• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Event Information] Twisted Turns, Plundered Paths

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We apologize for the delay in this being posted.

This is a very long and detailed static quest with 6 different paths. Books are located in game at the HoC building that have the following information.

Each path in this quest has it's own story and it's own information and solutions. While a few paths may share some NPC's these paths are still vastly different. Each path has a differing level of difficulty, with the first path being the easiest and the 6th being very difficult.
The only common hint for all paths is to remember what you've done in the past, remember what you've done on Chesapeake, and remember what you've seen.
Also, Greetings is a common Britannian form of hello!

Path 1 begins with David the Jailor at Trinsic Jail, Trammel.

Path 2 begins with Miranda the Noblewoman in East Britain

Path 3 begins with Haku the Guard in Zento

Path 4 begins with Cornelius the Broker in Buc's Den

Path 5 begins with Cornelius the Broker in Buc's Den

Path 6 is only given a riddle as the starting point.
It's going to cost you more than you think to check this out. Begin again where you once were, at a place where little causes a stir.

It is highly recommended that you complete paths 1-5 before attempting path 6.

If you are able to complete either path 5 or path 6, we ask a few things. First and foremost, please do not cheat and help other players through who are not putting forth any effort. These are meant to be challenging, not cheated. An enormous amount of effort was put into this quest and we ask that you respect that. If you want to help people that is perfectly fine and even encouraged, but please do not just give away the answers. Thank you for your consideration.

Beyond that, if you finish path 5 or 6, we ask that you please email [email protected] with how you got through the paths, what the end of the path was, and solutions to any and all codes and puzzles found along the way. You will need to please include your main character's name as well. These may also be submitted in game via the HoC mailboxes located north of Britain Moongate, Trammel. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 12TH AT 11:59 PM EST. Thank you and Enjoy!

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I cannot wait to get started
*Looks at clock*
Seven hours and Seventeen Minutes

Bon Iver

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Did anyone get further than the backpack containing the Pact book at the Shining Path armory? I was stuck there.

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to apologize publicly about that, as it seems that it wasn't clear (And now that I've had a chance to step back and look at it with 'fresh' eyes it's not just you all) that that was the end of that path. The first path was meant to be very easy and very short, but I accidentally left the end a bit ambiguous.

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess that means I can stop looking for the other two mentioned in the book then. =P

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Path #3 I am suck at the daemon I cant seem to get him to respond. I give him the gourd but he wont respond to any words.

Any Help Please?

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a researcher there who specializes in a certain field who can assist you; Perhaps you should try and show him what you did to make the daemon speak?

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
I'd like to apologize publicly about that, as it seems that it wasn't clear (And now that I've had a chance to step back and look at it with 'fresh' eyes it's not just you all) that that was the end of that path. The first path was meant to be very easy and very short, but I accidentally left the end a bit ambiguous.
Thanks Dross! Continues on to path #2.

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Path 4 is the one relating to Drakar Thantz while Path 5 is the one relating to the assassin.

N

Nyx_

Ok can you please run through path three as if you were a player and did not know the answers or trigger words. I know where it starts at, and the second person, and the third person, and the daemonologist and what to give him, but when I return to person #2, again she tells me to go to #3 which goes back to the daemonoligist. Going in circles here.

Path #4 I also made it to the leg of lamb part and went to the last known location where she did not get on the boat and have no idea what "a simpler place" would be considered.

Hope this is vague enough for you.

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When an NPC in one of these quests tells you a specific phrase to tell another, that's what you need to use; Be careful in how you word your requests to them because if you use a word that was a trigger for a previous response it can override another response. For instance, if an NPC told me to tell somebody else 'Hey, tell them Jack sent ya' I'd say to the next npc "Jack Sent Me". Path 4 is meant to be on the moderate to difficult range, and the clue about a simpler place is best explained/hinted at with the following example.
If you worked in a big city and told someone you were planning to take a weekend trip to 'get away from all the noise' they would assume you'd go to what kind of place?
Hope that helps without ruining the challenge. Good Luck!

N

Nyx_

LOL
I think that is a matter of personal opinion of where most people would want to go. Some would say the lake, camping, hiking, mountains, beach, or a spa. Lets face it we do not have a spa in UO. :twak:

If I wanted to get away....anywhere I wanted to go....I would choose the beach. (personal preference)

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On path 3, after you talk to fuuka again and she tells you about the reward and historical documents, is that the end?

