• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Site Feed [EVENT] Council Meeting – 11/15/16

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I apologize, but there is no way I will be there today.
I tried, but the meeting will start too late for me (11 pm), and end even later. And I am in the middle of a deploy at work, so I need to be properly rested tomorrow.
I will try to make to the December one. :(

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what began as a peaceful (and small) gathering of the governors turned into mayhem - King Blackthorn had graciously seated us in the castle dining hall at a table resplendent with foods prepared by royal kitchen and we were enjoying the alternate surroundings and the luscious food when.....

Well, Governor Zalan of Yew was giving us a report of strange happenings in his fair town. It seems the liche he had mentioned as a source of concern at the last meeting was growing bolder. Zalan told of missing sheep and shepherds and also that the lumberjacks of the mill were now refusing to enter the beautiful woods of Yew. One brave citizen had entered the crypts to attempt to gather intelligence on the liche which was believed to reside there and had returned with a box carved with old, faded runes. As Zalan presented the box for inspection a wraith named Zavan appeared saying that the box belonged to the master and that no one was allowed to have it but the master. He told Zalan that he would pay with his life for the theft.

This is the point that all logic flew out the window. Safely in Lord Blackthorn's castle, where we all know that magics are forbidden by a very powerful safety spell, we heard a loud report and a bolt of lightning struck Zalan..... he fell from his chair, limp and unresponsive.

While the wraith disappeared with the box our Lord Blackthorn rushed to the side of Zalan but efforts to revive were futile. The meeting was abruptly adjourned with Blackthorn's promise to deliver Zalan's lifeless body to the royal healers to see if they could aid in any way.

A very strange event, indeed. Is this liche so powerful that his force is greater than that of our King's magicians?