• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Europa Gold original Britannian Guard Sash

Magrimur

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
What's the going rate for an original Europa Gold "Royal Britannian Guard" blessed sash? For those that don't know this is the true source of the "Europa Gold" cloth. I see none of these for sale currently, only Amber Pigment knockoffs. Thanks.

Amber left, Europa right.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I paid 650k for one just this week. That was on Europa shard.

Magrimur

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I haven't seen those prices since the day they were available on Europa, as the going rate on Europa for a fake one is 10mil, I'm looking for a real price not a fake price thanks.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll post a picture of the one I bought. Also remember there are two different names.

"Royal Britannian Guard"

and

"Member Of The Royal Britannian Guard"

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I purchased. 650k from DR PETS vendor house.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK here is an interesting one.

I just found the one you show in the screenshot above. I went to the vendor and used the Pinco hue ID on it, then I used it again on my sash to compare the colour read outs.

The one your saying is fake tells me:

HUE ID: 1177 Europa gold (soles of providence)

The brighter "real" one says:

HUE ID: 1174 Amber (burning amber)

So according to the colour checker the one on SUO is real, and the brighter one is not europa gold.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found my "Europa gold" doublet which again is the same hue as the "fake" one you posted in the image above.

Here is the HUE id reading from that.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So my conclusion:

Amber = RIGHT
Europa = LEFT

That's unless Pinco has an issue with the hue identifier at the moment.

Magrimur

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I know for a fact that the right one is europa gold, because right after the event I bought it off a vendor, logged, and haven't played the game for years,
I log in and find out about this 'new' dye called "Aura Of Amber Pigment", this dye didn't exist when I bought the sash years ago, so yes the Hue thing
you are using is mixed up, you indeed purchased a true Europa Gold Britannian sash for a cheap price!, I literally paid about that much for mine when it
was new so you got a good deal, the Atlantic hoarders xfered tons of them to Atlantic, chopped them up and you usually don't find it other than crafted
or as cloth pieces, 1 cloth of Europa Gold is worth X million, so yes 650k is a good deal even if you can only get 1 piece of cloth from it, but it's original
form of course is more valuable.

Here's the exact details of "Aura of Amber Pigment":

It was released in Publish 74 on January 31, 2012 as a reward in the cleanup Britannia.
It was taken away in Publish 75 on March 26, 2012.

http://www.uoguide.com/Aura_of_Amber_Pigment

I didn't play UO a single second in 2012, the last time I played was about 3 years ago, every item from my inventory is 3+ years old at the
newest.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "europa gold" cloth you can buy and craft with is the same colour as the sash on the left. This is what's confusing me. Also the same colour as the doublet I posted.

I thought the brighter one was Europa gold at first, but bit more research seems to tell me otherwise. It's much brighter than any other Europa gold items. Lets hope someone else can shed some light on this little mystery.

Last edited:

Magrimur

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran

It's not a mystery. The one on the left is true Europa Gold, the 2 on the right are clearly 100% Aura of Amber Pigment, Unless you think someone can craft a death shroud, craft a shield and craft a sword from Europa Gold cloth. The sash does appear brighter but it is only an illusion, differing pieces of clothing appear 'brighter' and 'darker'.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the picture. Wow the one one the left it much nicer.

I'll keep hold of that sash then :)

So the cloth I see people selling as Europa gold is not actually Europa gold?

If you search SUO for "cloth" on Atlantic your see what I mean.

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the cloth for sale on some vendors is just plain cloth dyed amber and then sold as "europa gold" ?

Magrimur

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
So the cloth for sale on some vendors is just plain cloth dyed amber and then sold as "europa gold" ?
Most of it is, what's that Hue check program you have? Is it legal? where do I get it? I'd guess 99% of the "europa gold" advertised stuff is amber pigment, 3yrs
ago before I left I bought up as much europa as I could, but could only afford so much, I mean the amber pigment goes for like 50mil for 5 uses, so 10mil per use,
but if you dye a stack of a zillion bolts of cloth it isn't exactly 'worth' 10mil if it's just 1 body sash, if it's a cool artifact that's one thing but a normal body sash should
sell for similar prices to slime clothes, like 10k tops, I see a normal body sash goin for 2mil, just because it's dyed.

Magrimur

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
ok cool, sounds useful, well I exclusively use the 2d client, if anyone knows how to see the color codes in the 2d client let me know thankx.

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one on the left is the original Europa Gold color...the sash that all the cloth was made from came from the sashes that said "Member Of The Royal Britannian Guard". After the initial release of these, of which each shard was awarded a specific color, the Devs released a second round of sashes from a turn-in that were labeled "Royal Britannian Guard". These 2nd sashes were available to all shards as a turn-in and the colors were different, a lot brighter gold and is the color of the sash on the right in the original post.