. This would promote easy access to Luna vendors (which is why Luna bank is so popular) and a very quick way to bank after shopping.

M

MySavannahRanger

Hello this is Mosby. and sry, i cant type or spell.
From what i have heard, and from what i saw at the meeting(not much time spent), This has all come across to me as an attempt to destroy Luna. Not an attempt to make a more desirable location to draw the crowds from Luna. Luna was presented to the players in game and the players have made it what it is. If players did not like it , they wouldn't hang out there, there are no magical forces keeping players in Luna that need to be destroyed by the mighty EM. The only interest i saw at the meeting were players interested in owning the new vendor locations around your selected town.
And please explain to me why we are trying to create a "New Luna" if we dont like the Luna we have.
I am a personal fan of West Brit. I just dont get why we have to destroy something that works (Luna) and force players to go somewhere else. Many attempts have been made by players to populate WBB and they have worked. But sure as everyone starts hanging out at WBB an event or invasion comes along that will kill someone if they get a drink or use the restroom. Untill recently Luna bank was safe as where WBB wasn't. I think players like the security of the walls. Most players bank sit when they are to preocupied to be fighting or doing something that requires your strict attention. So i believe a safe Haven (not new haven) would be a good idea for "your" "New Luna".
And yes i am a Luna house owner and i do have personal interest. I do not take this as a personal attack, but i do take it as an attack, on myself and what the players have created.
Whenever you decide to talk of a Great place to coincide with Luna, Please make it known and i will offer my support and ideas.
Mosby

T

Tazar

I'd vote for the pending new community center if it were an option. Hopefully we have made it attractive enough to overtake Luna in ease of use, etc.

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Savannah Ranger has a few good points.

The community ' sat ' at WBB, and Skara alot in the past. There were always a group that prefered Luna, but it all evened out.

Then came the invasions. The Ophids ran most folks out of Skara pretty quick. The Ogres/Lizard invasion ran alot of out Britain years ago.

Now after these invasions people did return. A bit slowly, but they did return.

I think the final nail in the coffin was the invasions that had the thieves & the Crimson Dragons. People left during that invasion and have never returned in numbers since then.

Tomas Bryce ran a contest and gave away tons of gold to repopulate WBB. It worked for the duration of the contest then the community returned to Luna.

We can redecorate and rearrange the NPC's all we want. But if an invading force enters that town you are going to see people leave again.

In light of all the above, I too think the pending new community center would be a better approach. Hopefully if we are near a town we have a drawbridge to raise! That way the devs can invade where ever their hearts desire, and we can bank sit, and commune in safety.

F

Falcon of Atlantic

I love Zento bank, but would hate to see it corrupted by the "big business" traders :p

I think Brit bank might be the best, if only out of nostalgic reasons.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Valid points all over this thread.

For nostalgia reasons I prefer WBB,

For ease of one stop shopping it's Luna hands down.

If I want to conduct banking or any other business in solitude it's Umbra. I like the evil dark look so just keep all the legendary bank sitters and spammers outta there :)

I think you can try your best to drive the community anywhere but it's the community that decides where they go and stay. Yes Brit was invaded a few times, the community moved while the invasion was going on. The invasion stopped and community came back. I don't think invasions are what killed WBB. It was not until xsharding and people leaving other shards to move to Atlantic that Luna became the place to be imo. Other shards had made Luna their community center long before Atlantic did. We just finally followed the crowd like a herd of cattle, it just took us a little while was all.

One things for sure tho, No place will ever beat luna out for player vendors. Zento was billed (and designed) as that but look at it now.

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless you have authorization from the developers to totally invade and depopulate Luna, you are never going to repopulate anywhere else.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BURN LUNA TO THE GROUND!

I’ve said it before… and I’ll say it again. Luna is criminal infested and a horrible place! It should be burned to the ground!!!

But seriously…

Yes, scammers love hanging out in the Luna bank… books dropped all over, all the time for questionable web sites. But why can't we add just a little historical realism to this area?

