• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Event: THE GREAT SEA BATTLE (Jan. 23rd, 9pm EST)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We recommend all guilds of Britannia to participate in a most fun and challenging event:

The Great Sea Battle (January 23rd, 9pm EST)

Heave-ho, mighty seafarers of Britannia! Prepare your ships for battle! Hire a skilled crew! Because there will be the biggest sea battle of Britannia EVER. It will take place in a large bay in Trammel. The bay will be big enough to allow at least 10 ships to maneuver and escape. The inlet of the bay will be blocked by anchored boats. We will meet at the Jolly Roger Inn. A map can be found here.

The rules:

• Any equipment is allowed.
  • No pets, mounts and summoned creatures.
  • No poison fields.
  • One of the two planks must remain unlocked during the whole battle to allow entering.
  • The unlocked plank can be kept closed (but still unlocked) by the crew to prevent entering.
  • Going ashore is forbidden and will lead to disqualification.
  • It is allowed to resurrect dead crew members on the boat, who may re-join the battle.
  • Thus, reskilling is allowed. If you want to give up, remain a ghost until the battle is over.
  • The battle ends when there's only one crew left. At least one person of this crew has to be alive.

It is recommended to have one ship per guild, so you only have to fight enemy guilds. This way, a wider variety of attacks is available and hidden persons can be detected (see footnote). All participating guilds should have declared (at least temporarily) war on each other. Equipment should be insured, as you may not be able to loot your corpse in time!

[Note: Area attacks (like potions, field spells, area attack spells, etc.) will not damage people who are in your own guild or alliance, i.e. people who highlight green to you. They only will damage people from an enemy guild, i.e. people who highlight orange to you.]

Hawkeye Pike

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Note: If you wish to participate, it could be advisable to report to Pike early so we can make sure all guilds are warring with all other guilds.

I'd hate to have to make a bunch of guilds just for the duration of the event...

C

CatLord

USS! guild made for the duration of the Event... we're moving all of our drow clones and their friends to it.

Currently warring UP...

what are the battle rules??

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
War with USS! has been established.It would be good if other participating guilds would post here, too.

The battle rules are listed in the original posting.

A

A Rev

Would have been interesting but as my chars are in factions(and most guildmates chars are red) im assuming it wont be possible to attend.

If however a faction blue can take part i may just 1 man fight on my own boat :)

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depending on how this event turns out, I will consider holding the next sea battle in Felucca. I only have concerns because of accidental murder counts.

C

CatLord

Would have been interesting but as my chars are in factions(and most guildmates chars are red) im assuming it wont be possible to attend.

If however a faction blue can take part i may just 1 man fight on my own boat :)
You are welcomed to our BattleShip... :grouphug:

A

A Rev

Depending on how this event turns out, I will consider holding the next sea battle in Felucca. I only have concerns because of accidental murder counts.
I will see how many of us blues will enter...if not, then ill be running solo!!!

It should work warring a non-faction guild with a faction guild right?

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What can I say... The landlubbers didna fight too badly and won one er two battles.

We had a lot of fun, although there was only two ships. All da other guilds chickened out. Shame on Catskills!

V

Victoria Navarre

What can I say... The landlubbers didna fight too badly and won one er two battles.

We had a lot of fun, although there was only two ships. All da other guilds chickened out. Shame on Catskills!

Hmmph! What do you mean "landlubber"? Back in the 8x8 on an ocean server line days,I spent more time on the water than on land!! :thumbup: Thanks for hosting the event and I hope we get to do it again.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you very much for the event Captain! It was a great time and awesome to have you as an opponent. Also I am honored my name shows up in your screen shot! (Michael) and also the game saying you were attacking me!

I look forward to the next round.

FYI. I am factions but Va'lis's guild is also factions so I just joined his for the night and he warred the Captains. This doesn't help if you are red though.

C

CatLord

Thank you for the fun but I don't understand one detail...

The UP posted the scheduled events for the month... and this is the second time the EM event clashes with them...

Is the EM part of another pirate faction?
Is there a war for Rum?

Captain EM... you were a naughty boy.

On another perspective... we went to the EM event... then the UP event... then back to the EM event... our fun started at 8pm... and ended at 3am...

Thank you all for the fun evening...

PS: I saw you coming back to the island Va'lis... could not sleep hum?

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was an EM event? Dang I was bored fo no reason after the boat event.

C

CatLord

Aye... in my book it was called hit the orange... and run like speedy gonzales.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, first Fel EM event I missed in a long time. Darn schedule conflicts.

Oh well, I wasn't in the target audience for the EM event anyhow.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the fun but I don't understand one detail...

The UP posted the scheduled events for the month... and this is the second time the EM event clashes with them...

Is the EM part of another pirate faction?
Is there a war for Rum?
I have no idea. I sent the EM our schedule about 3 weeks ago, and invited him to join, assist or be a referee. Didn't even get an answer.

C

CatLord

Well, I have to be honest... I did both events.

We started at the EM event, paced a boat there for safe recaling later... then the UP battle... then back to the EM event...

My fun started at 8 pm EST and ended at 3 am EST... was great.
I know, i'm repeating myself... but heck... very hard to believe UO can be this much fun...

Thank you for the fun and relaxing event between mad pvp kill shots. :thumbup1: