• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ethereal Void Imperium Capital (Discussion)

Ethereal Void Imperium

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ethereal Void Imperium Capital

We wish to bring the topic of the Imperium Capital to our community for discussion. Right now we really haven't decided exactly where our Capital will exist. We have been discussing this back and fourth and each of the leaders have some great points. We are in agreement that Kijustsu Anei Keys should not be the Capital. Its a fishing village and its right next to Guardians Gate (Don't want that Royal Guard Deputy Commander and his people having easy access from Guardians Gate and Britain.) *Smiles*

So we have narrowed it down to two possible locations

Kijustsu Anei Village
and
Moria Village

Each township has wonderful reasons for why it should be our capital. They also have wonderful reasons why they should not be our capital. So we want the community to decide which township should be the Capital of the Ethereal Void Imperium. Keep in mind this is just for roleplay. To be honest the only physical appearance you will see is the Imperium Hall.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moria.

It is (or so I am told) the seat of your worldly power; the foremost bastion of Imperial might in all of Greater Sosaria. It is strategically sound and controls a major overland trade route (IC) separating the Windemere and Covetous Peaks from Old Britannia. The buildings are made of stone and are well fortified. And neither New Britannia nor Zento can argue a claim to the lands occupied by the ring of Castles and Keeps.

Kijustsu Anei is to the Imperium what Bucanneers Den is to the Kingdom of Britannia; a den of filth and debauchery where the law is determined by the strongest and most able. To make it a capitol would mean that it would need to be defended. It would mean diplomats and envoys would be exchanged between the Village and its neighboring states. It would mean laws would have to be better enforced. You risk loosing the ambiance in the exchange.

On the other hand - fictional details and mildly IC observations aside - Moria doesn't appear quite as fleshed out as Kijustsu Anei. It may have been no more than the fact that a wandering passerby is barred from entering the private houses.

So it appears you've developed a Triumvirate. I'm curious to see who will be the first to proclaim themselves Caesar Augustus.

Benito

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Moria, simply because the Felucca rule set provides more varied role playing opportunities.

K

Kire

The integrity of flesh always outweighs stone and steel, KAV has loyalty and spirit. Never underestimate the power of people united by the greater good. KAV is devoted to the catapulting UO into the next decade. Most are looking to be part of something bigger than themselves.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I will admit to being unsure which location should be the capital and said we should open it up for input from others. After seeing the input so far, I can see a strong case for Moria being the capital. It would give them something else besides the Fight Nights.

WildStar

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The integrity of flesh always outweighs stone and steel, KAV has loyalty and spirit. Never underestimate the power of people united by the greater good. KAV is devoted to the catapulting UO into the next decade. Most are looking to be part of something bigger than themselves.
I am under the impression that the decision is based on IC motives and drives rather than OOC. I am sure members of both communities (Moria and Kijustsu Anei) are dedicated roleplayers with an interest in seeing things move forward.

But that is just my thought.