• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Error with new patch...please help.

S

Shinobi

When i started it up, it ran through the patching session, but ended with "Error during session". It says i can play the game still, but it won't be as up-to-date. How do i re-apply the patch? I start it up again, but it won't repatch and just says the same thing.

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Shinobi
Go in programs. The High Seas Client should be in an Electronic Arts folder, NOT the normal EA Games folder. Open the patch folder, it should be empty. If it's not delete what's in there. Then re-start and try to patch again.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same problem. There is no patch folder, there is no patchlog. I have no idea how to fix it other than a full re-install so I'll wait to see if this is a general error before taking that step.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same just happened to me, just click ok to play the game anyway and log in as normal ;)

Genious here

Thunderz

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, but it still needs mentioning as an error which is affecting a significant number of people.

I have win 7 32 bit OS, if that's relevant.

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have the same problem. There is no patch folder, there is no patchlog. I have no idea how to fix it other than a full re-install so I'll wait to see if this is a general error before taking that step.
Go to the folder where the High Seas Beta is installed, right click UOPatch.exe and run as administrator. That fixed it for us.

Nurse Miss Maude

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes, but it still needs mentioning as an error which is affecting a significant number of people.

I have win 7 32 bit OS, if that's relevant.

That could be relevant. I'm running XP 64 bit. Had no issue at all patching. I haven't tried it on my win 7 system yet though.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to the folder where the High Seas Beta is installed, right click UOPatch.exe and run as administrator. That fixed it for us.
I tried this with my shortcut, ran as Admin -- and the 9631859 bytes patch applied! Thanks :) [Vista]