• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Europa & Drachenfels servers location!

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wonder if its possible to move Europa server to the middle of europe somewhere around france germany/ukraine, its really unfair where it is right now especially when it comes to pvp action, a lot of players have bigger advantages on others... Some cant even pvp at all (ping 100-120+)

So both the servers europa & drachenfels are currently located dublin/ireland:
1.png

I wish that that the devs can come up with an argument explaining why both servers are located in the exact same location?

...while this is the most strategic geographical place to reach everyone:
2.png

Moving the server to the center of europe, will grant all european countries to have 1-80ping, while now a lot have 120ping+ which is pvp unplayable.

Everyone will be happy, why?
If someone's ping jumps from 10ping to 50, moving the server from Dublin to Germany (for example), players living in dublin wont feel any difference.

@Mesanna is it possible to take this request into consideration?

Here's a little demo:

Thank you

Last edited:

del55

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Mesanna u should listen him, i completely agree with gandalf.

@Mesanna we also need Fey Slayer Enchantress Cameo.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Ping is not everything, we are a lot who play Siege and do fine :p

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last I heard both Europa and Drachenfels servers were in Dortmund? They moved again?

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I must question your figure of 90% of players who would agree with you. I personally know quite a number of Europa players who are based in the USA and I doubt very much if they would favour a move. I don't imagine it would improve their playability.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I must question your figure of 90% of players who would agree with you. I personally know quite a number of Europa players who are based in the USA and I doubt very much if they would favour a move. I don't imagine it would improve their playability.
Unorftunatly the server is called europa not unitedstata, dont u worry much about US players, they almost have a server in each state :p

+ I cant remember when was the last time i saw an american playing on europa server, you did not convince me at all :) unless if u are talking about rare collectors and server hopers who come to pick our event drops ofc...

If spent more tome looking at the map u would have known that 90% of the players will be satisfied. And whats the point of having 2 identical locations of both servers (Eur/drach)?

Last edited:

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm i must say i know people who play europa in usa like wanda dj doc and others, also i quite know some who play uk and spain who like the current location
Wanda and dj doc dont pvp, 80-120ping is playable for doing trammy things. Ping become sensitive in pvp only, thats why i said some players have big advantages on others originally.

kikiriki

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Well if u wanna go PvP wise only u can see people in uk and Robert for example in spain would probly rather the way its

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This looks like an April Fools post.

If it isn't: At these distances you are talking about saving 5-10 milliseconds. It is not going to drop someone pinging 100+ down to ~30.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This looks like an April Fools post.

If it isn't: At these distances you are talking about saving 5-10 milliseconds. It is not going to drop someone pinging 100+ down to ~30.
Where u get ur dumb calculations from? Check people living in ukraine, moscow, turkey... Their ping is 90-110 ill drop to 60ish. Tell me someone who wont be happy then...? Who said it will drop from 100 to 30 anyway? Why people talk non-sense?

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How about all the people who will have their ping increased by the amount others have it decreased.
If u move it to the middle everyone will have 1-90ping, while now a lot have 110ping+ which is pvp unplayable.

If a ping jumps from 10ping to 50, moving the server from Dublin to Germany, people living in dublin wont feel any difference.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't call 100 ping unplayable in PVP. We have someone in our guild from the middle east who plays on Atlantic, he does 1v1 all the time. Also a bunch of people on Atlantic invaded a eastern shard a couple months ago and were very successful.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't call 100 ping unplayable in PVP. We have someone in our guild from the middle east who plays on Atlantic, he does 1v1 all the time. Also a bunch of people on Atlantic invaded a eastern shard a couple months ago and were very successful.
Give me names, i live in lebanon an i have 120ping to europa server, and i know every single pvper that plays on this shard.

Thanks

Old Vet Back Again

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Unorftunatly the server is called europa not unitedstata, dont u worry much about US players, they almost have a server in each state :p

+ I cant remember when was the last time i saw an american playing on europa server, you did not convince me at all :) unless if u are talking about rare collectors and server hopers who come to pick our event drops ofc...

If spent more tome looking at the map u would have known that 90% of the players will be satisfied. And whats the point of having 2 identical locations of both servers (Eur/drach)?

We have two server locations; East Coast and West Coast. I ping the same from California playing on Atl as a European Player playing Atl. I would never play Europa because the pvp is god awful. Absolutely zero competition.

Marlboro_78rus

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
LoL. Where is a line from RUSSIA? Moscow, St.Petersburg and other millions population cities of these country makes about half of online )))) All russians are mostly playing on Europe shard. We also votes for mooving server location to Germany

Отправлено с моего GT-N7100 через Tapatalk

Arm

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Im voting for Germany. I know that many Drachenfels players have been moved month ago to EU, so they will be satisfied too. Please, make it possible, Mesanna.
Razzel\De Drakus. Russia. ☺ thanks.

keyvan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I totally agree with gandalf before they moved the server to noob island I had 15 ping when it was still hosted in germany , and now got like 130-145 (playing from Paris with Cable pinging google at 15 ms)
How do you wana win a fight with such a big difference between pings specially in 1v1 on mage where timing and rotation are the most important things.??
@[BCOLOR=rgb(16, 16, 16)]Lord Gandalf[/BCOLOR] I've never understood how you've managed to play with such a high ping from Lebanon....