For example, look back in real life history… in medieval times, how long exactly did a major metropolis like Luna last with no fire department… no police… no government? Answer: Not long at all! Where are the pickpockets? Where are the fires? As far as I can remember, ever since this horrible idea sprung into existence, there has never really been any actual mayhem or events. A few gem-spewing monsters spawned awhile ago. Bank-sitters got killed. A good time was had by all. However, unlike the tram cities… no invasions. Invasions that basically crippled the community of the West Brit Bank. Why was the community ruined? Because no one wants to try and sell or buy goods with serious monster spawn running off the customers!!! This player run marketplace is more historical accurate to the time. It's about time something be done to repair the damage.

How we can positively effect change, ideas:

1. Random fires break out for the crowding and filth.
  2. Stacks of garbage attract wild animals that will attack players.
  3. Bans of NPC criminals harass the population from time to time.
  4. In the house area, unattended golem "skill builders" get killed by bandits.
  5. We introduce NPC guards that haul vagrants (unattended bank-sitters) to jail.
  6. Tax collectors harass spammers that sit all day long.
  7. Burn the whole thing to the ground and make Luna a rubble city like Maginica was for all these years.

Just some ideas. lol :popcorn:

M

MySavannahRanger

Well, im glad to see someone atleast put some thought into destroying Luna.
But, once again why Destroy Luna and force everyone to another location. The spammers and scammers will follow the crowds.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The spammers and scammers will follow the crowds.
Not only follow the crowd, but also drop books everywhere they can. It seems everywhere there is an LLTS book (which is everywhere) there is a questionable web site one within a screen or two.

T

ttop24

I think a move should only be made if it can repopulate all the towns back to its former glory, I remember have a house and guild between vespar and minoc, at any time you could go to either of these towns and people would be around, you could sell goods interact with people and it was a good time. Now we have ghost towns, building going to waste. Ask your self this, when was the last time you went to vespar? Minoc? Trinsic? Or a matter of fact any town other then luna or brit to get a focus. Why have these towns if they are not used or only used by someone who got lost along the way?

This game wasnt about one town it was about a world and now it has come down too one town, one dungeon.

Lets return Uo Back to its former glory.

And this isnt all about the players, its about where EA and the game creators want to take this game. There is no advertising for this game. You use to go to a store like kmart, walmart ect.... and find this game on every shelf. Now you cant find it unless its on ebay. Crowds are dwindling, less people playing. The only people you see are the same 100 people every day. I remember when dungeons where over flowing with people the banks where loaded and Anything you wanted to do was at your fingertips, limitless only to your imagination. Where has this gone?

Lets bring back all the towns and all the people, Lets not just limit this too one town

BobbyBoggie

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
On GL everyone was at WBB. But there was a gate that was right there... its a pain in the ass with no gate.

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need to get a dev to permanently reroute the Brit moongate to the bank. I mean so that when you select Brit from a different gate, there you are.

Minor but persistent invasion of Luna. Non-aggressive Haven-style zombies in the outer ring of player housing. They're just there for flavor, not to harrass house owners.

Inner bank area hit with a constant spawn of a few liches and daemons. Nothing really serious, just something you wouldn't feel comfortable going AFK amid.

I reiterate that without developer support you won't be able to move the population. The current EM program does not seem to include sufficient power.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted this on the community center post, but figure ill put it here as well. I hate luna bank, and would really be happy with a simple gate from luna to west brit bank. I dont know why we have a one way only gate that sucks people from brit and into luna. I Really dont understand this, heck even silly Toad town got a gate from luna.

I also highly agree with ttop and evilpixe; it would fun and keeping with the game just to simply have luna be invaded by hundreds of deamons, or dragons, or super mongbats or whathaveyou. People would simply disperse and conduct business somewhere else. Of course afterwards it would probably be exactly the same tho.

Anyway, yeah the community center is a great project, it would take alot to make it work. Heres the thoughts i posted on the idea.

Smoot
Journeyman

Im glad to see this post pop up again, i was interested in it when it first came up but honestly forgot about it.

Tazar's devotion to Atlantic is like no other and i have great respect for him, and the work that has been put into this project. Currently i kinda have to agree with PAS tho. The center would be something new to check out, so id like to see it done even if it gets abandoned (which would be a shame but it might become another luna fairgrounds, etc etc)

For new players, we already have New Haven. Thats why Haven was bulldozed, to help new players.