Also on Path 5, is the coded message the start of #6 or still #5

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The historical documents are the end of path 3. I'm not sure which coded item you're referring to so please PM me or email me with more details...However, I would believe that you are on Path 5 unless you've figured out the riddle on HOW to start 6. I'll reply ASAP to a PM or email. Thanks!

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As promised due to the difficulties that seem to be present in people starting path 6, a hint will be given in addition to the previous one. The previous riddle as to how to start it is as follows.

It's going to cost you more than you think to check this out.
Begin again where you once were, at a place where little causes a stir.

The extra and final hint for this is as follows, and refers to the previous riddle...and how to 'solve' it.
Divide and conquer is the term of the day; If you cannot make light of it as a whole, try to take it in pieces.

Warning: It will still be to your vast benefit to do the previous paths to be able to solve this riddle.

Good luck to all!

N

Nyx_

Well Abigail has been found finally, sad that a teammate and myself had visited that inn numerous times over the past week, to find out the word was not triggering. *glares evilly*
Three books have also been acquired..... now onto a riddle that seems to be as vague as the number of sand particles on a beach.

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I promise you that the riddle is doable, especially if you use all the hints given so far from the first post in this thread to the last one about it. It was even doable before I added the extra hints as one duo already figured out how to start path 6; It is difficult, but the most important thing here is to seperate the wheat in that statement from the chaff. There are a few intensely important bits of that riddle, and if you can isolate them the path will open before you. Congratulations on finding Abigail, and best of luck!

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does Abigail asking for protection have anything to do with Path 6? Either im looking into it too much or I just cant figure it out.

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Abigail's request is part of the information you need to convey in submitting the completed path 4(There is a scratched out note of 5 here) as it's spoken about in the first post here and the book at the HoC. Her request is not a start off point for path 6.
I'll emphasize that you should always try to put yourself in the other persons shoes if you get stuck; Similar to how you could figure out where at one point in the path you needed to go next by putting yourself in abigail's shoes, you should also put yourself in mine.
For instance, if I tell you in a riddle to begin again where you once were, and I said you pretty much definitely need to finish the previous paths first, where are places that I am certain you have been? This is the final hint that will be given before the deadline of Friday at 11:59 PM EST for submissions. After that the quests will remain open and you will still be able to complete them for the information within and I'll give a clearer hint to the start of 6. Best of luck!

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you got the information mixed up Abigail has nothing to do with path 5 that is path 4

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With these static quests would also be good if all other quest items/people were gone and not triggering to words for this quest. Path 4 sent me on a wild goose chase because few people you mention Thantz too it triggers other words that were used in previous events. Items laying around in towns are also from previous quests so how are we to tell what is actually part of these quests.

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did do what I could to remove some of the more obvious 'red herrings' of the quest in regards to Drakar from the previous quest (Beacon and Dregs), however for the hardest paths there are a few things that could draw you off onto the wrong path...And they are there because you must be able to determine what is truly relevant and what isn't. Thank you for the correction as to Abigail being 4 not 5 (You were correct, and I edited my post to reflect that). I will go and check a few other things and make sure that certain other oracles from previous quests are set to not lead you astray as my purpose is not to frustrate you.

At the request of numerous quest goers I have clarified much more obviously what is and isn't the end of each path as well with in game notifiers. The current deadline of Friday HAS BEEN EXTENDED until Sunday; Please check the top post. I've been observing several sets of people and those of you on the quests are doing a great job so far. Keep up the good work!

IMPORTANT
Please when you submit your completions let me know approximately how long each path took you; If you've already submitted feel free to add another book, email, or even post here about how long it took you. Thank you.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I officially give up have been trying to figure out the start of path 6 for 2 days now and still havent the slightest. And yes I have finished the first 5 quests and yet nothing pops up as the start of path 6. If someone already figured it out they either started on path 6 or someone who helped set it up told them.

N

Nyx_

I think I am with you Grim. We just re-did paths 1-5 and nothing new triggered and no one took anything special that we could find.

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All have been given the same hints and I've triple-checked and made sure it is working correctly. Since I am the only one who set it up I can assure you nobody has been told how to do anything aside from the hints and riddles here. There will be a final riddle in addition to the one already here given tomorrow around noon. Good luck to all, be persistent, be thorough, and do your best!

