• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Event Announcement] Malas Fairground First Chicken Lizard Gladiator Competition!

EM Pallando

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamers young and old, the time has arrived! With the redesign of the Fairgrounds imminent and after discussions with many of the players, the first animal-themed tournament style contest is being held!

Event Date and Location: Sunday June 27th at 8pm CST inside of the Arena behind the Hall of Champions.

Event Duration: Depends on the number of participants, but I anticipate at least 45 minutes to an hour.

Event Details:

1. The contest will be single elimination tournament style. Given the subject title, only Chicken Lizards or Battle Chicken Lizards are allowed to participate.

2. Now these are also gladiatorial matches so the participating Chicken Lizards can receive NO outside assistance (in the form of spells, healing, etc) before, during or after the match (excepting after matches to restore the pet to full health or resurrect it. I will be on hand with scrolls and bandages just in case).

3. There are two ways to reach the arena:
3a. Step into the energy vortex outside the EM Hall in Britain, which will take you to the Hall of Champions (the reward hall). The arena is directly north behind the reward hall (the tall sandstone structure).
3b. There is a rune marked as "Hall of Champions" in the center of Luna which will take you to the same spot just mentioned.

4. The winner will receive a plaque honoring their victory (to be displayed in the Reward Hall and later the redesigned Fairgrounds) and their MAY be prizes for all of those that attend regardless.

5. If you wish to sign up, please reply on this thread (no e-mails) with your character name (the one that will be participating) and I will compile a list.

I would like this to become a regular happening, at least monthly, as some have suggested. Also please keep in mind that this is the first of its kind and it may be slow going until it becomes more commonplace. Questions or suggestions concerning the contest should be posted to this thread. Good luck and get to training!

EM Pallando

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Though a few spectators did show up (a big thank you to them for coming out), there were no participants in the tournament itself and the competition will be rescheduled for a late date.