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@keyvan You know i have to ;) some users got a little bit offended by my 1st draws so i had to make it a little bit more professional :p

Belomoth

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i vote Germany aswell, ping here in sweden is acceptable, but nothing more.
Would be fun if skill and experience was the diffence between good or bad, instead of connection..

Last edited:

keyvan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hmm i must say i know people who play europa in usa like wanda dj doc and others, also i quite know some who play uk and spain who like the current location
Sure if you stay at luna bank all day playing with 20 ping or 1000+ won't make any difference for you

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A few posts have been removed. Please keep the thread on track everyone, there is no need to be accusing each other of using illegal programs or arguing over who is better at pvp.

:)

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Move it to London which has A) less chance of being subject to a terrorist attack than Germany and B) closer to central than Dublin.

COJO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I totally agree with @Lord Gandalf.

It could be the most important change done in ages about pvp, actually i do know loads of players that have left the game cause of this problem. The ping is the best enemy of pvp, there is just a main shard for the whole Europa countries so i think the point for all who plays on Europa is to locate the server at the middle of Europa cartography so there would be the same ping range on the same distance from the server host location.

I'm sure this change will get more players back…

@Mesanna You are our way to make this happen. Make it possible.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you move it, there will always be someone closer to it. If you don't like your ping, change ISP or use wtfast/battleping.

Alaster The Insane

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd just say : i agree.
No hey, i'll develop a bit.

First, if routing was a science, it would be quickly removed from schools manuals, cause it would cause our youth to riot. It's hell.

For an european shard, Europa !, yeah, it seems to me Germany would be a good place. Here's, for me, why.

First, Ireland or UK, players would face the infamous Manche Sea bottleneck, cause all the trafic coming from east of the euorepan continent goes from France's north west coast and Netherlands to UK. It includes all the traffic destined for the USA. I let you imagine the awesome fun we can experience on some situations, useless latency added, at best.

For our beloved USA players. Yeah, Wanda for example, or also Arapants, and many more, i don't think it would be that much awful. Just crossing Atlantic sea in terms of ping is adding 90-110ms depending on "internet weather". Let's be clear here, i don't want to say "hey you guys have USA shards omg", cause i really hate the "go home" things, it's all up to them to play on Europa, they are more than welcome, and many of them, a lot ! are well established, active in community, and add really a lot to what's Europa.

We have also a lot of players who come from Turkey for example (met some when i was daily playing, some youngs or not, and countries from that area of the world), also the russians... seeing how routing in itself is a pain, seeing how for PVP 30ms change things (like, for example, i can try to type "omg i'm dead" before actually dying, but that's because i'm bad at PVP), this would, i think, totally help whole "physic european" and close to Europe players, without not really adding more pain to US players (when at 110ms, until you don't reach 150ms... it's quite the same, but i may be wrong here. Ah, the days when i was playing Quake 1 on windows 95 with RTC modem and 180ms ping.... yeah, damn you, those days.)

Germany is kind of "geographic center of European continent", it would be kind of "everyone get quite the same".

i'll finish to link a pic from years ago. I was experiencing heavy lag on Europa. So, i did a traceroute. Here's what came out (trust me now, about the school manuals ?)

route de ouf.jpg

yeah, from Paris, i was first going to USA, then back to France, to reach Germany. 250ms ping. BEAT THAT OMG

(oh, BTW, my IP changed since, no need to bomb it with TCP Undies packets)

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I don't personally have a dog in this fight, but I'll chime in with an opinion.

All servers are hosted through AWS (Amazon Web Services). They do have a data center in Frankfurt, but I could only see moving 1 of the 2 European servers there, namely Drachenfels. Why? Because in moving Europa from Ireland to Frankfurt you are only putting Iceland in the same situation countries like Turkey are in now, you're trading one having a terrible ping for another. Splitting servers across multiple hosting providers doesn't make sense either when AWS has a fairly central location available.

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In moving Europa from Ireland to Frankfurt you are only putting Iceland in the same situation countries like Turkey are in now, you're trading one having a terrible ping for another.
1- @Nexus, let me correct you , in moving Europa to Frankfurt, we are trading 10 having terrible ping for one (not one for another, as u mentioned).

2- I totally agree with you that one of both servers (eur/drach) need to be moved away to reach other countries, but Drachenfels would definitely be the one to be kept in Dublin -Ireland since its a less populated shard, don't you agree?

Last edited:

Drowy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2- I totally agree with you that one of both servers (eur/drach) need to be moved away to reach other countries, but Drachenfels would definitely be the one to be kept in Dublin -Ireland since its a less populated shard, don't you agree?
I have to disagree here. The main population of Drachenfels is german, so if a server should be moved to Germany, it would be Drachenfels. But i am pretty sure if they will somehow move server, they will move both to the same location. And I am also sure its pretty much a matter of money.