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I can say is 'Wow'! You really did a great job with the story Dross. I loved it. Probably one of the best challenges I've done in all the 14 plus years I've been playing. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of time you put into writing this and laying it all out. Thanks again! I personally can't wait to see what you have planned for the future! Sign me up! :thumbup:

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the kind words, and I hope to be able to continue challenging and entertaining you all. As promised, below will be the extra hints to finding where path 6 starts.

The Original Riddle:
It's going to cost you more than you think to check this out.
Begin again where you once were, at a place where little causes a stir.

Breaking it down:
In the first sentence is the how to help you proceed,
And the second telling you where to fulfill a need.
In some cases all it takes is a single word as key,
and looking too far into things will mean you cannot see,
So think of what each path started with, and how else they may speak,
And persevere and try your best and you may head to what you seek,
Just remember to check and check, and then check once more,
and if you solve this riddle the answer will come to the fore.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I know I said I quit but a breakthrough was made shortly after posting. Now I am stuck on another of the riddles. Is Anorah suppose to reply with anything when you type all 3 phrases. I can get her to with 2 of them but the third she says nothing.

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
PHOOEY at alla da paths. Ozog habes more funz and less frustration takin a baft

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the riddle im stuck on

"On an island forsaken by man's great quest, leathery wings guard their dead masters crest.

Now I have searched ever island I could think of that had leathery creatures but still no luck. Anyone help me with this riddle?

T

Tazar

Sounds like the little temple on the island north of the Spirituality Spawn in Ilshenar... with the Etherreal Warriors.

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats what i thought too but the only books there are old ones. Ive also tried Fire Temple Wyvern Point, Wyvren Isle, Ice Dungeon, and more.

Bon Iver

Stratics Veteran
When will you guys (EMs) be coming out with the February schedule?

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bon Iver: Tomorrow night at the HoC we will announce the rest of February's Schedule.
GrimReefer: I won't say which but you should check those areas carefully and thoroughly. You should have found the clue, and I checked and it is still in place.
Persevere and good luck!

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Pooper and I started at about 11pm with Star and met up with phoenix for a few, not sure exactly where we are at (We didn't ask anyone for help) but we are at the point comparable to

"I watched as he opened the sixth seal. There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red,"

Were having a blast, I'm rather sure were either one or two paths past whats comparable to

"I dream of rain
I dream of gardens in the desert sand
I wake in vain
I dream of love as time runs through my hand
"

We know we wont get credit since were past the due date but were burning through it like the snookie at an all you can eat buffet

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
So Pooper and I were thinking that the current path were on was so in depth and detailed that it was like its own mini series........Thanks Nyx for telling us we were trying to do Path 4, 5 & 6 all at once :) *cough* Overachievers

*Shakes fist at Drosselmeyer*
You know I try everything on your NPCs before I move on....that hurt me this time

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those who submitted should be contacted in the next week via email or private message here on the forums. Please keep an eye out!

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that the event is over, are you going to put up the your theory of how it was suppost to end. I would like to try and figure out if somehow I could come up with the same theory.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
The Email sent me a reply and told me to email 7 different Emails to submit :lick:

hehehe

EMDrosselmeyer

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are still people working on the paths, so posting it here will likely not happen for that reason and a few more. One of the other reasons being that all theories are just that; What you perceive it to be based on your own experience, knowledge, and understanding of the facts. If you can fit your theory to the facts you've found then it's a valid and possible theory. I will not state what the EXACT course of things is as that's not something that you would be able to know IC...However, I will speak on the HoC on the 26th (I am unable to attend the one on the 19th due to a prior engagement) as to the general nature and explain the purpose and basic sense of what should have been taken from it. If you have specific questions please email or PM me. Thanks and see you soon!

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
There are still people working on the paths, so posting it here will likely not happen for that reason and a few more. One of the other reasons being that all theories are just that; What you perceive it to be based on your own experience, knowledge, and understanding of the facts. If you can fit your theory to the facts you've found then it's a valid and possible theory.
Ive waited soooooooooooooo long for this day to come Drosselmeyer.....
[youtube]jr1SafMbn48[/youtube]

Thank you
:lol:

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
its da dang bunnies dey digs holes all ober. sum times goblins fall in dem and finds a guy wif a crazy hat on,want usins to drink tea wif udder crazy tings.

ozog