• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Event Talk #$%^%$ Why all the bashing!

5% Luck

What I think would make all these bad mouthed punks sit back in their chairs astonished is if the instant an EVENT started everyone in a huge area around the event exploded and died. These people who are crushing this game by saying that the event team has lessons to learn about entertaining simple need to die and die instantly. Body parts and corpses for miles and no way to find their stuff with any certainty. This would surly be what they want.

I cant see wanting to die but as these B$%^#rds seem to want to choke up the flow of good posts and I say kill them! Its what they all want.

As for me, last nights event just incurred me with a vast sense of anticipation. I can hardly go to work today without thinking Im missing something. The best form of entertainment as any good TV/movie producer knows is just that feeling. Anticipation!

So Devs, do these bad ^%ses a favor and Kill them in an unexpected way so they can be as happy as i am.

Red seers battle with all who are opinionated! The UOHall flamers managed to gets Seer Payuback down to half bar but in the end were completely obliterated.
Red dev member throws greater explosion pot and destroys town by accident. All bodys lost!
Giant mongbat exclaims to all this event Sux! (hows that sound bit go ewerkeke!)

For we who are thrilled by your very presence in game your doing a fine job. Lets stop this dev bashing as most of this "event line" was created by a former dev team(remember the move after magicinia?). But even so we still have yet to see the bulk of this one

Soooo...................BOOOMMM! your all dead and cant find your stuff! That would be exciting Huh!

G

My problem with last night is that I was sitting right next to the machine on Chessy from 8:45 pm until 9:30pm. I never saw anyone or read the text that is said to have occurred. The machine flashed once and that was it. It is hard to enjoy something you waited for patiently and quietly that was over before you even knew it. Granted this was a pre-cursor to tonight but I still would have liked to have seen the failed attempt instead of seeing screen shots from another shard. They probably should have had some really loud sounds to signal things were going to occur. Maybe some trumpets sounding Kronos' approach. That would have made his failure even more humilating and allowed the crowd to shut up and pay attention.

Don't get me wrong I love UO and will enjoy this event tonight but I think events need a bit more cordination and timing. I was disappointed when the Magencia invasion ended in the middle of the night. I spent days fighting and totally missed the ending. They started out great with the news stories about the Mayor but then once we were half way into the event there were no additional news flashed. We still don't know what happened to him or the people from the town. A little more polish will make such things more enjoyable.

I do agree that if people are going to bad mouth the event while it is going on, then they need to not particiate in it. They are not adding anything positive to the game or event.

G

do u think having certain types of blackrock makes a difference?

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hope not, i have all the different types, but only carried the minable ones..i dont think it matters just as long as it was blackrock

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't mind the disrespectful and disruptive participants getting squashed by a blackrock meteor.....

D

davebobbit

<blockquote><hr>

The best form of entertainment as any good TV/movie producer knows is just that feeling. Anticipation!

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem comes when that anticipation fizzles out with a whimper

H

Hooli Gan

It did say not to kick the man while he was down.Followed by prepare to choose your loyalties.
Hrrm wonders if I will be punished for yelling out "Pickle Sniffer"?

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

The problem comes when that anticipation fizzles out with a whimper

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear that a lot ?

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

"Pickle Sniffer"?