• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Eval + Anatomy dodging formula

S

Splup

Having Evaluating intelligence and Anatomy skill on character gives you dodging skill like Wrestling, but you can't use specials. Problem is, it's bit unclear how the formula works.

UOGuide says the formula is:
(Evaluating intelligence + Anatomy) / 2 + 20

This would mean you need 120 skill + 80 skill to get 120 dodging skill.

Stratics formula:
(Evaluating intelligence + Anatomy + 20) / 2

This means you need 120 skill + 100 skill to get 120 dodging skill.

So which one is the right one?

Kiss Of Death

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having Evaluating intelligence and Anatomy skill on character gives you dodging skill like Wrestling, but you can't use specials. Problem is, it's bit unclear how

Stratics formula:
(Evaluating intelligence + Anatomy + 20) / 2

This means you need 120 skill + 100 skill to get 120 dodging skill.
this one

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What I want to know... is if you can exceed "120 dodge" with 120anat and 120eval...?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, I thought that whole formula had a cap in place at 110. But I have slept since then.

R

Radun

One of my mages has 120eval/100anat, and the other has 120 wrestle..
I can't tell any difference between either of their chance to dodge, but the one with anat barely hits anyone and can't use special moves.

I think it's capped at the effect of 120... i don't think putting more anat would have a benefit but I never tested that theory,.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All I could find was this:

Testing for Next Publish May 30 2002 4:05PM

Changes to Combat

* Unarmed “to-be-hit” changes (chance to get hit while unarmed is now the better of either Wrestling skill, or an average of Anatomy & Evaluate Intelligence).
It was part of the pub 16 changes. I know there was something about 110 in there. Maybe I'm remembering that 110 was all you needed to scroll up to and have the benefit of 120 wrestle. But then again maybe not.