• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Event Idea: EM Sponsored Champ Spawn Night

EM Tashik

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking of possibly next week setting a night to do a few champ spawns one night. I am posting to take an estimate on how many of you may be interested in such an event, as well as taking suggestions for spawns.
Depending on the turn out of the first night, I may do this again.
To begin, we will be doing Trammel Ruleset spawns, if successful, I'll consider hosting Fel Spawns for the more adventurous among us.

Right now, the lineup I am thinking of is this: 3 Spawns, if the event lasts longer than most people want to deal with I can cut it back to 2.

Spawn 1: Serado, Tokuno Champ Spawn.
Spawn 2: Ilhenir, Bedlam Champ Spawn
Spawn 3: Random Ilshenar Spawn

Looking forward to input on this! Have a good night!

PS: There may be a few extra goodies tossed in to make the spawns a bit more rewarding and interesting. =]

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
speaking for the ol...... *ahem* more mature amongst us, if the spawn train doesn't chug outta the station around 7pm est you'll be losing some of us... well, me, anyway :lol: altho I imagine you pick up a whole different crew after 9-10pm

EM Tashik

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
speaking for the ol...... *ahem* more mature amongst us, if the spawn train doesn't chug outta the station around 7pm est you'll be losing some of us... well, me, anyway :lol: altho I imagine you pick up a whole different crew after 9-10pm
There's always the weekend to stretch it out a bit later.

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is very true because after I rezz her for the 10th time I need a nap from being exhausted and my sides hurting from all the laughter and if Crue is along I need oxygen as well :lol:

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the fel spawns part might be cool. I still just don't see the point of trammel spawns though.

EM Tashik

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the fel spawns part might be cool. I still just don't see the point of trammel spawns though.
SOT, Replicas, EM rewards, chance not to be brutally murdered by PK's.

Don't worry, a fel version of the event will follow in time. =]

L

Lord Urza

I am very interested as long as its not on a sunday, or this upcoming sat ill be there for sure.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SOT, Replicas, EM rewards, chance not to be brutally murdered by PK's.

Don't worry, a fel version of the event will follow in time. =]
I do like the idea in theory and in practice champ spawn events in fel make for an interesting situation. a massive army of players should likely be strong enough to finish more difficult spawns. Indeed if Tashik wants to do felucca spawns. I'll donate every skull minus the oaks skull for trammies to do a harrower. Thus 2 spawns in a night would only need to be oaks and then the harrower.

aoLOLita

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be there :) Sounds like the perfect venue to train up new chars, I know my Thrower needs some fine-tuning.

I agree that two spawns is fine, three would be pressing it for many of us. After a few trial runs, perhaps incease to three if the spawns go fast ...

EM Tashik

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be there :) Sounds like the perfect venue to train up new chars, I know my Thrower needs some fine-tuning.

I agree that two spawns is fine, three would be pressing it for many of us. After a few trial runs, perhaps incease to three if the spawns go fast ...
In my experience, 3 spawns go by fast enough. None of the monsters in particular take long to kill. But I guess since the Tram based spawns feature harder creatures [SA/ML spawns and paragons in Ilsh] it would take a bit longer. Assuming the usual big crowd that come to EM events, I can see these spawns being done in little to no time.

Fel spawns are certainly faster as the real risk in those are other players. =]

EM Tashik

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do like the idea in theory and in practice champ spawn events in fel make for an interesting situation. a massive army of players should likely be strong enough to finish more difficult spawns. Indeed if Tashik wants to do felucca spawns. I'll donate every skull minus the oaks skull for trammies to do a harrower. Thus 2 spawns in a night would only need to be oaks and then the harrower.
That's certainly an interesting idea to consider! However, at first I wanted to do 3 random fel-based spawns to get people a bit relaxed and accustomed to the fel side of spawning. But I'd certainly take you up on that offer for Oaks/Harrower in the future!

E

Eloah96

I think it would be a great idea. I would deffinatly enjoy it.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's certainly an interesting idea to consider! However, at first I wanted to do 3 random fel-based spawns to get people a bit relaxed and accustomed to the fel side of spawning. But I'd certainly take you up on that offer for Oaks/Harrower in the future!
Sounds good. I think a lot of people would be surprised at how well a massive group of non pvpers could perform in protecting a spawn from a small group of reds, especially since you'd inevitably have 2 groups of reds fighting each other and totally ignoring the event. It makes for an exciting evening.

The main things would be keeping some wandering healers nearby for the blues to avoid letting them get discouraged if a player kills them.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my experience, 3 spawns go by fast enough. None of the monsters in particular take long to kill. But I guess since the Tram based spawns feature harder creatures [SA/ML spawns and paragons in Ilsh] it would take a bit longer. Assuming the usual big crowd that come to EM events, I can see these spawns being done in little to no time.

Fel spawns are certainly faster as the real risk in those are other players. =]
Good to see legends EMs having a solid grasp on things. This is very promising.