Im basically neutral on the subject overall other than i would love to see luna bank abandoned, although im all for Anything that would promote community.

The thing i think would make or break this community center would be the incentive. Tazar you mention this alot, but dont really have any suggestions that i think would work. NPCs, crafting areas, boats, a bank, we already have all that. Brit bank was decorated and yeah it looks pretty. Bonuses to anything, well i kinda just think most people would recall in and out. I'm sorry this all is negative, but i think its the reality.

There has to be a really good, solid, lasting, real incentive for people to use the center. ... After thinking about it for a few mins, i still cant think of anything. If i think of something workable ill post again i guess.
Maybe ill post later with an idea.

Smoot
Journeyman

Default Re: Atlantic Community Center Proposal, Please Read and Comment.
Possible "Incentives"

A PVP dueling pit

The entire area functioning as an inn, small thing but i know i would be more likely to keep a character there if i didnt have to go to an inn for instant logout.

Sadly, a vendor house. Built and run by Messana or a responsible appointed player.

Stealable items spawning in the area.

Vanity pets spawning in an area close by.

A close by "mini spawn" easy enough for newer players to complete, with rewards not high enough for an established player to really want to do it. Perhaps low drop rate of 110 scrolls (the prices of these are so high since scroll binding)

Anyway those are my ideas to keep a the area alive and keeping with the proposed function of a new community center.

M

MySavannahRanger

Well, looks like the flame went out on the poo kettle. I brought the spoon, but there is nothing to fuel the fire.
I am all for a Community center. My issues are with the verbal attack on Luna. The scum everyone speaks of and complains about have nothing to do with Luna. They are not Luna house owners or even accomplished players in the game. It does not matter where we gather. Those that pray on people that are foolish enough to put themselves in the situation to get scammed, will follow the crowds. Some speak of making Luna more like the markets of midevil times, where there were people that preyed on the uninformed as they still do to this day in highly crowded markets all over the world.
I have seen the discusions about what is actually illegal, and what is just dishonest play. Just my opinion, but i bet the vast majority of people that say they were scammed, were just the pray of a dishonest person. Not the victum of illegal play.

My main reason for this post is to reinforce my most positive comment and suggestion.
I now remember exactly what ran me from West Brit Bank for the final time.
!!!! FREAKIN GIANT TURKEYS!!!!
Honestly, i mean no offence, but one of the EM's needs to hang out at the WBB one evening during this Turkey mess. People lore these turkeys to the bank so that they will lore on the innocent bystanders. While the Turkey is attacking the innocent they attack the Turkey. Is what they are doing illegal? I would say no. The Turkeys spawn in town and can be lored to the Bank by a player simply trying to escape. But its the attitude, of "so what if they die, its the only way i know how to kill it". Not illegal or dishonest just rude and inconsiderate.

Guess where its safe to look away from my screen, long enough to push all these buttons?
Thats right, Luna Bank. :)

main toon / Mosby

M

MySavannahRanger

I would also like to share my oppinon about some of the other ideas i have seen on this post and possibly others i have seen.

There are some really good ideas. I just wish i had a better idea of what power the Em's have and what the Developers are willing to do.

1. If the Draw bridge(possible hint, hint was given, i believe) was up at WBB no Turkeys could be lored from the near by woods. I will continue to argue myself, that a safe haven is the key to even begin developing a Community Center.

2. A Moongate. Not a one way portal, but possibly a moongate with more options than any other gate. Another idea, is a regular moongate aswell as a Dungeon Moongate, that is a one way trip to Dungeon entrance of your choice. Whats the difference if we just buy or bum a rune and recall there anyway.

3.Skill training bonuses. Have designated areas that provide very slight bonuses to crafting. Such as the ability to succeed more often(more chances for skill gain), but Not a bonus to the power of the item crafted. Having disposal chest like the banks have would also benifit these areas.

4.Low level powerscrolls. Just a thought or direction for the low level power scrolls. I have no idea how this would work, but beleive it would involve more than just the EM's ( no disrespect to thier power, just consideration for their limitations). The Community Center could have a two way gate to heartwood(arive at same location as if you entered from Yew sparklies). Now that there are other ways to get recipe scrolls, you can get rid of the Quests that incourage scripting. Replace the rewards with 105 and 110 powerscrolls with the skill used to complete the quest on the scroll. In order to keep it from being a Scroll Farm, I would suggest that the Skill Cap raise can be delivered to the charater directly upon completion of the quest, as if they had eatin the scroll. In order to keep its place in the chain of training and game progression a similar template to the following could be used. A character must be atleast 90 natural in the skill to accept a 105 power level quest for that skill and atleast 100 natural skill to accept a 110 power level quest.

5.Gates to the four corners of the Luna vendor house market. I must admit. When i first saw this, even i thought to myself "this would promote Luna". But i was wrong. The players love the vendor market. If you put a seprate gate to each corner, this would be the greatest promotion to move from Luna bank, to the Community Center. You can't control what the players want, but you can have the easiest access to it.

6.Dualing Pits. This would be a great attraction. Have a quest or the ability to buy tokens. One player buys or earns both tokens(linked) and hands the other token to the person they want to dual. Both players have to activate their tokens(accepting the dual). Timer starts on tokens, when timer hits 0, both players are teleported to the pit, exstinguishing any precast spells or checked specials. I picture the Pit or Pits being 1 level subsurface with no roof. Railing around ground level for spectators to gather. Obviously there would need to be a spell blocked area around ground level of pit, speech block a possiblity aswell. Time in Pit limited to 2 or 3 minute period. Dead or alive both leave when time is up, coinciding with other tokens and haveing next group enter, if there is a line. I would suggest that there be no given reward, looting rights, or even player won insurance money. I would be against any records or list of wins, aside from Strict EM ran Events. These things would only cause issues and hurt feelings. I believe that bragging rights will be enough and bring a steady flow of entertainment.

7.Controling Spam. Limit player speech to a limited amount of text characters for a certain time span. Similar to the house placement tool. You use up your text characters, you have to wait it out to talk again. Could be calibrated so that the faster you spill out text characters, the faster you text character pool is drained with exaggerated penalties.

I can Imagine great possibilitys for Deco and Design for the Community Center as a whole.

*I do not and will not support any of the ideas that are intended strictly to harass players*

These are only my additions to, or reposting of Ideas that i have read. These are not the only good ideas that are out there, just the ones i have positive input and additions to.

Please feel free to add to my additions and deviate from my deviations. Maybe someone knows, but I would like to have a better idea of the time and resources the EM's and Designers plan to devote to this. Once again no disrespect is intended, It would just help me personaly imagine the intent, and to limit or broaden my ideas, thoughts and opinions.

I would hate to think that this talk is nothing more than an attempt to just move a crowd. The crowd will go where they want to go. If there is no intent to design a place where people want to be, then there is no point.

Mosby

M

MySavannahRanger

Well i suppose i need to back track. I can only apolagize for not knowing my way around these forums. I personaly just thought it was a dead subject. I didn't realize this post would just be abanndoned and others started. Or maybe i just dont get the concept of the posts and how it all works. Reguadless, I have read some of the other posts. I see that a lot of effort has been put into the Community Center. I appologize for any doubt.
What i saw and read appears to be a well thought out and put together project. If any of my ideas can be adapted to fit or assist in the proposal, someone feel free to post them where ever they need to be. I recon i will just leave everything to you computer savy folks. I'll just go play the game and mind my own buisness.

Mosby

M

MySavannahRanger

Burning down luna will not bring your shop anymore buisness. Try pulling vendors off walls, so that they can be seen. Dont force folks to have to walk into your house "which you are more proud of than they are" to shop.
Worst of all, and obviously i can't prove it. The last time you talked to me "Mosby" in game, you admited to haveing two rental vendors in Luna. Shame on you!

Skrag

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Speaking of vendor malls, if you have more than two noise-making statuettes turned on in your house you should be shot. Nobody is delighted to hear a dozen agonized cat-screams or whatever when they walk up to your vendors.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
if you have more than two noise-making statuettes turned on in your house you should be shot.
Dude, you probably don't have a clue where I live in game, but ask anyone that does and they will tell you the you should never ever EVER visit my house :lol:

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend